San Diego riders?

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up riding the canyons to the coast at Solana Beach and then followed the ocean to Chula Vista. When I started heading east for the mountains I got rained on pretty good, so I jumped on the super slabs and made my way west and north again.
IMG_0009.jpg

Maybe next week I'll aim for a weekend Julian ride.

On a side note I love the Olympia Airglide pants. With the rain liner in my legs didn't get wet at all even on the super slab at speed.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Visit site
Superslab = freeway

That's what I thought......Superslab! I like it!

Hey guys, I just bought a leather Frank Thomas jacket at Cycle Gear in El Cajon for $80! Retails for $350+.....They have other leather jackets here for $50 too! It's an outlet store for their larger stores in SoCal. Great place to find a deal. Worth checking out.....

cycle gear el cajon - Google Maps

Last edited:

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey #27, good call on the Cycle Gear outlet store. I picked up a pair of Teknic Violator gauntlet gloves for $40. Right now they also have an in store 20% off coupon for any single item.

Also, it gave me an excuse to go ride. For what it's worth to the San Diego folk here are some road observations from today:

Bandy Canyon has a lot of loose dirt and mud closest to the Wild Animal Park. From there most of the corners in the shade are still wet and there is random dirt from trucks pulling out of the dirt road.

Highland Valley Road has a lot of sand in some of the blind turns and the shady corners are still wet.

Highway 76 through Ramona, Main St., has a lot of traffic until it splits into two lanes on the way out to El Cajon.

Be safe out there and remember that the rains have deteriorated the roads pretty bad.

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey #27, good call on the Cycle Gear outlet store. I picked up a pair of Teknic Violator gauntlet gloves for $40. Right now they also have an in store 20% off coupon for any single item.

Also, it gave me an excuse to go ride. For what it's worth to the San Diego folk here are some road observations from today:

Bandy Canyon has a lot of loose dirt and mud closest to the Wild Animal Park. From there most of the corners in the shade are still wet and there is random dirt from trucks pulling out of the dirt road.

Highland Valley Road has a lot of sand in some of the blind turns and the shady corners are still wet.

Highway 76 through Ramona, Main St., has a lot of traffic until it splits into two lanes on the way out to El Cajon.

Be safe out there and remember that the rains have deteriorated the roads pretty bad.

Yeh, I like that store.....I even got a couple t-shirts for like $3 or something, and saved $20 with that coupon on my jacket......:rockon:
hey bro, If you wanna ride, I am meeting a friend at about 9am on Monday? Just a simple cruise, couple hours and maybe some lunch., probably towards Julian/East(?)...

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeh, I like that store.....I even got a couple t-shirts for like $3 or something, and saved $20 with that coupon on my jacket......:rockon:
hey bro, If you wanna ride, I am meeting a friend at about 9am on Monday? Just a simple cruise, couple hours and maybe some lunch., probably towards Julian/East(?)...

Would love to, but my work schedule is Mon-Fri 7:30am - 5:00pm. :rolleyes: Great for having weekends off, but lousy for weekday rides.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Would love to, but my work schedule is Mon-Fri 7:30am - 5:00pm. :rolleyes: Great for having weekends off, but lousy for weekday rides.

my schedule used to be 7 days a week 10pm-6am... not so good for riding

now it's 7 days a week 2pm-10pm. not sure which is worse lol

Reaction score
Visit site
This weather has just been sheeeet for riding! Looks like it should be clearing over the next few days, anyone down for tentative weekend cruise?

On a side note.....

This weather has slayed my british built Land Rover, the wipers and spray are coming on with the car off(!!!...:eek:) and seems to somehow be linked to a short with a interior light....LOL! I had to pull the baterry cable tonight because the spray pump motor just comes on whenever was freakin out the neighbors......:rolleyes::uk: All you can do is laugh with euro cars, in particular British...this my 1st Rover, and 3rd Brit-mobile and all the electronics suck. I'm hoping for some dry weather to diagnos and fix tomorrow as my garage is currently full with wife's junk.:Flash:

Anyway....Merry Christmas all!
:thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
This weather has just been sheeeet for riding! Looks like it should be clearing over the next few days, anyone down for tentative weekend cruise?

No but I'll be in Solana Beach (w/ my bike) next week and could possibly do some riding on the 31st or maybe the 1st (I'll be 2up). I might just stick to relaxing w/ family but if any rides are going on, be sure to let me know. :thumbup:

This weather has slayed my british built Land Rover, the wipers and spray are coming on with the car off(!!!...:eek:) and seems to somehow be linked to a short with a interior light....LOL!

Get a Land Cruiser or Tacoma...problem solved. :rockon:

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Motorcycle Alarm system for my FZ: any of you guys know where I could get one installed around SD?

I'm not familiar with alarm systems for out bikes. Only think I can think of is research one that you like the best and see if their official website lists authorized installers/dealers. Hopefully there are some good shops that can help, and someone with more info than me. ;)

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going riding for sure today, but have no clue where. I normally wander with no direction and use the GPS to get home. For now I'll probably head into Valley Center and head across to Fallbrook, then up to Temecula and back somehow.

If anything more concrete is decided and a group of FZ6ers goes out I'll try to meet up, but I'd hate to lead because like I said I never have a clue where I'm going and don't know the roads that well.

Last edited: