New Stuff on it's way - Part 2.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea right youve tried that before and somehow missed the turn off at collingrove.

Aaargh, you see, that was my problem. i was supposed to be at the back, but Gary took off, and i just had to chase him..we did'nt even see a turn off! :eek:

Oh and the only other time was on Cudlee Creek road, and all it got me was harrasement from the boys in blue. Last one to pull up, only one to get chewed out by the fat cop! :confused:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Argh but you didnt stay at the back all the way along the c/c road you went past me like a bat out of hell before we got pulled up.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just realised that i have hijacked my own thread! If anyone is interested, about 3 pages back are photo's of my new brakes, etc! Lol! :spank:

make that page 14 to be exact!

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Wolfman the new toys look great. I really like the rearsets, very clean looking. You need to put so kilos on this weekend and tell us what you think of of the changes.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Wolfman the new toys look great. I really like the rearsets, very clean looking. You need to put so kilos on this weekend and tell us what you think of of the changes.

Absolutely, left the bike at the shop today, as Aaron stiffened up the front even more when he replaced the forks, and it made the softness of the rear even more apparent, so he is going to stiffen that some more as well, plus static sag was at 39mm, i would think that alone needs to be set at about 25mm for my needs.

Cant wait to test the brakes, feel the difference in the levers, and most importantly see how the suspension feels now....have been contending with a bit of wallow at the rear, as well as it pushing the front....am hoping we have improved things in this area quite markedly with the adjustments.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bump * Bump * Bump * k just got my bike back from the shop with all my new bits.....Man i love it when my mods turn out so freaking well!!!!!

Ok, shorty Pazzo Levers are a revelation.....as bigger improvement to ergonomics as the rear sets i put on recently. So much more feel at the lever, and adjustable to my liking.....:Flash:

New brakes, 05 r6 brake calipers with Ferodo sintered race pads....awesome, bike now stops on a dime, and i actually have a progressive feel to my braking, they also look horn, with those funky little "R6 Blue Discs"....nice stoppies too....:sinister:

Rear Braking Wave disc, and matching Ferodo pads....look a thousand times better, definitely more feel at the lever, combined with Valtermoto rearsets.

Stiffened suspension, both front & rear....sooooooooooo much better, bike tips in even better than before, rear still needs to be a little stiffer, but that will take a bit more work, and rear of the bike could be a little higher, so am going to put a 190 Michelin Pilot Power 2ct on there next week, as it will effectively raise the rear of the bike, without having to modify shock...which could be the next step.........:Sport:

Oh and i now have a rear brake light sensor attached to my Valtermoto rearsets, as they are race only rearsets, they dd not come with one....solution, put a hydraulic one in place, as shown in photo's in post on page 14 of this thread.

Cant wait to get out there this weekend, and get some serious K's under my belt, and really get to grips with this stuff.

Gonna take a truck load of photo's of the bike as it is now on the weekend, and then i will post them, off course!!!

Once again, Aaron at Yamaha World has outdone himself...top job Buddy! big up's. You have transformed my bike, especialy in the suspension department.

Big up's to Wavex, your bike's was my inspiration for this project.....no intention of copying, just helped me realise what i could make my bike, and Hellgate, thank you especially with helping me source stuff early in the piece, in Australia we call blokes like you "Decent"!

:rockon:

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a bit of a look today at the shop and didn't see much as Aaron was testing but definitely look wikkid. Was inside talking to Simon at one point and cracked up laughing when Aaron started your bike up out the front. Holy cow that thing is loud:rockon:.

I'm always pretty easy to talk into going for a spin:thumbup:.
Cheers
Mike

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool Wolfman! I can hardly wait to hear your report.

It always nice when a mod is actually better than you thought it would be.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool Wolfman! I can hardly wait to hear your report.

It always nice when a mod is actually better than you thought it would be.

Well i have just got home from playing music to the masses, and all i want is for the morning to come, so i can get out there and ride, ride, ride. My sick son goers back to his mum in the morning, so i nam all clear to give my latest mods a full workover...report will come straight after, along with photo's.....

Cant Wait...:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike is looking sweet! Did you sort out the issue with the brake-light switch and the rearsets btw?

Yes i did, we put a hydraulic brake light switch on from a Yamaha Off Road bike, only just fitted. Can see it in one of te photo's i posted.

Oh and by the way, they are Type 3 Valtermoto rearsets....i forgot you sent me a PM about that...got busy that day and forgot to answer....Sorry. :eek:

Valtermoto have just updated their whole product range, mnaybe why you could work out which ones they were, as they may not be listed in current catologue.

:thumbup:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool Wolf! The bike looks sick and I am kinda jealous :)

One bit of advice: talk to your insurance to make sure they cover mods :D :thumbup:

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes i did, we put a hydraulic brake light switch on from a Yamaha Off Road bike, only just fitted. Can see it in one of te photo's i posted.

Oh and by the way, they are Type 3 Valtermoto rearsets....i forgot you sent me a PM about that...got busy that day and forgot to answer....Sorry. :eek:

Valtermoto have just updated their whole product range, mnaybe why you could work out which ones they were, as they may not be listed in current catologue.

No worries, thanks man:)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought a Zena disc lock with alarm, and ordered a Scorpio 900 series alarm with remote......sorta got to the point where i now have extreme paranoia about someone stealing my "baby".

Here's the link to both products website's.

XENA Intelligent Security

Scorpio Alarms Home

Both products reduce the cost of Insurance premium as well.