Photography Thread !!!

D

Dave.TX

Went to the Texas State Capital last week and got some night shots. This one turned out to be my favorite though I don't like how the subject is so far to the left of the photo. Oh well. I can go back some other time and try it again. Haven't done any night shots since about 15 years ago, this was fun!

Camera is a Sony A550 using a Sony 18-135mm 3.5-5.6 lens and a tripod. 10 second exposure. It was windy, hence the blur in the trees. All ambient light, no flash. 11:05pm.

DSC00120_zps96dd6222.jpg

D

Dave.TX

BTW I just ordered Adobe Lightroom 4 from Newegg for $88.99 with free shipping. Adobe is going to download or cloud only versions of their products with "subscriptions" to use them. Figured I'd jump on the last of the actual box-with-disk software before they're all gone.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a little ride in the dirt today....Pikes Peak is always picture worthy and this tree reminded me of the trees in Wizard of Oz....neat and creepy, huh?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a little ride in the dirt today....Pikes Peak is always picture worthy and this tree reminded me of the trees in Wizard of Oz....neat and creepy, huh?

Cool pictures!

Click your heels three times Brenda!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually did my BFT & first solo on this aircraft when I was 17 :D

Is that a Piper Traumahawk...I mean Tomahawk? :D That's what we called it at McKenzie Aviation. My first job ever was at our local small airport. Lots of folks doing their touch-n-goes would stop in to see "the kid" who covered the Unicom. Ahhhh, good times... :thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
From Mt Hood to Mt Jefferson, roughly 50 miles as the crow flies.. .. ..
FromHOOD2JEFFERSON_zps69164712.jpg

Another:
At left is the South side of Mt Hood, looking north. Timberline lodge is out of sight to the left.
SouthSideHoodPano_zpsda973256.jpg

_DSC7243_zpsbba10973.jpg

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that a Piper Traumahawk...I mean Tomahawk? :D That's what we called it at McKenzie Aviation. My first job ever was at our local small airport. Lots of folks doing their touch-n-goes would stop in to see "the kid" who covered the Unicom. Ahhhh, good times... :thumbup:

Traumahawk or Tremorhawk ;) they are both given to the little bug slapper but either way I love the little things , they are so much fun to fly & would love to own one :thumbup:

D

Dave.TX

DSC00006_zps5444475d.jpg

The Chestnut Street Bridge going over the Colorado River in Bastrop, TX. Took the pic from my seat out on the deck at Bastrop Brewhouse where Melody and I ate lunch.

DSC00005_zps23796672.jpg

FYI, the "Colorado River" that flows through Texas does not originate in the State of Colorado but in Texas. It flows near Colorado City, TX, and does flow through Colorado County, TX (the City and County are not near each other). The real Colorado River that does originate in the State of Colorado flows on the western side of the Rocky Mountains and goes nowhere near the State of Texas.

D

Dave.TX

Another view of Chestnut Street bridge in Bastrop, TX. I recently got Adobe Lightroom 4 so was able to straighten the pic (because it was freehand and I apparently can't see straight).

DSC00008_zpsbed48185.jpg