NYC hooligan thing going viral...

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yepp, this brings me back to psychology where we studied 'Diffusion of Resposibility"

DoR is where people in large groups lose the sense of personal responisibility. Thus resulting people acting like they woulnt normally. Same effect happens during protests and is the reason those types of thing escallate into violent acts. A person get a sense that law no longer applies in the masses.

Its really no surprise this happened.

Jacknife91

Rubber Otaku
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm In Springfield, Missouri, and I can already tell people drive differently around me. They are VERY defensive and try to get no where close to me. Not saying that them backing off is a bad thing, but the reason for it is stupid.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
One good thing about this ride was that my friends stolen CBR was recovered just before this incident happened. Apparently the guy caught riding it didn't even bother changing out the plate. Definitely shows the mentality and standings of the group involved.

Glad for your friend and I LOL'd at the stupidity.

Jacknife91

Rubber Otaku
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting if this really is the same group.

LiveLeak.com - Same group of bikers attacking another driver in 2011

I think groups of that scale just get out of hand quick when anger is involved.

One of the commenters on there said this, and it's awesome. "Not that they'd be in Texas but......FAIR WARNING- Since traffic laws seem to not apply to these guys and I'm making a legal turn that they do not appreciate. I wouldn't be banging your monkey paws on any midyear 427 vettes. I WILL unload a magazine of .45 on the sub-human, spineless, limp dicked cyclist who needs a large group to get bold and touch my sh*t. I always carry 2 spare mags in event your buddies choose to depart existence with you."

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
One of the commenters on there said this, and it's awesome. "Not that they'd be in Texas but......FAIR WARNING- Since traffic laws seem to not apply to these guys and I'm making a legal turn that they do not appreciate. I wouldn't be banging your monkey paws on any midyear 427 vettes. I WILL unload a magazine of .45 on the sub-human, spineless, limp dicked cyclist who needs a large group to get bold and touch my sh*t. I always carry 2 spare mags in event your buddies choose to depart existence with you."

It is with that same reasons nobody will pull that sh!t in AZ because I've had both patched MC riders and Mexican mafia guys tell me they don't mess with random people because AZ is a pro gun state and they know it. And these guys are the real deal not some bunch of stunter pussies.

Jacknife91

Rubber Otaku
Reaction score
Visit site
It is with that same reasons nobody will pull that sh!t in AZ because I've had both patched MC riders and Mexican mafia guys tell me they don't mess with random people because AZ is a pro gun state and they know it. And these guys are the real deal not some bunch of stunter pussies.

I don't have my carry permit, but I am seriously considering it. I'd have no problem plowing through, or shooting (maybe or maybe not in self defense) any of those idiots with my truck. Missouri is pretty pro-gun as well so it'd be a mistake to mess with random people.

Now Ride of The Century takes place in St. Louis and they are known for stunting and many traffic violations, but they never get violent. Law enforcement maintains a strong presence during ROTC. Sounds to me like the Brass in NYC have their heads up their butts.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have my carry permit, but I am seriously considering it. I'd have no problem plowing through, or shooting (maybe or maybe not in self defense) any of those idiots with my truck. Missouri is pretty pro-gun as well so it'd be a mistake to mess with random people.

Now Ride of The Century takes place in St. Louis and they are known for stunting and many traffic violations, but they never get violent. Law enforcement maintains a strong presence during ROTC. Sounds to me like the Brass in NYC have their heads up their butts.

AZ is an open carry state, and they actually repealed the concealed carry requirement as well. You used to need a CCP after taking a 12 hour course. I would do it. One time I was out in the boonies and this pick up was riding up my ass, I shifted my weight enough to turn so my hand gun on my hip stuck out a little more. He calmed the F down after that. It worked out in that situation, but in reality the guy could have easily still ran me down.

You have to consider who is going to the ROTC vs the Hollywood Stunts in NYC. I used to live in upstate NY and spent time all over the tri-state area and I would say hands down that the level of aggressiveness and general asshat nature of wanna be tough guys was the most I had ever been around in any state. Inner cities breed competition for space and respect that you need to be willing to defend.

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Total f@#$%g morons. Hard to believe anyone (Neal) is defending these idiots.

The only hard thing for me to believe is the lack of rationality.

A completely different video.

Completely different riders.

Completely different situation.

I have made no statements.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The only hard thing for me to believe is the lack of rationality.

A completely different video.

Completely different riders.

Completely different situation.

I have made no statements.
+1, it was unnecessary to bring Neal into this one since there are two different groups being discussed here. Whether or not you agreed with him in the other thread is one thing, as I didn't either but no reason to bring it up as if it's full relevant here...

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
So everybody gets that this Hollywood Stuntz crew is the group that organized the ride this year that resulted in the accident and controversy. The video that was put in this thread was from last year. The thread started on topic of this years ride. It would be easy to assume the same group of riders, Hollywood Stuntz, was participating in both years.

And lol at all the bikes that crashed in the video. Each one was moronic rider error. How about does anyone believe they stopped to leave their license and insurance information on any property damage they may have caused?

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So everybody gets that this Hollywood Stuntz crew is the group that organized the ride this year that resulted in the accident and controversy. The video that was put in this thread was from last year. The thread started on topic of this years ride. It would be easy to assume the same group of riders, Hollywood Stuntz, was participating in both years.

And lol at all the bikes that crashed in the video. Each one was moronic rider error. How about does anyone believe they stopped to leave their license and insurance information on any property damage they may have caused?
No I didn't make that connection, you're sure it's the same group?? (Sure wouldn't hard to put the two together)

I greatly enjoyed the yellow quad guy eat it while riding down the sidewalk, went back 3 times to see it!

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Neal is obviously trolling

Neal is just trying to put his point of view across. Sadly it all started to get silly so the administration team decided to close it until some concrete information is available.
Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Last edited: