New England Meet in VT - Aug 15th, 2009!!!

I think I'll just start posting more and more routes everyday until we nail one down - only two weeks to go and we haven't decided.

Here's another 300 miler that gets the famed "Tracy Rd" and a very twisty section of Rt17. Attached a .zip this time since it was small enough - should be easier to get at.

generating a decent picture of a route was harder than I though it would be...

rte 17 is pretty great. rode it once a couple years back and it was pretty fun.

Rt 17 is by far the best road that i have been on (have not been to the real Gap) but it would definately be worth including if we are in the area....

Note: PLEASE, if we do end up on RT 17 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful and ride within your limits!!!

Note: PLEASE, if we do end up on RT 17 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful and ride within your limits!!!

Yes.....there is a thread on our local forum regarding a certain sludge of sorts that ends up int he corners on rte 17....no one knows what it is, but it makes everything very slimy and slippery. First run, nice and slow, second pick it up a bit....

I'm giving him this weekend to come up with his route and if nothing, we'll post a final route by Monday evening. We're looking for around 200 to 230 miles I think. Based on traffic, speed limits, LEOs, slow cagers, gas stops and a lunch, 200 to 230 miles will be about an 8 to 9 hour day out and about. Does this sound reasonable to everyone?

Scott, thanks for the routes! Very helpful!

We could always do one of Tracy Rd or Rt 17 which would cut it down to a ~260 mi loop - not quite as low as some of the discussion but less than 300. Here's a couple of ideas on how those might look. The Rt17 loop could get a little shorter still but wouldn't get much below 250 miles.

I'll let you guys decide since I'm not familiar with the area, I'm up for anything. Looks like some of those roads are really fun! I can't wait!
My contribution will be crossing my fingers for the next 2 weeks hoping the weather will hold up.. so sick of this fn rain!

We could always do one of Tracy Rd or Rt 17 which would cut it down to a ~260 mi loop - not quite as low as some of the discussion but less than 300. Here's a couple of ideas on how those might look. The Rt17 loop could get a little shorter still but wouldn't get much below 250 miles.

Well, the boss still hasn't come through so I'm banking on a nice bcityroller route! Do we vote or do we let the guy who is doing all the mapping pick one and we go with it? :D Thanks Scott!

I vote that we include Rt 17.... Probably Tracy Rd as well, but i have not been on Tracy Rd and do not know first hand how fun it is, but RT 17 is a blast!!!

Checking with my work schedule if I can squeeze a Friday off call from the hospital :(, Saturday I'm in the clear to come to this meet :D. LOL. I see room #3 is still available, waiting for a buddy of mine to see if he'll come along.

Man! You folks have fun! Brings back memories. My mom and dad used to take us camping at Lake Bomoseen. Pretty country up there!

Cliff

Well I decided I can come up with the funds for this trip. It just looks like too damn much fun to miss! Since the single price is low, I went ahead and booked my own room, #14. However, note the following from the website:

"Please be aware from 01 Aug 2009 all our room numbers will change. Same rooms - New numbers."

I sent in my reservation request on July 31 and just received the room 14 confirmation but not sure which room I'm getting, the old #14 or the new #14. As long as it has a bathroom I'm it doesn't matter to me.

John

Excellent people! Glad a few more are able to make it!

I am relying on those who have made VT rides to help with this run. I'm OK if one of you wants to lead as well and I'll sit in the pack and enjoy the ride! Any takers? ;)

Cannot wait for this and hope that Mother Nature has a great day in store for us. :iconbeer: to sun and fun!

My vote also goes to Rte 17....T Road if there is room in the route for it.

I'll even sit in the corners and pretend like I'm Killboy for you all :)

Ok - here's my suggestion/vote. We head out with the intent of doing both Rt17 through the gap and TracyRd - in that order by traveling the loop counter-clockwise. If things go well (read good pace) we get the full loop in, if things go a little slower we cut short (miss TracyRd) and head the back on the inside loop.

Full loop - 299 mi, 7 hr 40 mins riding time @ ~speed limits (this is about 45 mins less riding than the original route)
Inside loop - 246 mi, 6 hr 40 mins, again riding time @ ~speed limits

zipped GPS attached and photo of routes.

Ok - here's my suggestion/vote. We head out with the intent of doing both Rt17 through the gap and TracyRd - in that order by traveling the loop counter-clockwise. If things go well (read good pace) we get the full loop in, if things go a little slower we cut short (miss TracyRd) and head the back on the inside loop.

Full loop - 299 mi, 7 hr 40 mins riding time @ ~speed limits (this is about 45 mins less riding than the original route)
Inside loop - 246 mi, 6 hr 40 mins, again riding time @ ~speed limits

zipped GPS attached and photo of routes.

Sounds like a good plan! Keep in mind we have to have a few extra stops for people as well as more frequent gas stops for the FZ1. Those with traffic and a lunch stop? Add another 2 hours to any loop. ;)

Sorry for the late input. I have been on vacation for the last 2 weeks with no internet capability. I have only scanned the 12 pages of messages so forgive me if I missed something here.

Barring any major crisis, I am in. However, my wife is not interested in riding on the back that long. Truth be told, this will be my single longest one day ride. Good test for the Corbin.

Anyone have an extra bed available in their room? I am having a hard time justifying a whole room to myself when I live less than an hour away.

Just dropped off my bike to have new tires put on, should be all set.

Joe

Sorry guys, I noticed the thread but did not keep up with the 12 pages and really don't have the patience to sit and flip through every post.

Anyone know of anyone from CT going (or south of CT or southern mass)? I saw a couple people from New York and New Jersey were heading up. I can't commit as of yet, but I do believe I am free that weekend (for now anyway, who knows how it will change).

Once again I didn't read the entire post, anyone interested in meeting on the way up, so we're not all riding up alone?

I dont think I can take Friday off of work, but I could leave Friday afternoon/night some time. Not to mention if anyone else is riding up at that time it will be through rush, so there is definite strength in numbers.

Sorry for the late input. I have been on vacation for the last 2 weeks with no internet capability. I have only scanned the 12 pages of messages so forgive me if I missed something here.

Barring any major crisis, I am in. However, my wife is not interested in riding on the back that long. Truth be told, this will be my single longest one day ride. Good test for the Corbin.

Anyone have an extra bed available in their room? I am having a hard time justifying a whole room to myself when I live less than an hour away.

Just dropped off my bike to have new tires put on, should be all set.

Joe

I've got an extra bed in my room - had been working on a non-FZ person to join us but it doesn't look like he can make it. I'm game to split the room and costs if you want (no serial killers or weirdos allowed :eek:)

Back