San Diego riders?

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sunday my work schedule changes to 10pm-6am. It'll stay like that for 2 weeks so I'm up for a ride outside of those hours assuming I have some time to rest.

I'm not going to try and keep up with an R1 though. :p

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be out that way on Wednesday Jan 14 if any of you want to ride. Hemet/Sage/Warner Springs/Ranchita/Borrego Springs/Banner Grade/Wynola Rd./Palomar/Pala is the route, starting 9:00AM.

I'll be on my R1 so the pace will be quick. Post here if you are going to be around.

Gotta work brotha, sorry.....would love too!

It would be cool ridng next to an R1, but I might be too slow to keep pace. That, a Buell or the Speed Triple are my next bike.....can't decide, all different in their own way.:confused:

Last edited:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gotta work brotha, sorry.....would love too!

It would be cool ridng next to an R1, but I might be too slow to keep pace. That, a Buell or the Speed Triple are my next bike.....can't decide, all different in their own way.:confused:

Why not get both? :) :) :)

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Cali I'd love to ride with you and that's a great route. I normally try to do the reverse and leave out Hemet/Sage. I was out last weekend and the wind through Wynola/Julian was pushing 50+ mph gusts...today must have been a much better ride. Hope you had a blast.

27, I work like 5 minutes away from NCY, but won't be able to take a break that early into the shift. I go in there and drool over the Triumph Daytona and I'm sure that in the future I will own one; it may be an antique by then, but I will get one. Enjoy looking around!

Reaction score
Visit site
Why not get both? :) :) :)

I wish.!!!!!!.... I'm already (sort of) lamenting the FZ6, as riding my buddy's Street Triple was an excellent experience. I really like my FZ,it's a fun bike...but, I've always been about having something unique....my 1st 3 cars were a '76 Gremlin X, '69 Beetle and '80 Alfa Romeo spider.....The Triumph and Buell really appeal to that part of my soul. While the FZ6 is unique, there is a certain part of me that regrets buying it...ironically FOR all the reasons I bought. It's NOT a sportbike, it's NOT naked, and it's NOT a tourer, BUT, it can do all of those things decent, but not excellent. I know...I make no sense!
In retrospect, I still would have bought an FZ6 as my bike to get back into riding, but maybe looked for a used one that I wouldn't need to finance....oh well.......either way I'm riding and loving it..... so....

Last edited:

DeeLewis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I'm on vacation this entire coming week. My road trip to Yosemite didn't exactly work out as planned so I'm back home and dying to go for some riding. Let me know if anyone wants to take a ride, was thinking of doing some kind of coast run or maybe julian/palomar mountain.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I'm on vacation this entire coming week. My road trip to Yosemite didn't exactly work out as planned so I'm back home and dying to go for some riding. Let me know if anyone wants to take a ride, was thinking of doing some kind of coast run or maybe julian/palomar mountain.

bummer about your trip. I'm working the 21:45-05:45 shift this week. I'm up for a little trip during the day... maybe head out around noonish? Let me know if you're up for that. Coast run sounds great.

DeeLewis

Reaction score
Visit site
bummer about your trip. I'm working the 21:45-05:45 shift this week. I'm up for a little trip during the day... maybe head out around noonish? Let me know if you're up for that. Coast run sounds great.

Yeah definitely David. How does Thursday sound? Did you know of any coast runs? I tried the highway 101 once but I know it ends up ending somewhere in Oceanside I heard. I'm really craving to just find a route that scales some cliffs right along the coast. That would be awesome. Get back to me.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah definitely David. How does Thursday sound? Did you know of any coast runs? I tried the highway 101 once but I know it ends up ending somewhere in Oceanside I heard. I'm really craving to just find a route that scales some cliffs right along the coast. That would be awesome. Get back to me.

Thursday works for me. Anyone else?

The only coastal place I've been to here is Sunset Cliffs. It's about 1/4 mile of what you're talking about ;) I think that'd be awesome. Just not sure how far north we'll have to go to get what we're looking for.

Reaction score
Visit site
Thursday works for me. Anyone else?

The only coastal place I've been to here is Sunset Cliffs. It's about 1/4 mile of what you're talking about ;) I think that'd be awesome. Just not sure how far north we'll have to go to get what we're looking for.

Hey man, awesome write up on the Scorpio!:wav:
I've been pre-occupied with some issues the last few weeks and had to put everything on hold. Hopefully can meet up with you guys on Thursday.......

Last edited:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome, thursday it is.

Maybe we should go south instead of going north? Actually never driven down in TJ so maybe traffic is a nightmare? No clue.

You guys mind if I tag along? I should be able to swing Thursday. Where/When are you meeting?

Yes we mind! okay just kidding. I don't think we have plans on what or where we are going to ride. Guess that'll determine where we meet.

Reactions: #27

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe we should go south instead of going north? Actually never driven down in TJ so maybe traffic is a nightmare? No clue.

Yes we mind! okay just kidding. I don't think we have plans on what or where we are going to ride. Guess that'll determine where we meet.

Cool, let me know....

DeeLewis

Reaction score
Visit site
What would be a good time to meet up for both of you? And a location? I'm located in Poway, I know david is pretty far down south, how about you 27? We could head southbound down the coast if you wanted to, or north. Was really looking to see what was beyond the 101 after oceanside.

Reaction score
Visit site
What would be a good time to meet up for both of you? And a location? I'm located in Poway, I know david is pretty far down south, how about you 27? We could head southbound down the coast if you wanted to, or north. Was really looking to see what was beyond the 101 after oceanside.

I'm here in Santee (East County). I have to goto work at some point that afternoon so I imagine if you guys are heading north it may be a little longer trip than I gambled for,or maybe I can ride up and just bail when I need too....
Earlier is better for me (so I can return earlier), but I'll pretty much meet you guys wherever,......as long as I can find it, I'm a transplanted NY'er still exploring SD...LOL;)

-Chris

DeeLewis

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay 27 sounds good. David what time do you think you'd be wanting to meet up at? I'm good for whenever, so let's get a time settled for the three of us to meet up then we'll decide on where to meet.