Moved to Boston

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
I could probably make it Sunday afternoon. is this the place?
113 Dartmouth St
(between Chandler St & Columbus Ave)
Boston, MA 02116
Neighborhood: Back Bay

(617) 262-9874

cheers:iconbeer:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I think I can make Sunday. Will be on call all night Saturday, but generally am rested enough for beers afterward :thumbup:

You guys hammer out the details on when/where and I'll be there. Coming from the Cambridge area off the redline.

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
1. Sorry I missed this last month. WELCOME. The South End is a beautiful place - I used to live on Worcester Sq and my buddy with a hotted-up bonnie still does. If you see one around with stubbie exhaust (which make it sound like open pipes) that's him... they're louder than he hoped for.

If you have good cover and some locks it should be ok. In the winter I suggest renting a small storage room (5x8 will hold it no problem) and tucking it away for the frosty months. I would not want a bike out on the street in the winter especially in the south end where parking is TIGHT and the snowplows are WILD. You'll need to get a lawnchair to reseve your space. :D

parking.jpg

^ this is South Boston, not the South End. I used to live there too. It's kinda nuts there... very dirty, more crime, and the crazy parking stuff. South End is a much, much better place to live.

3. Glad you found underground parking, it's a bitch around there. I used to park the fizzer in an alley behind our place, and the cover got stolen one night, plus sometimes dogs (or homeless guys) would pee on it.

4. Since I had a kid I raaarely make it out of my place for something like "a beer with internet friends" so I'm of little use to you in that regard, but I DO respond to PM's or emails and I know your area very well, and can make a lot of recommendations on local roads, VT roads, NH roads, etc. Put me to use!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
1. Sorry I missed this last month. WELCOME. The South End is a beautiful place - I used to live on Worcester Sq and my buddy with a hotted-up bonnie still does. If you see one around with stubbie exhaust (which make it sound like open pipes) that's him... they're louder than he hoped for.

^ this is South Boston, not the South End. I used to live there too. It's kinda nuts there... very dirty, more crime, and the crazy parking stuff. South End is a much, much better place to live.

3. Glad you found underground parking, it's a bitch around there. I used to park the fizzer in an alley behind our place, and the cover got stolen one night, plus sometimes dogs (or homeless guys) would pee on it.

4. Since I had a kid I raaarely make it out of my place for something like "a beer with internet friends" so I'm of little use to you in that regard, but I DO respond to PM's or emails and I know your area very well, and can make a lot of recommendations on local roads, VT roads, NH roads, etc. Put me to use!

Thanks brother, you still up for rides though right?

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I could probably make it Sunday afternoon. is this the place?
113 Dartmouth St
(between Chandler St & Columbus Ave)
Boston, MA 02116
Neighborhood: Back Bay

(617) 262-9874

cheers:iconbeer:

Actually, I spelled it wrong. Clery's is at the corner of Dartmouth and Columbus (333 Columbus Avenue).

Red line from Cambridge to Downtown Crossing, switch to Orange line outbound to Back Bay Station. Walk south on Dartmouth about a block... Then :iconbeer:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, I spelled it wrong. Clery's is at the corner of Dartmouth and Columbus (333 Columbus Avenue).

Red line from Cambridge to Downtown Crossing, switch to Orange line outbound to Back Bay Station. Walk south on Dartmouth about a block... Then :iconbeer:

Perfect, see you guys there around 1:30. I'll be wearing a red t-shirt and have attached a photo so you know what I look like.

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Rob, nice meeting you today. Great to have a west coast guy in town to bring a few of us together. Next time on bikes, though! :thumbup:

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks brother, you still up for rides though right?

Eeehhh... I ride everyday out to framingham for work, so 60 miles a day. Weekends are usually packed with wife/kid stuff. Once in awhile I can duck out on a saturday at like 10 and go for an hour with the Bonnie guy (south end), but it's sadly rare. If I didn't ride so much daily I'd be more itchy, but as it is I know all the roads around here, and I get my itch scratched 5 days a week so I just don't have a lot of motivation to stick my wife with the baby (on top of my work travel, which strands her for a week at a time here and there.) Moral: Babies change stuff. If a ride gets planned for a weekend, especially at night (read: after the baby's asleep), I can swing it. And I miss riding with other people. I have no idea how I ride.

lsherrer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone (replying to Rob), I would be up for beers in Boston, as I've only lived here for about 6 months!

The parking is an issue, but luckily I have a parking garage that comes with my apartment in the Inman Square area. So... they are around. It sounds like you got it figured out though.

Lynn
:welcome:

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Drinks were great, cold beer, good conversation..........Where were you? I'd be happy to get together again for more beers, or a ride would be good too, any excuse to get together is fine with me.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm definitely always down for a beer with you guys. Believe it or not, the bike is still in transit! It was supposed to be here almost two weeks ago, but the whole Sturgis thing backed up the delivery on the bike. Hope it'll be here this coming week.