New Power Commander V

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
maybe you can try opening a pc3 map you want and take all the data and plug it into the program for the pcV. The pcV has more rpm points i believe so everywhere in between you can blend the data.

even then it won't be a map made for your bike

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
If you payed all that money for a PC ... you should realy get a got dynotune.
That's really the whole point, so you can have a custom map for you bike with your needs.

MattyA

Reaction score
Visit site
Now that is funny!

Only 2 weeks to go!!!

Anyway bumping this thread because i have found that the fz6r map will load onto the fz6 pcv.

there is only one good map however it is a massive difference over the stock map.

But If you have a map for the PCV then post it up and list all the mods you have.

Thanks everyone!!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Only 2 weeks to go!!!

Anyway bumping this thread because i have found that the fz6r map will load onto the fz6 pcv.

there is only one good map however it is a massive difference over the stock map.

But If you have a map for the PCV then post it up and list all the mods you have.

Thanks everyone!!!

Why would you want an FZ6R map on an FZ6?, These two motors share the same origin, but internally they are way different.

MattyA

Reaction score
Visit site
Why would you want an FZ6R map on an FZ6?, These two motors share the same origin, but internally they are way different.

If you have a look at the map data it is fairly similar to the 'stock' map. Only the whole map is a bit richer.

im getting bored after 9 months of not riding so i spend alot of time in the shed with the bike having Epiphanies.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bringing up an oldie here..i find this a very perculiar move on dynojets behalf..they are obviously expecting to reach projected targets from new bike owners..but think of all the great sport bikes from the last 10 years that could benefit.

I guess dyno tuners will be earning their crust if retro fitting and custom tuning is the only way to go.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bringing up an oldie here..i find this a very perculiar move on dynojets behalf..they are obviously expecting to reach projected targets from new bike owners..but think of all the great sport bikes from the last 10 years that could benefit.

I guess dyno tuners will be earning their crust if retro fitting and custom tuning is the only way to go.

I was looking at a new bike and the sales rep said if I got the PC-V it can auto tune itself but you have to buy the extra O2 sensor they use for input info. The cost of the sensor is like 300 bucks!. I mean why wouldn't you go to your local tuner?

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Can anyone confirm that the under tank plugs are the same from 2004-2009?

As much as I have hated on Power Commanders I am considering one just because I am a computer geek and like to play with crap.... it is a toy.

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
I had been wondering this myself. From looking at the install sheets the plugs are the same...a white 4-pin and an opaque 6-pin. The install for the PC-V additionally uses speed and also temp, these are hooked up via "vampire taps" though and not from haness plugs. The PCV install says to unhook the factory O2 sensor, but I do not see that the PCV then hooks up in its place. They say the factory O2 is not used.

I am assuming you could keep the O2 sensor hooked up (on a 2007+) and then tune the PCV like a PCIII (ie tuen the openloop regions only). I see no reason you couldn't also skip the temp and speed connections as well if you did not want to alter maps in that fashion. I am actually looking into this approach for my bike to get started, seems like a better "platform" to build off of.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I have a pcV on order. Gonna be the ginuea pig to install it on my 2006 Fz6 and see how it works. As soon after that as I can get the free time at work, it'll be on the dyno.

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pcV on order. Gonna be the ginuea pig to install it on my 2006 Fz6 and see how it works. As soon after that as I can get the free time at work, it'll be on the dyno.

you are the man!!