removing 33bhp restriction kit

mattyb1500

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello you wonderful people. I am hoping this is the right area to post this, if not I sincerely apologise. My two year 33bhp restriction has finally ended (thank god) and it is time to remove the kit. I have a 2009 fz6 s2 and my local dealer wants £300 to remove it wjen it cost me 200 to get the dam thing. It cant be that hard can it? If anyone could share some light on this I would be grateful.
Best wishes
Mattyb1500

P.s. I have tried to look through the forum but couldn't seem to find anything on removing them.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Depends on what type of restrictor is on there, on my 2004 s1 it was a metal plate down by the throttle boddies stopping the throttle from twisting past 1/3 in my hand.

If this one the metal plate can be unbolted in approx 30 seconds

If it is the electronic one that allows full movement of throttle but restrics in the ecu im not sure, my friend had to get his done by the shop as he had the "electronic restictor" i had the mechanical one

mattyb1500

Reaction score
Visit site
I only have a tiny bit of use of the throttle so ik guessing mechanical. Is it literally just a case of following the cable and finding and undoing the plate?

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
bingo, left side of the bike, under the frame, there is a coil which is what your throttle cables lead to, there will be a plate held on with 2 fixings which once removed, give you full action of the throttle and a bike that can make you smile again

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello you wonderful people. I am hoping this is the right area to post this, if not I sincerely apologise. My two year 33bhp restriction has finally ended (thank god) and it is time to remove the kit. I have a 2009 fz6 s2 and my local dealer wants £300 to remove it wjen it cost me 200 to get the dam thing. It cant be that hard can it? If anyone could share some light on this I would be grateful.
Best wishes
Mattyb1500

P.s. I have tried to look through the forum but couldn't seem to find anything on removing them.
I would ask the thief sorry I meant dealer where he has pulled that price from?

Neil