San Diego riders?

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay 27 sounds good. David what time do you think you'd be wanting to meet up at? I'm good for whenever, so let's get a time settled for the three of us to meet up then we'll decide on where to meet.

If we're headed up 101 maybe earlier would be better. Problem is I don't get off work until 6am and would like some sleep. 10am would probably be the earliest I could meet up.

Reaction score
Visit site
(nothing to do with this thread, but....)

I just discovered the "REP" button.....I'm not sure what that does, but I added to you guys reputation.....LOL! Cheers!

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
(nothing to do with this thread, but....)

I just discovered the "REP" button.....I'm not sure what that does, but I added to you guys reputation.....LOL! Cheers!

i think it's one of the things that helps our "rep power" thanks ;)

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can do ten......:thumbup:

where at?

everyone in the san diego area. #27, DeeLewis and myself are meeting up at 10:30 tomorrow (Jan 21st) at the cyclegear on convoy street. we'll be headed up to oceanside and beyond for a costal ride on the 101. anyone else that wants to go be at cyclegear at 10:30

Reaction score
Visit site
Chris, David, was awesome riding with you guys today! Let's do it again soon. :thumbup:

+1 to that guys...great riding with you. That was my 1st time in the rain!!!! I was a little scared but really feel like I conquered something today! Thanks guys!

On a side note, if you guys ever want to meet up and do a mod(s) or something, I'll offer up my garage ( I know you mentioned it's tough w/o one David) . I'm getting new bars next week and could use help with the install :rockon:

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you guys had a fun ride! I'm bummed I miss out, but that's the joys of working 8-5 everyday :rolleyes: .

I'll keep an eye out for weekend rides. :thumbup:

I know at least one of you had a camera....right? ;)

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chris, David, was awesome riding with you guys today! Let's do it again soon. :thumbup:

+1 to that guys...great riding with you. That was my 1st time in the rain!!!! I was a little scared but really feel like I conquered something today! Thanks guys!

On a side note, if you guys ever want to meet up and do a mod(s) or something, I'll offer up my garage ( I know you mentioned it's tough w/o one David) . I'm getting new bars next week and could use help with the install :rockon:

+2. No doubt it was a lot of fun even though the weather wasn't the best. That was a really great ride along the coast. Absolutely stunning. Very glad we were able to make it.

sorry to you both for making the wrong turn at the end. I saw the orange cones and thought "we didn't pass those on the way up... must not be the right way" and knew that we didn't go along the coast for a little bit (but it was closer to the base that we turned around at). You can flog me next time.

And #27, good job on riding in the rain. Just have to be extra careful and keep an eye out for things like tar snakes, painted lines, railroad tracks, potholes full of water, stupid cages etc. After we got on the 5 I remembered you hadn't ridden in the rain yet and started worrying when DeeLewis and I couldn't see you. That's why we pulled over but in hindsight it'd have been better to drop well below the speed limit and wait for a few minutes as pulling off the interstate and back on wasn't the safest.

But overall a great ride and we'll certainly have to do it again. Maybe we could do the Pacific Coast Highway to long beach someday when we have more time. I'd like to check it out

Sounds like you guys had a fun ride! I'm bummed I miss out, but that's the joys of working 8-5 everyday :rolleyes: .

I'll keep an eye out for weekend rides. :thumbup:

I know at least one of you had a camera....right? ;)

Hey, I work 7 days a week so I don't want to hear it! no excuses ;)

I looked for my camera before we headed out but I don't know what I did with it. I was going to make a post when we got back giving you a hard time for not being there as you could have taken some pics but you already beat me to it haha

Reaction score
Visit site
+2. No doubt it was a lot of fun even though the weather wasn't the best. That was a really great ride along the coast. Absolutely stunning. Very glad we were able to make it.

sorry to you both for making the wrong turn at the end. I saw the orange cones and thought "we didn't pass those on the way up... must not be the right way" and knew that we didn't go along the coast for a little bit (but it was closer to the base that we turned around at). You can flog me next time.

And #27, good job on riding in the rain. Just have to be extra careful and keep an eye out for things like tar snakes, painted lines, railroad tracks, potholes full of water, stupid cages etc. After we got on the 5 I remembered you hadn't ridden in the rain yet and started worrying when DeeLewis and I couldn't see you. That's why we pulled over but in hindsight it'd have been better to drop well below the speed limit and wait for a few minutes as pulling off the interstate and back on wasn't the safest.

But overall a great ride and we'll certainly have to do it again. Maybe we could do the Pacific Coast Highway to long beach someday when we have more time. I'd like to check it out

Hey, I work 7 days a week so I don't want to hear it! no excuses ;)

I looked for my camera before we headed out but I don't know what I did with it. I was going to make a post when we got back giving you a hard time for not being there as you could have taken some pics but you already beat me to it haha

I just assumed one of you guys had a camera.... LOL!

Yeh, I have to admit.....I was confident until we got on the 5....it took me a while to get up the balls to go 60-65, that's why I fell behind, I also took the on ramp ridiculously slow. THANK YOU BOTH for waiting for me :thumbup:, you're right that the free-way shoulder stop was probably not the safest, but riding with you guys on the freeway in the rain made it a ton easier. Again, thank you both.....

