San Diego riders?

DeeLewis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey just found this FZ6 community. I'm definitely down for a ride. I usually work mornings until about 3pm so any time after that would be awesome. Maybe we could try a Julian ride or something along the coast?

Reaction score
Visit site
if no one minds, I know 3-4 local guys with all different bikes too(Triumph streettriple,Bergmann 400scooter & a V-Star...lol).......maybe in about 1-2 weeks? Anyone wanna throw out a date time that might work?
Monday mornings or Saturday are best for me, & i'm off every other Thursday too.....
I'm a new rider...well I rode dirtbikes when I was 16/17, and now I'm 34....so I'm still very much "learning", but Julian is a ride I've been talking about for a few weeks now anyway, so that sounds cool. Up the 101 would be cool too.....

Last edited:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
....but Julian is a ride I've been talking about for a few weeks now anyway, so that sounds cool. Up the 101 would be cool too.....

I'd join up with you for either of these journeys. There are lots of beautiful roads around Mt. Palomar/Julian. And, a Thursday ride would be best as all of the real world is at work, roads are wide open.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll try to get out this weekend.

I'll have to get back here and check out how this is going.

I've hooked up a few times with some guys I think are called SoCal Riders. We did Highland Valley Rd. Old Julian Rd, Wynola Rd. and Banner Grade.
Fast and Fun!

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you in Tenn.?:confused:

I "live" in Tennessee but since I work for the Navy I'm currently in San Diego and I'm ready to ride. I'm totally down for a ride. I'm a novice so I'm not going to get crazy with the cheese wiz but would certainly like to be in a group. My schedule changes every 2 weeks (swing shift) but hopefully I'll be able to make it.

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool....sounds like a little momentum for this to happen which is cool....

**I AM OFF TOMORROW AND WILL CHECK THE SITE , so if anyone is down to ride around NOON 12/11 , shoot me a PM, or POST UP HERE and we'll meet at say....QUALCOMM STADIUM(?? I live in Santee))**

I'll throw a date a time out there by this weekend unless someone has an idea(need to check the schedule with the Holidays/weather and all), but I'm pretty flexible so we'll see what works best to get as many involved.
Cool!:wav:

Last edited:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work from 10pm-6am tomorrow so noon is doable. (if I can get out of bed in time lol). I'll PM you with my phone number. Maybe some others can join us.

DeeLewis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey #27, I have the day off as well today so I'd be willing to ride around. I just have class that I would have to leave for at about 5ish, so anytime before that would be awesome. I live down in Poway.

Reaction score
Visit site
I work from 10pm-6am tomorrow so noon is doable. (if I can get out of bed in time lol). I'll PM you with my phone number. Maybe some others can join us.

Gonna have to take a rain check today, sorry....what a tease....Wife stuck me with p/u kid duty at 12:45,(sh!t!):(. Love the 6:30am notice she gives me...lol! Anyway, I will post something up by this weekend and see what we can get the most agreement on.

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey #27, I have the day off as well today so I'd be willing to ride around. I just have class that I would have to leave for at about 5ish, so anytime before that would be awesome. I live down in Poway.

Sorry for the "ride tease".....we'll make this happen though:thumbup:

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm North County Inland and am up for riding. Unfortunately I work Mon-Fri 7:30am-5:00pm, so my riding will be limited to weekends or evenings. I'm fairly new, coming from a dirt background, so I'd probably ride near the back and follow along. :thumbup:

I rode Escondido -> Ramona -> Julian -> Sunrise -> East County and back last Saturday between 10am and 1pm and there was very little traffic. Too bad they're talking rain for this weekend. Anyhow, Palomar is much better during the week if you're heading that way.

DeeLewis

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm North County Inland and am up for riding. Unfortunately I work Mon-Fri 7:30am-5:00pm, so my riding will be limited to weekends or evenings. I'm fairly new, coming from a dirt background, so I'd probably ride near the back and follow along. :thumbup:

I rode Escondido -> Ramona -> Julian -> Sunrise -> East County and back last Saturday between 10am and 1pm and there was very little traffic. Too bad they're talking rain for this weekend. Anyhow, Palomar is much better during the week if you're heading that way.

Out of curiosity, is there a good time to do the Palomar Mountain run when there's not too many bikers out? Me and my friend went into a Harley Davidson dealership the other day to look at bikes for my friend, and the guy said that a load of people come out on the weekends, and that's when you see some fatalities. Does the same hold true for the weekdays?

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Out of curiosity, is there a good time to do the Palomar Mountain run when there's not too many bikers out? Me and my friend went into a Harley Davidson dealership the other day to look at bikes for my friend, and the guy said that a load of people come out on the weekends, and that's when you see some fatalities. Does the same hold true for the weekdays?

My weekday riding up there is limited, but when I've gone up with the truck during the week it's basically vacant. I'd assume Mon-Fri mid-morning after everyone on the mountain has left for work would be the best bet.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I'm going riding tomorrow after 11:00 am.... notjohndavid! you have a PM with a contact info....

Think it's supposed to rain here this weekend so better git yer ride in Friday.

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some dates I plan on riding, if anyone is interested in meeting up locally.I'm thinking the Julian run is a good route, but I'm not a leader, so if anyone has experience and is willing, post up which day or another day and we see who can go. Post up here what you can make and see'll see what we get either way.....Date and weather forecast below, .

SD FZ6'ers!:

Saturday December 20th- Julian Ride..meet at Qualcomm -11AM Daily Weather Forecast for Julian, CA (92036) - weather.com

Sunday December 21st - after 12pm(?) Julian or whatever , meet wherever
Daily Weather Forecast for Julian, CA (92036) - weather.com

Monday December 22nd I am riding for sure this day barring weather...knock on wood 9:00am meet at IHOP-MissionGorge) in Santee **weather report 1 dayout**

:Lurking:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I'm going riding tomorrow after 11:00 am.... notjohndavid! you have a PM with a contact info....

Think it's supposed to rain here this weekend so better git yer ride in Friday.

At least some of us were able to get our act together for a ride to Julian (mmm, pie) :D