So cal ride sept 12 (NOW WITH PICS!!!)

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
few more pics:

the ride was almost 400 miles from my house and back... it was not all twisties though unfortunately...

3913937231_aaf7d59ea5_b.jpg

here is noodle:

3914720930_70e7501597_b.jpg

PowellB on the left and westgoingzax in the back...

3913936199_b36b872a25_b.jpg

left to right: mostro, mclovin, westgoingzax and vegasrider

3913936527_d3e5014661_b.jpg

left to right again:

rsw81, gangsta nccoder, smokenu, and cmayer31

3913936735_b6015f1244_b.jpg

cali_rider, who can't refrain from messing around in front of the camera :D

3914721584_b6344be22d_b.jpg

Kenny was very hungry :D I wonder why... howw was the pie Kenny?

3913936879_827c58fc27_b.jpg

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried not to post up too many duplicate shots.
PalomarMtn9-12-09.jpg

The meet up, I-15 and Pala Road (Hwy 76) fourteen bikes, From Truimphs,Ducati Buell, and lots of Yamaha's. 297 miles to the startpoint. Wonder who travelled the least to get there?
StartPt.jpg

Onto of Palomar Mountain at Mother's Kitchen
OntoPalomarMtn.jpg

Lake Henshaw overlook on the way to Julan, Borrengo Springs and finally up Montezuma Wells.
LakeHenshaw.jpg

Julian California.
JullianCa.jpg

Reserved curbside parking, how did they know we were coming?
Jullian.jpg

Overflow parking
julianparking.jpg

Lunch out at the patio. Finally, a nice pick of David (3rd from left) our staff photographer who is on the otherside of the camera this time.
Lunch.jpg

This is the corner where that rider crashed his Aprilia bike. Cornering judgement, you better judge it correctly.
ApriliaCorner.jpg

Last edited:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
14. Bryan BryanDH: how was the 80's party??? we need a pic of the mullet :rockon:

Screw that wig! I couldn't take it. This is the best I got...I was several beers in by this point. Sort of a Dire Straits reject.

Zanch

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh dang... that sucks. Destroyed the bike, but it's good that he was ok (right?).

Wish I would have seen this before today. I went riding on the 12th, except it wasn't up palomar and it was with my girlfriend. So nothing too serious.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, I didn't realize how close that was. There are some real bozos out there. Did you use your horn? Just kidding.

:rof: :D

I tried not to post up too many duplicate shots.
PalomarMtn9-12-09.jpg

Slamming it down Kenny! awesome! :rockon:

Screw that wig! I couldn't take it. This is the best I got...I was several beers in by this point. Sort of a Dire Straits reject.

Dire Straits is one of my fav group of all times.... thanks for the photo :D :rockon:

Everyone got home safe and sound?..... Even David, Yay!! :D

:Flip:

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome pics and story! Looks like loads of fun, except for all the crazy folks. I'd love to go to California and ride some of the amazing roads out there, Hwy 1, Palomar, etc. One day....

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Now, what we need is a NO CAL group ride....

What's with you Northern members, why don't you do something the same. It's not like you don't have any members who live up north?

Maybe next year, we should plan on having the North meets South somewhere in the middle of the state.

Awesome pics and story! Looks like loads of fun, except for all the crazy folks. I'd love to go to California and ride some of the amazing roads out there, Hwy 1, Palomar, etc. One day....

That is why I make the extra effort to ride down to Southern Cal. Not just for the great roads, but to ride with the great members who live in that area. You must have riders who have the knowledge of the roads and area and have the ability to initiate a controlled ride. I truly believe, you need to have these two combinations in order for the ride to be successful.

Any members who live in Southern Cal who has any reservations whether to attend these rides should definately go. Doesn't matter what skill or experience level you have. The group is always separated based on everyone's riding experience, so you will always ride your own ride.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That made me laugh too. I never thought I'd have a horn on my upgrade wish list, but after hearing yours in action I might just have to reconsider. :thumbup:

I was wondering who had that great horn!
That thing is killer!

Cliff

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have some video of Montezuma Valley Rd to the Rachita, Ca. Snowman or as I like to call it, "The Yeti" That's Wavex, Cali-Rider, and PowellB up ahead. I'm on the Camera bike. We started from Borrego Springs in Anza Borrago Desert where it was 108-109 deg. F before climbing this great road with big open sweepers, back toward our home destinations.

Had to swap out the sound track(Youtube flagged it) from Rush's,"Working them Angels" to a generic audio track from Youtube. Which was better than nothing.
So here it is and again thanks all for such an awesome ride and day together. This forum has the best peeps and riders that represented.

Thank you all for participating and making this happen!

Cliff

EDIT: I've been having problems with this audio all day. It worked on another post. Can't understand why it won't work here! Geez!
EDIT: Now it works...Duh!?!
EDIT: Now it doesn't!?!?! GRRRRRRRRRR!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0FryEYUEs]YouTube - Montezuma to Uncle Yeti[/ame]

Last edited:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have some video of Montezuma Valley Rd to the Rachita, Ca Snowman or as I like to call it, "The Yeti" That's Wavex, Cali-Rider, and PowellB up ahead. I'm on the Camera bike.

Man you guys were cookin'! How fast were you burning through there?