Riding while riding?

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a bit of an issue with this for some reason, anyone else? I always wear my Icon kevlar jeans and boxers and my boys always get squeezed after several stops and starts. I find it difficult to adjust properly when riding. I stood up once and got everything sorted out alright but it doesn't look good. Sounds weird but I'm serious, is it the pants/boxers? Seating position maybe? I like to sit back a bit where the first seat ends. Sorry no pics available, any advice though?

Bodarc

Reaction score
Visit site
No way, I thought I was the only one with the "Squished Bean Bag Syndrome" (SBBS). I haven't figured out any real solutions per say. I just continuely adjust. Polite or not, can't live with the marbels in a dire situation.

:rockon:
Bodarc

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
yes briefs, boxer briefs, or a type of spandex/bicycle shorts will give you support in that area. Also you may want to shop for pants that have a larger crotch area because pants tend to bind in that area because of the bending of the waist and knees and movement ont he seat

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Bicycle shorts are good. Get some with flat seams. You have no idea how much round seams will hurt after an hour in the saddle.

For long distance, I've seen people wear full length spandex pants. After feeling how denim can grab and stretch your skin when you're sweating, I can appreciate this. I may get some for my next trip and not care if I look goofy when I take off my riding pants.

Also, as far as the mashed bag, it makes a big difference if you get on the bike, then reach in and reorient the entire assembly to a more vertical position. The bike shorts will hold things in place once they're positioned, and you won't be sitting on anything anymore.

Fred

P.S. Vegasrider, you sick, sick man.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
reach in and reorient the entire assembly to a more vertical position.

You had me cracking up with that line :thumbup: Well I'm glad it isn't just me, I'll try some flat seamed boxer briefs. Maybe I'll write a detailed review. Vegas I knew someone would take the bait so I snapped a few pics this morning... :eek: just kidding.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
A different seat with a larger front beak that covers lower part of the tank also works wonders. My top saddlery solved that issue since it has a compact rider area that prevents sliding back and forth and also alleviates my wrist pain.

wayne 3

Reaction score
Visit site
well i always rock the boxers and jeans. it does bind up everyonce in a while so i just stand up and shake everything down. it gets the boys back where they need to be and gets some blood back to my butt from that darn stock seat.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have the balls to solve this :D

Hmmm, you must be a female. Can't believe anyone would have the "Balls" to post this either. You know, a lot of members eat while surfing this forum, kind of takes away the pleasantry of the meal. Especially if you're eating spaghetti and meat_ _ _ _ _.