Side fairings to make fully faired FZ6

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It would involve a bit of delicate drilling through the fairing and being very accurate when you go to match them up.
I have taken my R&Gs off and will get round to putting the extended ones on.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I dunno....I think the FZ6 loses some of its character with the lower fairings installed. Yes, it looks great, but somehow....generic?
The "naked" FZ6 has a unique look that catches the eye.
Just my humble opinion. :)

I agree, they look out of place on and FZ6... like an after thought...

phocaea

Reaction score
Visit site
How about genuine Yamaha sliders? Do they fit on genuine full fairing?

there are genuine frame sliders that match the fairing, but their production has been delayed due to manifacturing problems and they will be available in 1-2 months.

in order to install the panels a little drilling is needed, not to fairing but in 2 little pieces of metal that hold the flashes.

Zealous

Reaction score
Visit site

I think that this is kind of a non issue, unless you're lazy. I personally would love the lowers for longer rides. Anyone who rides loves being in the wind somewhat, but after awhile on a long trip it can get old. On the other hand if I'm only using the bike for commuting I'd go naked. I think the belly pan adds a sharp look too though. It just takes a little bit of time, but I'd put them on for trips and leave them off otherwise. :)

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site

I liked them in photos, but when I saw them in person I had the same reaction. Not so much after-market as after-thought. Decided to embrace my semi-nakedness and went with the Yammy belly pan instead.

Reaction score
Visit site
Any news/updates regarding lower fairing for the '07? I'm really eager to purchase some but unsure what source is the best. I called powerbronze and they said the 2007's aren't available, and that the '06 version will not fit.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
there are genuine frame sliders that match the fairing, but their production has been delayed due to manifacturing problems and they will be available in 1-2 months.

in order to install the panels a little drilling is needed, not to fairing but in 2 little pieces of metal that hold the flashes.

Last I knew from Yamaha on the sliders they don't fit. Yam went as far as to cancel my sliders when I ordered the lowers and the sliders together. Perhaps they'd sooner sell lowers each time a bike got dropped instead of just a new slider head :confused:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any news/updates regarding lower fairing for the '07? I'm really eager to purchase some but unsure what source is the best. I called powerbronze and they said the 2007's aren't available, and that the '06 version will not fit.

Try this site and let me know what you think, when you open it just go to what bike you have pick 07 FZ6. Let me know what you think.

[email protected]

Last edited:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also look at RADIATOR PANELS on this thread and you will see a couple of other site's as well, just scroll toward the bottom.