New England Meet in VT - Aug 15th, 2009!!!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Must be a discount for sleeping with Reiobard because we aren't paying $57 per person per night. :D We are 4 adults in a double queen room and the bill was $298.40 for two nights. I had to pay 50% or $149.20 up front and Rob is paying the other half when he gets there. That is $37.30 per person, per night.

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Correct.. their rates are:

Single (1 person) $ 57
Double (2 people) $ 92
Triple (3 people) $ 114
Quad (4 people) $ 136

So 136 / 4 = 34 + tax = 37.30.

My point is between 57 and 92 / 2 = 46, there is not a big difference in price.
I hoped since it was a single bed left in the room it would be cheaper, but they don't price their rooms this way; it doesn't matter what kind of room you have, it's just about how many people are in it.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
There are Many Many benefits!!!

Shhh, I don't want to fight to keep you....I don't have my boxing legs back yet!

John, I hope you can make it, sorry to hear about the job loss!

Eric, thank you for explaining staggering. To reiterate (because it is a pet peeve of mine, and it never fails, there is always someone who does not know how to do it), you should NEVER be directly behind the person in front of you, unless you are waiting to switch sides yourself. If you are a newer rider and watching for lines through turns, watch the person in front of that person, who should be in the same stagger position. This is actually very important. It allows for the group to be slightly closer together, and allows for safer spacing in the event of a get-off. More reaction time and less swerving makes for a safer ride.

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick question after your post Keira: do you guys usually keep the staggering formation even through turns? I often ride in a group of 4, and we are always staggered in 2 lines, but when approaching a turn we usually break the formation so that everyone gets an outside - inside - outside line through the turn.
If you want to keep the staggering through the turns, let me know; I don't want to be the one pissing you off Keira :)

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
no, through turns we tend to go single file, but, for example, you are approaching a turn and don't know where you should start from. Watch the person two bikes ahead (directly in front of you) to see if they break stagger or not. Also, sometimes if the turn is not very tight, we will remain in stagger, and then you should be watching that person for the line through the turn (of course, if it is not that tight int heory you will have plenty of opportunity to create your own line).

I just mean it is a pet peeve when someone does it, cause it screws up the whole back of the pack.....and it is usually the person right in front of me, so i never know if they will be staggering or crashing or what....

as a side note, i most likely will not be on my own bike, so i pay much less attention to others' business when that happens :)

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
^^ sounds good.
No riding for you? That s**ks... seems like you don't have much time to ride already..
When someone is not in for a long ride in my group, we usually setup a rendez vous point on the other side of the loop. Say the loop is 100 miles north, 50 east, then 100 miles south, we setup a rdv point on the south leg, so that it becomes a 50 miles north, 50 east, 50 south route. The rider splits at miles 50, makes 50 miles east on his own, and wait for the rest of the group at the rdv point.
Maybe we could set up something like that if you're concerned with being on the bike for too long.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ sounds good.
No riding for you? That s**ks... seems like you don't have much time to ride already..
When someone is not in for a long ride in my group, we usually setup a rendez vous point on the other side of the loop. Say the loop is 100 miles north, 50 east, then 100 miles south, we setup a rdv point on the south leg, so that it becomes a 50 miles north, 50 east, 50 south route. The rider splits at miles 50, makes 50 miles east on his own, and wait for the rest of the group at the rdv point.
Maybe we could set up something like that if you're concerned with being on the bike for too long.

She is coming on the ride, but from the post i am guessing that she will be on the back of my bike....

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like I need to prod the boss about that GPS file.... argh! We have two routes now but I'm curious about his selection because he know VT riding VERY well!

Are we leaving yet?

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ sounds good.

She is coming on the ride, but from the post i am guessing that she will be on the back of my bike....

That is the current plan. My hamstrings are killing me from my hour ride home last night (Rob kindly brought my bike to my parents' house for me so I could ride it home while he took the car). Ont he plus side of life, my abs and backa re strengthening up nicely, and I might be able to do a long ride on my own by the end of the summer.

Much as I would love to take the SV on this ride, I just don't want to hold the group back, I will be riding it up to Burlington, though, just not for the ride itself....give myself a day to recover :)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll keep pushing her to ride more, I like her on the back of mine, but i enjoy seeing her ride her own bike too!

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Good for you Keira. You know it takes 9 months for your body to make a baby so it's going to take longer than 2 months for it to return.

I know I shouldn't have BUT, I took my bike out last night. I'm a tough biker chick after all right? I took it around the block at first - 1/2 the ride with the wrist brace the other 1/2 without. It didn't seem to make a difference so I took it off. I rode up to a friends house around 25 miles - mostly highway but some city too. Thank goodness I have gotten good at speed shifting. Ok, so I am very sore this morning and it hurt a lot but it just felt so darn GOOD to be back on two wheels again. I may be able to make this meet yet.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Good for you Keira. You know it takes 9 months for your body to make a baby so it's going to take longer than 2 months for it to return.

I know I shouldn't have BUT, I took my bike out last night. I'm a tough biker chick after all right? I took it around the block at first - 1/2 the ride with the wrist brace the other 1/2 without. It didn't seem to make a difference so I took it off. I rode up to a friends house around 25 miles - mostly highway but some city too. Thank goodness I have gotten good at speed shifting. Ok, so I am very sore this morning and it hurt a lot but it just felt so darn GOOD to be back on two wheels again. I may be able to make this meet yet.

yeah yeah yeah, 9 months on (except it was really 6 for me - I was so sicka t the start i lost weight, and remember, i only made it 8 months....), a year or two off...

it's not the weight i care about (well, i do, but not as much as the other stuff), it's the fact that i can barely stand still or support my own body on my bike for extended periods.....you know, the sudden loss of all muscle control. just annoying more than anything, and i know i have tot ake it easy. i am just not a take it easy kinda girl.

and don't hurt yourself with that wrist. you should be taking it easy too.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like I need to prod the boss about that GPS file.... argh! We have two routes now but I'm curious about his selection because he know VT riding VERY well!

Are we leaving yet?

I think I'll just start posting more and more routes everyday until we nail one down - only two weeks to go and we haven't decided.

Here's another 300 miler that gets the famed "Tracy Rd" and a very twisty section of Rt17. Attached a .zip this time since it was small enough - should be easier to get at.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
both of you recover at your own pace and don't hurt yourselves, no matter ow much "Encouragement" we give you!

I am my own worse enemy in this as everyone else tells me to give it time and I don't want to!

Rte 17 is know in these parts as the Ap Gap (Appalachian Gap) and is supposed to be a great ride. I haven't ridden it but I've heard a lot about it.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I am my own worse enemy in this as everyone else tells me to give it time and I don't want to!

Rte 17 is know in these parts as the Ap Gap (Appalachian Gap) and is supposed to be a great ride. I haven't ridden it but I've heard a lot about it.

rte 17 is pretty great. rode it once a couple years back and it was pretty fun.