Power commander v maps?

ivor1980

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi gents.I have fz6n 2004 ,decat,scorpion exhaust.k and n,and pcv obviously.Custom map was done by pdq tuning company(England). Although Im happy with performance Its really smooth,but idle is loping up and down especially without baffles In.
Anybody can share a map or two with me?I couldn't find any maps on the internet... :(. I blocked ais off,synched throttle bodies,played with CO settings and fueling at idle speeds in PCV to no avail...)
Also anybody have installed map switch for their PCV? Or knows how to load 2 maps in PCV?thanks

noel aka medic

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 08 with scorpion pipes put up like 3 threads asking the same thing no help at all right now im just using the one map we have for our pipes there is a couple for euro bike but just one for the us if you do get your hands on a good custom map please share and I would do the same

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Either of you have their software loaded on a PC?

Does it have options to modify it? This could be risky but right around idle you could move it a few %. W/out CATs you'll be able to smell the difference as it gets richer/leaner. With a vacuum gauge you can see the effects of more/less fuel at idle. In short, if you see the idle speed change, you have made an adjustment you will feel.

Save a base image to revert back too.

** Too Lean at idle **
- RPM will drop
- engine vacuum will decrease
- hard starts
- more exhaust heat
- stalling
- pinging, detonation during take off
- hesitation, poor acceleration
- engine damage

** Too Rich at idle **
- RPM will increase
- engine vacuum will increase
- engine starts, but loads up, exhaust smoke may be black and blue
- less exhaust heat
- improved acceleration
- WAY too rich blubbering, have to rev it to clean it out
- engine damage from rinsing oil from cylinders

Goal - somewhere in the middle of those two so it behaves proper. Get a vacuum gauge. Its easy to connect.

CHANGES BEYOND IDLE RPM RANGE:
You need to monitor this closely or you could damage the engine.
Its not A DIY thing without a wide bind o2 sensor.
Be careful!!!

I'm in the same boat with crappy software from Bazzaz! It's unkind and unfriendly. I've dealt with far better software and this is disappointing to say the least. I'm pretty sure more expensive controllers get better software. The FZ option is very limited as are finding useful maps.

ivor1980

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for useful info.i have tried playing with fueling at idle without much sucsess in power commander software and in dash co calibration.my co settings were quite oppositeto most other peoples.... Co1 was 0 and co2 set at -10. Most people in other thread reported higher setting on co2.
As for a wideband sensor.can mixture in my case(no cat and straight through exhaust) be measured at tail pipe?

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi gents.I have fz6n 2004 ,decat,scorpion exhaust.k and n,and pcv obviously.Custom map was done by pdq tuning company(England). Although Im happy with performance Its really smooth,but idle is loping up and down especially without baffles In.

Anybody can share a map or two with me?I couldn't find any maps on the internet... :(. I blocked ais off,synched throttle bodies,played with CO settings and fueling at idle speeds in PCV to no avail...)

Also anybody have installed map switch for their PCV? Or knows how to load 2 maps in PCV?thanks

I've got an 09, scorpions, K&N, PCV and the Autotune.

Haven't had a dyno, but loaded a near map and have tried playing with the tuning. Not happy yet, but would be happy to share so PM.

I also installed a switch from radio shack to turn off the Autotune, but can load dual maps as well. Software wise it isn't a bad setup.

Scorp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for useful info.i have tried playing with fueling at idle without much sucsess in power commander software and in dash co calibration.my co settings were quite oppositeto most other peoples.... Co1 was 0 and co2 set at -10. Most people in other thread reported higher setting on co2.
As for a wideband sensor.can mixture in my case(no cat and straight through exhaust) be measured at tail pipe?

I'm not sure I'm following you on this. Are asking if you can sticka WB sensor in the exhaust stream exiting the bike? If that is the question, no. All the turbulence and increased volume will muck up the reading. Just screw it in where the OEM one was or weld a bung in.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I did some snooping on Sportbikes.net - found this map that got great reviews, I'm going to try it out when the spring rains stop in Cleveland, so I'll let you know how it works for me in about a month. :(

Everyone seemed to like it, smoothed out the power band, added power down low and guzzled gas like crazy. Everyone claimed it was loads better than the Scorps map.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I did some snooping on Sportbikes.net - found this map that got great reviews, I'm going to try it out when the spring rains stop in Cleveland, so I'll let you know how it works for me in about a month. :(

Everyone seemed to like it, smoothed out the power band, added power down low and guzzled gas like crazy. Everyone claimed it was loads better than the Scorps map.

