Givi brackets

Oldshadow

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2007 FZ6. A friend has plx351 side case brackets for the v35 cases as well as 351 Fz top bracket that I can have. The top bracket is same for all years but just curious if anyone has any info on getting this to fit on an 07. It’s listed for 04-06. I contacted givi and they say it won’t fit my bike so just wondering why? Is it a clearance issue or mounting bolt location? I don’t have it yet to line it up but wanted to know if anyone has done this. Thanks

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
The top rack mount are the same for the S1 (04-06) and the S2 (07-09).

The side racks are different for the two generations. Reason being, the side racks mount using the passenger footpeg bolts. The passenger footpeg mounts changed between the two generations - they are a little lower on the newer models for improved passenger comfort. Compare photos of the two and it’s easy to see the difference.

If you’re willing to do a little fabrication, it shouldn’t be too difficult - might have to just bend and lengthen the lower mount points. That’s the only thing. Make sure your friend has the brackets that go around the mufflers too, it’s easy to forget those when unbolting the side racks. Otherwise you’ll need to buy Givi part number 351KIT.

Also (shameless plug), I have a SW-motech top rack for a 07-09 model for sale in the classifieds forum.

Oldshadow

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I assumed it was just the mounting point on the rear pegs. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. I’ll weld an extension on or whatever it needs. My friend bought both the kits off Kijiji. Still brand new in box so should be complete.