Moving...

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all!

As of yesterday I accepted a new job (yay me!) in Boulder, CO and will be moving there in a couple weeks.

After careful consideration I still think the FZ does everything I need her to and more so she's coming with me! :rockon: :rockon:

My question is... Who else lives in the Northglenn/boulder area who wants to meet up in a couple weeks?!?!?!

Oh, and sorry Viviifz6 that I'm moving away... :(

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! Well you know I'm not close to there, but I know you have family down here....so.....:thumbup:
Boulder is a very cool town, pricey, but cool. You're gonna love it, college town and all ;)

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
wonder if you will need to adjust the engine mix for the slightly higher altitude? will it be running slightly rich there?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
wonder if you will need to adjust the engine mix for the slightly higher altitude? will it be running slightly rich there?

There's really nothing to adjust.

If the elevation is higher, (I believe it is), he'll probably have a slight overall loss of HP.

I know when I brought my little KLR 250 to the Rockie Mountains (carbed engine), in the higher elevations, you could easily feel the power loss (but of course a MUCH SMALLER, lower HP engine). My FJR in the mountains, never noticed a difference...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

The FZ6 has a sensor that measures atmospheric pressure to make adjustments and I think most modern bikes do today.

I've ridden my FZ6 and SV1000 from about 225 below sea level to 6,000 ft. in an hour with no noticeable change in performance. Now my old KZ1000, at Wolf's Creek Pass, Colorado, didn't like to start at higher (10,857 ft.) altitudes. :)

I crossed in March of 1985 and didn't think about how cold it would get up there. :eek:

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That is a nice back yard, with the lake and all......:D
Was there any rumblings around your area from that latest quake??:confused:
We've totally hijacked Xavias moving to Colorado :spank::hijack:
I didn't feel the quake I was caging on Sunrise Highway...:)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all!

As of yesterday I accepted a new job (yay me!) in Boulder, CO and will be moving there in a couple weeks.

After careful consideration I still think the FZ does everything I need her to and more so she's coming with me! :rockon: :rockon:

My question is... Who else lives in the Northglenn/boulder area who wants to meet up in a couple weeks?!?!?!

Oh, and sorry Viviifz6 that I'm moving away... :(

Congratulations on the new job :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We've totally hijacked Xavias moving to Colorado :spank::hijack:
I didn't feel the quake I was caging on Sunrise Highway...:)

Yes you have :spank: :spank: & that's a job that is best left to us Aussies Blah Blah

Congrats on the move Xavias !! Hope it all goes smoothly for you & make sure you share plenty of pics while out & about :) :)