Central MD - Fri, Sat or Sun 8/1-3

Judd

Reaction score
Visit site
Going for a ride on Friday afternoon and probably Sat or Sunday morning too.

Plan is to head north up Rt 75 thru Green Valley to Union Bridge. Then west on Rt 77 thru Thurmont and over Catoctin Mtn to Smithsburg. Then south on Rt 17 thru Middletown to Brunswick. And then back east thru Point of Rocks and take Rt 28 back to Rockville.

~140 miles and 3/3.5 hrs of riding time

Happy to adjust the route or scrap it and go wherever depending on where you may be coming from.

I live in Rockville and usually ride alone since none of my friends have motorcycles. I have been riding for about 15 years on a variety of machines and love my FZ6. Prefer twisty backroads and country roads to the highways, but who doesn't?

Let me know if you want to meet up for Fri, Sat/Sun, or even some other time if this doesn't work for you. It would be cool to have a couple people in the area to ride with.

Keep the shiny side up!

Judd

nsiderbam

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Judd,

I might be interested in tagging along. I'm a new rider with maybe 1100 miles under my belt and have taken the MSF course, and if you'd prefer not to ride with someone new I totally understand!

I live down in Annapolis and don't have much else going on this weekend from driving down to Quantico on Saturday or Sunday to visit some friends.

Anyway, let me know!

- George

Judd

Reaction score
Visit site
Sure, we were all new riders at some point. And I found a good way to advance my skills is by riding behind a more experienced rider. Welcome to motorcycling - by now you are probably already hooked!

Saturday looks like the better day. I was thinking we could meet up in the morning around 8 or 9 but let me know what works.

A good halfway point is where Rt 32 crosses 108 in Clarksville but I will meet up wherever.

Just PM me if you want to trade numbers and I can give you a call.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like it might be a little rainy on Saturday. I'm about an hour from your halfway point, but if the weather would cooperate I might be in.

Judd

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like the forecast has deteriorated a bit. Chances for rain increase throughout the day tomorrow and Saturday looks to be cloudy and rainy.

That said, a couple of us are meeting at 8:30am tomorrow/Fri morning in Clarksville, MD at the Exxon on Rt 108 just west of Rt 32. (12405 Clarksville Pike, 21029) Going to ride for a few hours in the morning and hope to stay dry.

Ride plan: ~120 miles/3.0 hrs. Leaving from Clarksville, through Damascus, Buckeystown, Braddock Heights, Brunswick, and Poolesville and ending on the northwest side of the Beltway (495) at the River Rd exit.

PM or post if you want to meet up. I'll check email/thread up until we roll tomorrow morning.

If weather cooperates on Sat morning I am down for another ride and happy to meet wherever. Will circle back late tomorrow when we know the forecast.

Judd

Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed. Sunday may work but need to play the weather and work around a possible family commitment.

If I can work it out Beatle, and you are still up for it, I can head down into Va.

George, good riding with you today. We'll have to get up again soon.

nsiderbam

Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed. Sunday may work but need to play the weather and work around a possible family commitment.

If I can work it out Beatle, and you are still up for it, I can head down into Va.

George, good riding with you today. We'll have to get up again soon.

Yeah, I had a great time and definitely want to get out on those roads again. I managed to get most of the way home before it started raining.

Judd

Reaction score
Visit site
AM ride? Looks like scattered thunderstorms with a 50/50 chance of rain. I'd need to be back by lunchtime but would be down for meeting up at 8/830 if anyone was interested.