Not starting - FZ6N 2004 year

razorland

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey
Was planning to put my bike to sleep during winter (temp at night 37.4 degrees fahrenheit / +2 celsius), but it is not starting.
Will try again tomorrow with fully charged battery (took 2h to fully charge the battery, charging voltage was 12.8 when started charging)

Maybe someone can help to troubleshoot what could be wrong. Bike started 6 days before this happened.

2 videos
1st one is after 3-4 tries, and 2nd video 7-8 tries later

You can also see in the 1st video that coolant temp bar is flashing.
Another thing is that key light flashes red every 5 seconds or so.

Found some error codes

Thanks!

Last edited:

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
D01:16 - Stuck Throttle Position Sensor
D05:51 - IAT
D08:06 - Lean Angle Cut-Off
D06:05 - Coolant Temp

Well that is an impressive list of fault codes you have there. I find it strange that you would get that many fault codes all at once - and that's why I think this is as simple as a corroded connector at the ECU. Get yourself a can of electrical contact cleaner, disconnect the negative lead to the battery, disconnect the connectors at the ECU, spray them down (both the harness side and ECU side) and after they dry, reconnect them.You might consider using dielectric grease one the outer perimeter of the inner connector to keep moisture from getting back in. This should clear the issue.

razorland

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Gary in NJ,

Thank you for your answer. I will try this out hopefully today :)
I tipped my bike 4-5 months ago, and I think this is not the cause of error D08:06 - Lean Angle Cut-Off.
When I now think back, I also saw fault code Er-1 (No signals are received from the ECU). More and more proof that is is ECU related problem.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Gary in NJ,

Thank you for your answer. I will try this out hopefully today :)
I tipped my bike 4-5 months ago, and I think this is not the cause of error D08:06 - Lean Angle Cut-Off.
When I now think back, I also saw fault code Er-1 (No signals are received from the ECU). More and more proof that is is ECU related problem.
Check all frame ground wires. It could be an issue with power to the ECU and that could be because there is a missing ground path which all sensors also depend on through the ECU.