puig touring windshield help?

wstcstguy

Reaction score
Visit site
hopefully someone can help me?
I just bought a puig windshield for my bike.
The top screws holes on each side at the top, don't lie flat (flush) to the rubber expansion insert? I've popped the top off two of the plastic screws trying to screw them in!!! the factory shield lies flat in this area. any suggestions?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What year is your bike? As there has been a major change on the windscreen design from the '06 to '07's.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
It's hard to tell from your avatar pic, but it looks like you have an '06, no? If so, do yourself a favor and forget about the crappy plastic stock screws. I've got the Racing windshield from Puig and I know what you're talking about when it comes to fitment in that area. It's not a perfect match and somewhere another member made a rubber grommit to fill up the space between the windshield and where the screws go.

As far as the screws go, order a set of metal windshield screws. Trust me, it'll be the best $5 you ever spent. Plus, you can tighten it down without worrying about snapping the heads off. The only warning I'll give you is to be careful when putting the one in at the front of the windshield, underneath. If you tighten it down too much it might snap that little tongue off.

GCguru

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to add that the plastic screws are there for a good reason, so you dont become the headless horseman if by chance you go over the bars. The stock screws will merely 'pop' off with minimal damage saving yourself some serious hospital bills....or worse...i know the odds are low, but then again im no gambler......:thumbup:

wstcstguy

Reaction score
Visit site
It's hard to tell from your avatar pic, but it looks like you have an '06, no? If so, do yourself a favor and forget about the crappy plastic stock screws. I've got the Racing windshield from Puig and I know what you're talking about when it comes to fitment in that area. It's not a perfect match and somewhere another member made a rubber grommit to fill up the space between the windshield and where the screws go.

As far as the screws go, order a set of metal windshield screws. Trust me, it'll be the best $5 you ever spent. Plus, you can tighten it down without worrying about snapping the heads off. The only warning I'll give you is to be careful when putting the one in at the front of the windshield, underneath. If you tighten it down too much it might snap that little tongue off.

Any member know more about this grommet???