Thanks to all.

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been coming here ever since I bought my '07 FZ6 new nine years ago. Although I never posted much I always tuned in to see what was happening and get the latest info on the bike and it's riders. I can honestly say that the FZ has performed flawlessly over the years. It rates up there as one of the top three bikes I've ever owned in a riding career that began in 1966. Trust me, that entails a lot of bikes! Just ask my wife.

This afternoon, a young man eager to acquire his own FZ6 showed up at my door, cash in hand to take my baby away. He had been researching the bike and decided it would the perfect bike to replace the Kawasaki a woman carelessly destroyed when she could not put her cell phone down. As much as I would have loved to have kept it, I need the room in the garage for the FJR I rode home a couple of weeks back. It lasted three whole days before the deal was made. I'm REALLY going to miss what was known as the Baby Bike since it was the smallest bike in the stable.

I want to thank everyone here for the hospitality over the years and the advice shared with me. I'll still pop in from time to time to see what's happening with the group and who knows, maybe this old guy will pop up with another FZ6 in the future. I passed the url on to the new owner for this site and recommended he register here. Hopefully he'll show up here soon.

Take care, my friends.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
what, no room for the poor 'lil FZ in the backyard? how about the kitchen?

oh, you will be back. even if its when that barge we call the FJR becomes just too much bike for an old man....you will be back!

the FZ will not go quietly into the night!

however congrats to the new buyer. and the former owner who took good care of the bike so it could be passed on well :)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What year FJR did you get?

Rbesr, Yamaha carries over MANY of the attributes of the FJR and FZ6 in design, function, brakes, etc, so stick around!!

And for FZsexy, the FJR, at a much lower RPM, WILL take the FZ overall in acceleration, top end, etc. Twisties, the FZ obviously will rule..

You would be surprised how well such a large bike handles. The current 2016 went to a 6 speed transmission (first time).

(Yes, I'm biased but I do like my FZ alot!!)

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
I had been looking at buying a new FJR for a while. While the paddle shift kind of interested me, I'm not ready to let the computer control the clutch. Around here it's hard to find a non AE model. Last year there were several leftover FJR's at dealers from '11 and '12 but I couldn't find any this year. I figured I would just keep looking until I found what I wanted and I got lucky and fell into a deal on a used bike. It's a 2007 black cherry with less than 10,000 miles on the clock. I bought it from the original owner, a 68 year young man who also had just sold his Ducati Monster. He's building a Miata track car now. He had just mounted a new set of Michelin Road Pilots, oil and antifreeze change, total brake fluid changeout and a few other various maintenance checks done. I took it home for $5500. I found some cheaper but not in near the machanical shape this one's in. The only marks on it are from where he dropped one of the bags carrying it into the motel room on a trip. A buddy's body shop will fix that.

Here's a shot of the boys catching some rays and watching the girls go by this weekend.Da Boys .jpg

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! I logged close to 90,000 miles on my 04 FJR before Bambi killed it. Awesome bike but remember that it really, really likes to cruise at 85 mph which is a sweet spot on the bike but not with the LEO's.

Log into FJRforum.com for tons of information and gatherings around the country. I still hang out there (forum handle Bugnatr) because of all the cool folks I have met who have ridden or still ride FJR's. They have a great gathering called EOM (Eastern FJR Owners) each fall, a nice way to meet these folks. You will find the FJR will encourage you to ride much farther and a heck of a lot faster. Have fun!

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
Red Wazp,
Long distance doesn't bother me. I've ridden my '99 Venture all over the US. It's the silver/gray geezer glide in the picture of the bikes.