If I'm not mistaken the guys over here did that map!

Keep us posted!

Looking for a Bazzaz map ^^ same as above, 2B, no Cat, but w/ignition advance

ivor1980

Reaction score
Visit site

loaded into my bike.this map is gas gusler for sure.:thumbup:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
loaded into my bike.this map is gas gusler for sure.:thumbup:

In the states I suspect you could role through a DEQ test center and have them sniff the tail for O2 & NOx output. Over there, it sounds like they might lock your bike up! It would be interesting to see what the hydrocarbon levels are. :smoking:

Q? What is the elevation from see level in those parts?

ivor1980

Reaction score
Visit site
In the states I suspect you could role through a DEQ test center and have them sniff the tail for O2 & NOx output. Over there, it sounds like they might lock your bike up! It would be interesting to see what the hydrocarbon levels are. :smoking:

Elevation!what elevation?sea level mostly. Blah

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Blimey this map's a good one!!!wheeliyng like hell!!!! Blah

Yeah - this map is AWESOME.

I had a pretty good one with one of the shipped powercommander ones, but man - this works great for a de-catted, basically open exhaust system. Screams like a rap3d ape!

Evens out the power, I'm not lugging around 5-8k anymore, and when I get on it around 7-8k it pulls hard.

Now to sync my throttle bodies and manually advance the timing.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm about 600' above msl.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I had a pretty good one with one of the shipped powercommander ones, but man - this works great for a de-catted, basically open exhaust system. Screams like a rap3d ape!

Evens out the power, I'm not lugging around 5-8k anymore, and when I get on it around 7-8k it pulls hard.

A word of caution: Grab a SPARE Rotor & more important --> baby steps and expect to run Premium... Don't exceed 10° advance. And either Peen the material into the open space or weld in a nub in there so it doesn't move. PS - use an impact to take it off or you'll rotate the engine backwards a good bit. I found this very unpleasant.

If you have an induction timing light you can check before and after so you know. Just scribe some fine lines onto the rotor. Math and measuring skills are critical to make a proper degree wheel.

With your timing light on # 1, pop the center cover plug and the Torx bit plug. Check the timing and see where it is at idle (1300) and 5k.
52723d1397170736-do-i-need-yamabond-engine-cover-engine-timingcover1-jpg

If I can find my final amount moved I'll post it in the trigger thread. :D

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site

So after a week of abuse I still averaged 39mpg on this map. And it was funnnnn. I caught up to a zx14 on the highway and, more surprisingly, had a respectable 80mph roll on against him. Obviously I was no match, but it was much closer than I expected. He was probably just in 6th (to my 3rd) though :-(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is a very very bad idea to just punch in random numbers that someone gave you on the net. Every bike is different, different altitudes, etc. you need a wideband and datalogger or go jump on a dyno to get a real tune. You can not feel a couple of hp more or less and you can not feel a lean or rich condition.

For example, the settings recommended by two bros for a slipon had my bike at 17:1 a/f ratio, if i did not have a wideband to tune it on the spot that could have meant very bad news.

it is a piece of cake to tune a bike if you have a wideband.

ivor1980

Reaction score
Visit site
It is a very very bad idea to just punch in random numbers that someone gave you on the net. Every bike is different, different altitudes, etc. you need a wideband and datalogger or go jump on a dyno to get a real tune. You can not feel a couple of hp more or less and you can not feel a lean or rich condition.

For example, the settings recommended by two bros for a slipon had my bike at 17:1 a/f ratio, if i did not have a wideband to tune it on the spot that could have meant very bad news.

it is a piece of cake to tune a bike if you have a wideband.
i know what youre saying man,but compared to my custom map one we talking about is similar but 20-30 percent richer.and yes im looking for a wideband to buy.just to be safe and not burn my engine