San Diego riders?

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm out of town working all week, but should land back in San Diego Friday night. Might be up for a ride next weekend if anyone heads out.

27, those bars look cool; let me know if they work out steering/bar end wise. I rotated the stock ones down a bit in the clamps and it made a little difference, but I'm thinking about trying the FZ1 bar soon.

notjohndavid, are you coming back to San Diego for any amount of time after Portland? Maybe you'll get lucky and pull another San Diego based ship. :D

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
would love 'em, but broke :(
Are you moving? Let's get an SD ride in before if so!

I don't actually live in SD. Just here for work. Been here for a while now but work moves and so do I :-/

Probably leaving in about 2 weeks. I may be gone next week to. I'm down for a ride if I can figure out when.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Give a holler when you get here. I ride Old Julian Road just about every week. Of course Winola, Banner Grade and Highland Valley Rd. etc.

<------ Wait a minute recognize this Little hairpin?

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
notjohndavid, are you coming back to San Diego for any amount of time after Portland? Maybe you'll get lucky and pull another San Diego based ship. :D

I'll be in portland for 3 months and then I don't know after that. plan is to take vacation maybe in april and then drive the fiz from here up to LA, then pick up route 66 then ride to Tennessee and leave the bike at my parent's.

I put in a request for a San Diego ship but I don't know if it'll happen. I just sold my Suzuiki GS500 today so after I'm back I won't have a bike here... unless I buy something else ;)

But I'm usually here at least a couple times out of the year for one thing or another.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cruised out to Old Julian Road today for a little ride. Maybe we'll get some sun on Sat.

BY the way if any are going to ride the back roads in San Diego be careful of (after storm) debri, especially in those sweepers. There's sand and little pieces of anything out there.

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Cruised out to Old Julian Road today for a little ride. Maybe we'll get some sun on Sat.

BY the way if any are going to ride the back roads in San Diego be careful of (after storm) debri, especially in those sweepers. There's sand and little pieces of anything out there.

Great reminder about riding after the rain. I saw you mentioned Highland Valley and I have personal experience with sliding, rubber down luckily, through sand near the nursery close to the 15.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Cliff, sorry I missed you ... unexpected company showed up :-/

My bike gets loaded on a ship tomorrow to head to portland :scared:
I hope they don't drop it on the pier

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
A buddy from work and I are going heading out for a work stress reliever ride early tomorrow. Not really sure what the plans are, but will probably head out from Escondido, and do some loop through all or parts of: Ramona, Julian, Banner, Ocotillo, Borrego Springs, Montezuma, Palomar, and back into Escondido via Lake Wolford. Might see some of you guys out there.

We just decided to do this, but next time I'll try to get some planning done and make a ride out of it if other FZers are interested.

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
I really need to work on body position, but it was a fun ride today. Hit most of my favorite roads and it was gorgeous weather.

Just one quick one from Rick Clemson.
CM_59038.jpg

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really need to work on body position, but it was a fun ride today. Hit most of my favorite roads and it was gorgeous weather.

Just one quick one from Rick Clemson.
CM_59038.jpg

at least you're looking where you are going and not at your front tire? :)

I miss San diego :( I'm stuck in Virginia Beach right now for training... blargh