Yamaha OEM '08+ fz6 lower fairing kit (full cowlings) on an '06 fz6?

bansheefreak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so as the title says, I'm wondering if anyone knows if the OEM Yamaha lower fairing kit for '08+ fz6 will fit an '06 fz6. I really like the way the OEM fairings look on the '08 and I just feel like that's one thing that's missing from my '06. If they will not work on an '06, then can anyone tell me where I can find an aftermarket kit that is very similar in look.

Here's a link to the '08 fairings (or full cowlings as they are called on the site)
General Accessories, Motorcycles and Scooters, 2008 FZ6, Full Cowling

And before someone says "dude just get an r6 if you want full fairings", I love my fz6 and how it is extremely comfortable to ride, yet has plenty of power to still have fun out on the twisties. When I went out on a ride the other day with a couple buddies (one has a zx-10 and the other has an r1), after a while you could tell they were getting cramped up and were stretching out their legs and arms, meanwhile I was riding along very comfortable. I'd never get rid of my very comfortable, yet fun fz6 for a more aggressive riding position of an r6. I just prefer the look of a fully faired bike vs a naked bike.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
dude get an r6 :BLAA:

you could try to convert to the 08 upper fairing so that you can easiliy attach the stock oem cowlings. i understand this could cost a pretty penny, i like the powerbronze ones too but somehow the original yamaha ones look better. i wanted to do this but it wouldn t have been worthwhile for me.

or else buy a used 06 fairing and chop the lower bit where the indicators fit to try to fit the 08 fairing, but i guess it would be better to convert to the 08 for a cleaner job