Ebay FE Kits

SLracer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys so I was looking at getting an FE kit and found 2 on Ebay that I had narrowed it down to. Does anyone have either of these or seen either of them?

FZ6 FZ 6 2003 2004 2005 03 04 05 Fender Eliminator: eBay Motors (item 250573075317 end time May-31-10 21:13:07 PDT)

04-08 Yamaha FZ6 Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator: eBay Motors (item 370305002500 end time Jun-08-10 14:24:11 PDT)

The first one seems like it pulls everything in a little more but I am not sure if its too close or how strong those turn signals are.

The second one doesn't bring it in as much but it may be too similar to stock and is more expensive. Opinions welcome. Thanks!

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just gonna make one tomorrow at work out of 1/4" steel plate and mount it to where the fender attatches now...I'll post a pic when I'm done...nothing fancy but it will be cheap :)

SLracer

Reaction score
Visit site
Part of the issue is that my current plate light is all sorts of broken from the previous owner so I would like something more aftermarket, thanks though Ginster. I could make one myself I am sure but am willing to spend a few bones to get one, I am real busy right now.

SLracer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Kazza do you have a direct link to it by any chance. I can't seem to find any on eBay or on their website. It looks pretty similar to link #2. Thanks

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Really? It says in the ad it does. What doesnt work? I was hoping this was going to work with my set up.

That's why I bought it too. I would work but you would have to modify it by drilling some holes in it. I didn't feel like messing with it tho. I emailed the guy to tell him and he didn't seemed to concerend about it. Said it works with the older style, but they must have changed their mounting when they changed the pipes. It would have been nice if he would have said that in the ad. I just cut the "tail" off the bottom of the factory one that hangs below the license plate and that works for me for now.

SLracer

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea that link goes to their main home page. When I go to the Buy Now- Yamaha section I get an empty screen and they don't have any FZ6 stuff listed on their ebay page that I can see, unless its a universal kit

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea that link goes to their main home page. When I go to the Buy Now- Yamaha section I get an empty screen and they don't have any FZ6 stuff listed on their ebay page that I can see, unless its a universal kit
Yeah, same thing happened when I just had a look. Maybe email them or search on Ebay community for user name d3-components. They don't have any items listed at the moment, but if you send them a message, they might be able to help you.

Good luck!

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site

SLracer

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks I will keep that in mind but once again I am doing this because my plate light is broken. The bike is registered in FL there are no inspections and I live out of state with the military so legality of the plate light and turn signals doesn't bother me. Any opinions on the original links? Anyone have them, heard of, have opinions bout them?

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com

Agreed, especially because that's my FZ6 and my pictures in the ad. :thumbup:

No, I'm not the seller, but I had one of the first FAZR6 FE kits and took comparison before/after shots of the install and posted them on sb.net. The next year, I noticed that my FZ6 and pictures were used in the eBay ad. I am proud, even if I don't get recognition. :rockon:

I think that Mike (original seller of the FE kit) did give me a free set of R6 fork swap spacers after I mentioned it to him.