Old Ninja 250 owners

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
While both are great bikes, the Fazer is serious power. I love the binders too. It is fun to blast off on and scream, but the lil' Ninja is a hoot to ride too. My son's will do 97 mph (indicated) with me on it! The Ninja is a little cramped but gets about 20 more mpg. After riding the Fazer the Ninja seems to have no brakes! Gotta love 'em both! The little 250 is one of the smoothest shifting bikes I have ever seen! Both look great! JMO

Last edited:

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I still remember the first ride I went out on an FZ6. Was a simple test ride. I owned an 03 Ninja 250 at the time. The power was amazing, and I got a major woody/adrenaline rush when I got on it hard getting on the interstate. Before I knew it I was doing over 100mph. Was sold on the FZ6 that day.

So, in short, be ready for some butterflies in the stomach, rush of blood to the crotch, and an accelerated heartbeat :)

Be careful on the throttle/clutch, remember the bike weighs a bit more, and has a longer wheelbase, so will turn in slower, but feel more stable.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Who am I kidding??? I'll have to sale the lil Ninja when I get my FZ6... There's no way I'll want to ride anything but the FZ6 when I get one... So I'll stop kidding my self, and hold of on any upgrades to the lil Ninja...

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, it might sound like a good idea now, but I know I'd do the same thing... I'll keep prating on the lil Ninja for a few mile more... By the time I get my cash together, I'll be ready for my bream bike later this summer...

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it might be time. My Ninja is up for sale. I'll soon be looking for a 07- 09 FZ6 in December.

The lil Ninja has serve me VERY WELL. I will miss her when she is gone. I got 1 year and 8k under my belt, and I learned how to ride a motorcycle safely.

65mpg and a grin on my face when I ride at 12krpm will be greatly missed.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it might be time. My Ninja is up for sale. I'll soon be looking for a 07- 09 FZ6 in December.

The lil Ninja has serve me VERY WELL. I will miss her when she is gone. I got 1 year and 8k under my belt, and I learned how to ride a motorcycle safely.

65mpg and a grin on my face when I ride at 12krpm will be greatly missed.

NICE! Don't worry.. the grin will be replaced with a larger grin almost immediately (as I mentioned few months ago). If I remember correctly, ex250 at 12k rpm is about the same as FZ6 at 5k rpm.. and the *real* power does come on till about 8k.. and redline is 14k :D :D :D

Sure you won't get 65mpg, but the trade-off is worth it :thumbup:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm holding my 250 for a US soldier on his way home next month from Iraq. So I'll be looking for a 07-09 FZ6 for $4k or less. I'll take my time to find the right bike for me.
I can't wait to be one of you guys, but the lil Ninja will be missed.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm holding my 250 for a US soldier on his way home next month from Iraq. So I'll be looking for a 07-09 FZ6 for $4k or less. I'll take my time to find the right bike for me.
I can't wait to be one of you guys, but the lil Ninja will be missed.

Excellent. Your price range is very reasonable. Should be able to find a good one for 4k or a bit less.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
A real pain in the tuckus if you are a insufficiently sized person.

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

Most of us 5'8" folk tip toe or one foot the bike at stops. :) It is only an issue for the first week or three. Then it becomes second nature.

The biggest difference you will notice is the power. The Ninja is @ 25hp Stock, the FZ @ 95HP. Almost 4 times the power. You can exceed the top speed of the Ninja in second gear. On a stock bike there seems to be a power jump @ 4500 RPM or so. The bike really comes alive over 5000K. The cool bit is that you can ride around all day between 2000 and 4000 RPM and really enjoy the bike. So as you get used to the weight and balance of the bike, you can keep it safely sedate. Then as your confidence grows you have gobs of power available between 5000 and 12000 RPM.

Are you sure you are talking about an FZ6? Mine won't go anywhere below 4,000 rpms, you are bogging the engine. The FZ6 loves to cruise around 5,000 rpms that is the sweet spot where you get the best MPG without lugging the engine.

I too came from a ninja 250 (2003 model with carbs). The FZ6 is like a jet fighter compared to the ninja which was like a single engine Cessna.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I too came from a ninja 250 (2003 model with carbs). The FZ6 is like a jet fighter compared to the ninja which was like a single engine Cessna.

After a full year and 9k miles on the lil Ninja, I can't wait to fill the power of a proper street bike. The lil Ninja was a God send to get me ready for motorcycles. I'm so happy I took the time to really learn how to ride a motorcycle on a 250.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
It's better than I thought it would be. The power, comfort, and solid fill are the things that stand out.

ewink5

BigMonster
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a Yamaha 250 before FZ6. Power of FZ6 more appreciated. Tempted to get F1, but getting close to retirement (now 60 yrs. old). I like to go fast!

KTrider

Reaction score
Visit site
This spring I bought a 2004 Ninja 250 as my first motorcycle after riding my dad's Suzuki DR650 for a year. I loved my 250 but after five thousand miles I knew I wanted more power. I stumbled upon a 2008 FZ6 at the local dealership about a month ago for $4000 with only 1,600 miles and not a scratch! The next day I went in and asked what the catch was but there was nothing. Needless to say the next two days were full of researching and worry that my baby wouldn't be there the next day. So I finally went in and took the FZ6 for a text drive. I very legally made my way out of town only to crack the throttle on the first safe road I knew of. Four seconds later I felt like a fool for he massive smile I couldn't hold back and I was instantly in love. Needless to say that beautiful blue monster was parked in my garage the next day(well next evening, after a day of riding).

But anyway the FZ6 is a great next bike. Plenty of power that can be used responsibly. It rides like a cloud compared to a 250 with it's skinny tires. Sure I thought I would miss riding my 250 and I do but whenever I look at it I just glance to the right and see my FZ6 sitting there and smile.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
This spring I bought a 2004 Ninja 250 as my first motorcycle after riding my dad's Suzuki DR650 for a year. I loved my 250 but after five thousand miles I knew I wanted more power. I stumbled upon a 2008 FZ6 at the local dealership about a month ago for $4000 with only 1,600 miles and not a scratch! The next day I went in and asked what the catch was but there was nothing. Needless to say the next two days were full of researching and worry that my baby wouldn't be there the next day. So I finally went in and took the FZ6 for a text drive. I very legally made my way out of town only to crack the throttle on the first safe road I knew of. Four seconds later I felt like a fool for he massive smile I couldn't hold back and I was instantly in love. Needless to say that beautiful blue monster was parked in my garage the next day(well next evening, after a day of riding).

But anyway the FZ6 is a great next bike. Plenty of power that can be used responsibly. It rides like a cloud compared to a 250 with it's skinny tires. Sure I thought I would miss riding my 250 and I do but whenever I look at it I just glance to the right and see my FZ6 sitting there and smile.

$4k for a new bike????? What a deal. You had to buy it at that price. My lil ninja is now up for sale.