I'll tell you what though, by the time I got back to the 52, the road was dry and I'll admit I "air-dried" the bike at around 92mph......:rockon:

Lotta fun guys, my suggestion is next time we head east on the 94 out to like Campo or something, open up the bikes a little....but I'm up for whatever though.
I'm heading up to Joshua Tree Friday afternoon, not on the bike though. Not sure if you guys have ever been but that's a pretty amazing place, would be a great ride too. Summer trip...?

Last edited:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeh, I have to admit.....I was confident until we got on the 5....it took me a while to get up the balls to go 60-65, that's why I fell behind, I also took the on ramp ridiculously slow. THANK YOU BOTH for waiting for me :thumbup:

Lotta fun guys, my suggestion is next time we head east on the 94 out to like Campo or something, open up the bikes a little....but I'm up for whatever though.
I'm heading up to Joshua Tree Friday afternoon, not on the bike though. Not sure if you guys have ever been but that's a pretty amazing place, would be a great ride too. Summer trip...?

No worries there. We were riding as a group but you still gotta watch out for you and yours. Always better to be too slow than too fast. I've never been to Joshua Tree but I'm hoping to get out there soon. I'd go this summer if I'm still here for work.

DeeLewis

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep definitely a good job with riding in the rain yesterday 27. It's always hard at first to get over that fear, since everyone seems to make it sound like riding a motorcycle on the rain is pretty much kissing your life goodbye. Just have to keep your distance, watch for debris in the road, and not ride in the center of the lane since that's where all the oil tends to just sit and pool up. I read in Proficient Motorcycling that during rain you should follow the tracks of other cars. And have a blast at Joshua Tree, heard it's great for rock climbing out there!

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys, got back from Joshua Tree Monday.....talk about amazing scenery!!!!! Myself and a bud are going up to North County Yamaha/Triumph (NCY)this Saturday around 11or12am. We are meeting at -The Hartford- building on 101 Riverview Parkway, Santee 92071. He has a Triumph and they carry a jacket he wants. If any one is interested, it's a cool ride. There is a Cycle Gear right next door too.

Last edited:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys, got back from Joshua Tree Monday.....talk about amazing scenery!!!!! Myself and a bud are going up to North County Yamaha/Triumph (NCY)this Saturday around 11or12am. We are meeting at -The Hartford- building on 101 Riverview Parkway, Santee 92071. He has a Triumph and they carry a jacket he wants. If any one is interested, it's a cool ride. There is a Cycle Gear right next door too.

Where is Santee? >.<

*google maps*

Ah.. I may be up for a ride tomorrow. depends how early I can wake up

Reaction score
Visit site
Where is Santee? >.<

*google maps*

Ah.. I may be up for a ride tomorrow. depends how early I can wake up

East County - here is a map the the building mentioned above, turns out the street name changed and it's not updated in google maps....
101 riverview parkway santee 92071 - Google Maps

If you are up for a Thursday ride, call or text me, I am up and off all day except for some work from home I need to do at no specific time.;)

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
East County - here is a map the the building mentioned above, turns out the street name changed and it's not updated in google maps....
101 riverview parkway santee 92071 - Google Maps

If you are up for a Thursday ride, call or text me, I am up and off all day except for some work from home I need to do at no specific time.;)

Sorry I missed the ride today. I had an unproductive day of doing nothing. I needed it though, this 10pm-6am shift sucks hardcore.

Luckily I change shifts starting Sunday I'll be doing 2pm-10pm if you or anyone else is up for a morning ride in the next 2 weeks. (In 2 weeks I change shifts again)

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any of you guys interested in some carbon fiber two brother's exhausts with the P1 noise dampener?

I bought them and haven't installed them on the bike. I'm about to head up to Portland in a few weeks (leaving my bike here) and when I'm done in Portland I'm going to take the bike cross-country to Tennessee. I'm thinking about just shipping the exhaust to Tennessee but just thought if one of you guys are looking to buy some CF TB's then we could work something out.

I put some Givi's on my bike in preperation for the trip and don't want to mess with trying to come up with a mounting system in the next few weeks for the exhaust since I'm sort of pressed for time.

If no one is interested I'll just ship them to myself in TN. Otherwise I was thinking like $50 less than whatever I paid for them from the group deal which is a bit higher than $675 so let's just say $675 even.

edit: looks like the dollar is stronger than when I bought the system a few months ago so let's say $660

Last edited:

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Count me in! I leave for my first road trip on thursday, return Sunday. So as soon as I recover. I'm down!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

I hear Ortega Hwy is a nice road as well, never been, but could be a great ride to plan.
I have Thursday's & Saturdays off.

Keep me posted

Reaction score
Visit site
Any of you guys interested in some carbon fiber two brother's exhausts with the P1 noise dampener?

I bought them and haven't installed them on the bike. I'm about to head up to Portland in a few weeks (leaving my bike here) and when I'm done in Portland I'm going to take the bike cross-country to Tennessee. I'm thinking about just shipping the exhaust to Tennessee but just thought if one of you guys are looking to buy some CF TB's then we could work something out.

I put some Givi's on my bike in preperation for the trip and don't want to mess with trying to come up with a mounting system in the next few weeks for the exhaust since I'm sort of pressed for time.

If no one is interested I'll just ship them to myself in TN. Otherwise I was thinking like $50 less than whatever I paid for them from the group deal which is a bit higher than $675 so let's just say $675 even.

edit: looks like the dollar is stronger than when I bought the system a few months ago so let's say $660

would love 'em, but broke :(
Are you moving? Let's get an SD ride in before if so!