Moved to Boston

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to the east.. as for what to do with bike storage...good luck.. you'll have to put in some time to find a place that will have some sort of option for the bike.. im sure you'll find a nice home for it.. i recomend that when you get your bike, take a trip up rt1 into maine.. you'll be very happy with the ride.. maybe we should have a forum get together to welcome you to the east.. i would always be down for a boston ride..

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to the east.. as for what to do with bike storage...good luck.. you'll have to put in some time to find a place that will have some sort of option for the bike.. im sure you'll find a nice home for it.. i recomend that when you get your bike, take a trip up rt1 into maine.. you'll be very happy with the ride.. maybe we should have a forum get together to welcome you to the east.. i would always be down for a boston ride..

That would be f*&%ing awesome! I'd love it if we could get every together later this summer or fall when the bike gets here to meet the guys. From those that I've chatted with so far, everyone seems really nice and helpful.

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
If you have good cover and some locks it should be ok. In the winter I suggest renting a small storage room (5x8 will hold it no problem) and tucking it away for the frosty months. I would not want a bike out on the street in the winter especially in the south end where parking is TIGHT and the snowplows are WILD. You'll need to get a lawnchair to reseve your space. :D

parking.jpg

Maybe you can garage it it work? Some have a bike parking area.

I shipped my bike using JC Motors, worked out GREAT. :thumbup:

Last edited:

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Rob! I'm right over in Brookline, 10 minutes away from the South End, right on the Green (D) line. Definitely up for a beer or three. Let me know what your schedule looks like.

A couple other things: I'm pretty sure some of the parking garages will have motorcycle spots for less $$ so look into that. I'm here until the end of August so you're welcome to store the bike in my garage if you have no other options when it shows up.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Rob! I'm right over in Brookline, 10 minutes away from the South End, right on the Green (D) line. Definitely up for a beer or three. Let me know what your schedule looks like.

A couple other things: I'm pretty sure some of the parking garages will have motorcycle spots for less $$ so look into that. I'm here until the end of August so you're welcome to store the bike in my garage if you have no other options when it shows up.

Thanks Tom. I got a place lined up tomorrow to look at that has parking available. We'll see how that looks! Beers would be awesome. We'll touch base with everyone this weekend to get together.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally found a place today near U Mass THAT HAS UNDERGROUND PARKING FOR MOTORCYCLES!!! YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Time to ship the bike!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! Good luck with the shipping.
And have you considered a cover to keep the dust off....since it'll be in an underground garage? Just a thought.......

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! Good luck with the shipping.
And have you considered a cover to keep the dust off....since it'll be in an underground garage? Just a thought.......

Yeah, I do have a cover for it and a huge lock for when it's not being used.:thumbup:

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Rob, I'm getting thirsty. My schedule is strange and I usually don't have much notice when I travel, but it looks like I'll be around for a few days at least. PM me if you want to get together for a beer, and if the bike arrives, a ride. Hope to see the other MA/NH riders as well. Anyone interested in an organized ride around SE MA/Cape Cod?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Rob, I'm getting thirsty. My schedule is strange and I usually don't have much notice when I travel, but it looks like I'll be around for a few days at least. PM me if you want to get together for a beer, and if the bike arrives, a ride. Hope to see the other MA/NH riders as well. Anyone interested in an organized ride around SE MA/Cape Cod?

That sounds great. My schedule is pretty regular, M-F 7-6 except for the intermittent call mixed in the bunch. The bike won't be here for several weeks, so beers will have to suffice for now. When it does get here, I'm definitely interested in going to Cape Cod. I've never been there, but hear it's beautiful.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My schedule is pretty regular, M-F 7-6 except for the intermittent call mixed in the bunch.

WOW really?!?! I thought Dr's had crazy schedules, or do I watch too many medical shows?
And speaking of, there's a new one Boston Medical....you should be on that! ;)

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW really?!?! I thought Dr's had crazy schedules, or do I watch too many medical shows?
And speaking of, there's a new one Boston Medical....you should be on that! ;)

That show is actually filmed at Mass General, which associated with Harvard Medical school. They couldn't name it Mass General because another show was already named that in the past, so the name Boston Medical was chosen but often confuses people as to which hospital it's at. I work at Boston Medical Center, the main hospital for Boston's under-served community.

You guys let me know when/where to be so long as I can get there on the T and I'll make it happen.

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds great. My schedule is pretty regular, M-F 7-6 except for the intermittent call mixed in the bunch. The bike won't be here for several weeks, so beers will have to suffice for now. When it does get here, I'm definitely interested in going to Cape Cod. I've never been there, but hear it's beautiful.

OK, all, how about Sunday afternoon, 1:30? We can catch the sox game, maybe at Cleary's which is near the South End. Or jam into one of the bars near Fenway.

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey dude glad to see you finally made it to the East coast :) Let me know when your bike is here and I can show you some of the best roads in the area. Also if you're interested, do the penguin school (basically a track day with some classroom instruction followed by a very simple test at the end of the day) in Loudon, NH and start coming with us to the practice Thursdays before each racing weekend. $150 for 11x20-minute riding session - it's a sweet deal + you'll meet some ridiculously awesome people there too ... and if you're into it you can start racing too :)