Power commander v maps?

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i know what youre saying man,but compared to my custom map one we talking about is similar but 20-30 percent richer.and yes im looking for a wideband to buy.just to be safe and not burn my engine

i tuned my fz6 with a lc1 wideband and an old netbook.

the innovate lc2 now is a great one to go with or just get a few minutes on a dyno and tune it yourself between runs, it is super easy and will keep you from potentially causing engine damage from a bad tune.

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all

Just to check, if I have a PCV and an autotune, do I still need to dyno the bike. And of course, must I do an airbox mod and decat catalyser for better performance? Have an Scorpion carbon oval end cans and BMC air filter. Prolly switching to K&N as alot of ppl recommends. Hands kinda itchy but gona research on this properly.:Flash:

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know there are a lot of people who like Autotune but it can and does change the AFR too much too often.

PS - if your bike is an S2 remember there are CATs in the header and a wideband O2 into an autotune will likely produce some bogus readings...
See my Sig for the fix!!

What is your goal? What do you expect from the bike?

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
I know there are a lot of people who like Autotune but it can and does change the AFR too much too often.

PS - if your bike is an S2 remember there are CATs in the header and a wideband O2 into an autotune will likely produce some bogus readings...
See my Sig for the fix!!

What is your goal? What do you expect from the bike?

Thanks, yep I remember the wideband O2 sensor and the CATs as well. I was expecting to raise in HP, torque and smoothness in accel/ decel in all 6 gears. Was reading through C1/C2 adjustments for AFR control and "Cure for vibrations" on some of the thread and since I'm not the "By ear" type of person.

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
Wait, you means CATs in the header? Does that mean the midpipe and 4 by 2 then 2 by 1 connection, correct? Was thinking on the priority list that I should do before getting a PC5 or PC3.

1) Decatalyse midpipe
2) Airbox mod (prolly cut a bigger opening on the airbox and not block the AIS
3) PC5/ PC3
4) autotune

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Correct. Look here S2 has the CATs in the header and a single in the mid-pipe...
IMG_20150111_131156_485_zpsu6fd6uuv.jpg~original

But they were mean and added this bump to stop some from installing the S1 header to the S2 chassis... A file and some welding and all is well!
IMG_20150111_133015_356_zpsrankzp0e.jpg~original

While welding - made a mid pipe for cheap...
IMG_20150120_154129_948_zps10bac8de.jpg~original

So, my issue even tho the local speed shop said they'd throw on tune at the Bazzaz while on the Tread Mill (and they've done plenty of S2 chassis), they had no clue the S2 had CATs and no way to compensate for their basic efficiency. I'm saying the header CATs cannot catalysise with equal efficiency from 5000 to 13000 so in my book, they need to go before the bike hits the treadmill or an Autotune for that matter.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And yes, I added a bung to the S1 header for Wideband O2...
IMG_20150114_182431_348_zpsmez30j0y.jpg~original

PS - you need an S1 mid-pipe (it is shorter in length) and the S1 header bolts up to 2Bro Cans very nicely.... As for the oil sump; you can also swap to an S1 oil sump and then it all bolts up.
IMG_20150120_154000_711_zps8d5f3528.jpg~original

Last edited:

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info and advice. Yeah I was thinking of decat the exhaust system up to the midpipe before doing other mods as listed before. I would love to change to a S1 exhaust system but it ain't going to be that easy with the inspections here to pass it. Prolly had to knock/ weld/ drill out the existing header to decat. About the O2 sensor, if I plug it out, will there be any effects to the AFR or error codes popping out? Bazzaz & PC unit? Which is better?

I understand for the local mechs here they would rather hook up a Bazzaz unit to a Honda bike rather than a Yammie which does not offer much to it. But likewise I checked on the PC website and PC3 maps offer more for my Scorpion slip ons and aftermarket air filter rather than PC5. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
S2 doesnt care about O2 sensor going MIA or the AIS for that matter.

Honestly I doubt a tech would know it had an S1 header. Do they sniff test there?

Bazzaz stores two and with a toggle switch you can switch maps on the fly. So you can have a fuel exhausting map thats fun and one that's fuel conscious.

That said, you really just need one good map for your application and Im not seeing the value in picking a product based on "how many"maps are available as they all lack the simply ingredient of being specific to your needs and application so as not to harm the engine.

Using the Bazzaz logger i have very nice map but fuel range took a hit compared to stock. That said, "we" can still go further than most of the ppl i ride with! I will say it is time consuming and a lot of work so it IS NOT for everyone and their firmware has bugs just to complicate things.
It is nice having two maps to test drive and compare while riding... Just flip a switch.

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, from where I'm from they took a photo of the my slipons and midpipe. Perhaps for the header they may not. Talked to a friend about this and he states it depends on where the inspection centre it was taken.

Yepx that said I know this would take a hit on the fuel. Thus am prepped on this. What type of switch are you using for your bazzaz. There's 2 type what I saw. The plug and play type or plug to the unit?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk