New to the FZ6 and Riding

regrebrief

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I am a new rider and just purchased a 2008 all black FZ6 as my first bike. It was kept in immaculate condition by the PO and I got it for a steal. Pics are in my profile and you should be able to see it in my pro-pic / avatar. At any rate, I am posting to ask what mods / gear / accessories / resources / anything you guys can suggest to a new guy. Below is a list of what I have so far, and what I plan on getting soon (once funds are replenished):

The bike...obviously! 2008, All black, 10,100 miles, I am the 3rd owner, never been down, etc, blah, blah, blah
Woodcraft Frame Sliders
All new Michelin Pilot Road 2 front and Rear tires
Shoei GT-Air Expanse Helmet (side-bar... SO COMFY! Highly recommend)
Pinlock Defogger Insert
Held Titan Race gloves on loan from my best pal, until I can afford some of my own
Looking to grab an Alpinestars Gunner WP Jacket soon
Some no-name racing boots from my best pal, again
Magnetic Tank bag from PO
MSF Course is coming up soon (11/18-19)

Anything else I should get or look at? Thank you!

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I am a new rider and just purchased a 2008 all black FZ6 as my first bike. It was kept in immaculate condition by the PO and I got it for a steal. Pics are in my profile and you should be able to see it in my pro-pic / avatar. At any rate, I am posting to ask what mods / gear / accessories / resources / anything you guys can suggest to a new guy. Below is a list of what I have so far, and what I plan on getting soon (once funds are replenished):

The bike...obviously! 2008, All black, 10,100 miles, I am the 3rd owner, never been down, etc, blah, blah, blah
Woodcraft Frame Sliders
All new Michelin Pilot Road 2 front and Rear tires
Shoei GT-Air Expanse Helmet (side-bar... SO COMFY! Highly recommend)
Pinlock Defogger Insert
Held Titan Race gloves on loan from my best pal, until I can afford some of my own
Looking to grab an Alpinestars Gunner WP Jacket soon
Some no-name racing boots from my best pal, again
Magnetic Tank bag from PO

Welcome & Congratulations! Spend some time reading the forums. A LOT of good information here. Just be careful. Dont let the "2008" fool you. The FZ6 is a fast bike. Easy with the throttle and be safe. Again, congrats!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The last item on your list is the most important - training. I would suggest buying a few books too; Keith Code "A Twist of the Wrist" and Lee Parks "Total Control". These are the street riding bibles.

Welcome to motorcycling.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Good luck on your upcoming class. You will find out very quickly that riding a motorcycle is all about making the right decisions. You've made two great ones so far, Purchasing a FZ6 and taking the MSF class.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wear the gear to protect the bits you value ATGATT
BE MINDFUL THAT THE FZ6 is sweet and kind under 4000rpm
Head north and you will find it can be an aggressive little beast:
80km h in 1st gear if you want it .... so be careful — once you understand how that power behaves, you’ll grow to love it- i followed a cbr1000 and another fz6 in a spirited under 60 kmh peak hour ride home last night and i had forgotten how much fun you can have at low torquey speeds and then just keep going in 2nd/3rd
Just ride to your experience and limits —it’s not a competition and smart riders acknowledge differing skills-RIDE for you not the bloke who eggs you on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: