My Dad backed into my bike!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I decided to visit my folks in Portland last weekend, a 435 mile ride from Boise. My sister's car was also parked in the driveway so my father was trying to back his car out of the garage by zigzaging between the cars and hit my bike in the process. It got knocked into the rocks. After 81,000 miles, I now have three big dents in my tank and a major scratched up fairing. All my sister had to do was move her car and it would have been a straight shot out of the driveway for my dad.

I'm pissed.

Now I need to buy a new tank.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that Kenny. Just remember, the parts are replaceable for a reason. Give your dad a hard time, but not too hard a time:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that Kenny. I bet Dad already feels crappy about it.:(

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
you can have many bikes, but just one dad!

my dad backed up into my car once! how do you not see a parked car?!
insurance took care of it.......

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My dad sold my car for me, I was interstate and I said don't go under $7000, he sold it for $5500.and 1500 buckaroos was big biccies 28 years ago
at least it wasn't something I wanted to keep, but it did hurt my back pocket
ah Dads... ya gotta love em, and to tell the truth I had forgotten all about the car sale thing until I read this post

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I decided to visit my folks in Portland last weekend, a 435 mile ride from Boise. My sister's car was also parked in the driveway so my father was trying to back his car out of the garage by zigzaging between the cars and hit my bike in the process. It got knocked into the rocks. After 81,000 miles, I now have three big dents in my tank and a major scratched up fairing. All my sister had to do was move her car and it would have been a straight shot out of the driveway for my dad.

I'm pissed.

Now I need to buy a new tank.
Karma can be a Bitch... Remember how you laughed when my tank got a dented in the 2007 hall of shame thread?

But seriously really sorry to hear that Kenny especially as it was your Pop that did it. I blame your sister to be honest.
Is this any help to you? http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/8041-fs-misc-parts-2004-fz6-faster-blue.html

Neil

Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you sure your Dad was not paid off by another forum member to try and take you out of the High mileage competition??? i'm just sayin... lol :BLAA:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Karma can be a Bitch... Remember how you laughed when my tank got a dented in the 2007 hall of shame thread?

But seriously really sorry to hear that Kenny especially as it was your Pop that did it. I blame your sister to be honest.
Is this any help to you? http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/8041-fs-misc-parts-2004-fz6-faster-blue.html

Neil

Yeah, I don't think our bikes our quite in Mint conditions anymore, LOL..

And yes, it was more my sisters fault than my dad's. She was actually helping him back up, but common sense would have been for her to move her vehicle out of the driveway.

This might be the final push I need to go out and buy myself that 2012 Ducati Multi-Strada that I've been wanting to get for so long.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if I would blame your sister, because when I'm reversing, irrespective or whether I'm being guided or not, if there is something in the way and I hit it - it's my fault.

Especially foolish to think you could slink past someone's pride and joy.....

Put it this way, if my missus thought she had ANY other option but to ask me to move my bike, or move her car or ANYTHING other than try to miss my bike, I'd be seriously pissed. Seriously.

Cheers,
Rick

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the bike's misfortune, the good thing is that you weren't on it when your Dad backed up :rolleyes:
Parts can be replaced anytime. At least you're okay. Let the insurance handle the bike repair.