MotoDynamic Integrated Taillight

CRiSiS420

Reaction score
Visit site
So my FZ6 was the test bike for this product and I received one for my troubles. The build is top-notch and fit is like stock, if not better. Below are both Smoke and Clear. I opted out for the smoke but the clear didnt look too bad either.
Final Thought: If your planning to purchase a taillight this is a very good choice.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NziKGAakWlU&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NziKGAakWlU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF1Rmn3b1QQ&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪2003-2009 Yamaha FZ6 Sequential LED Tail Lights Smoke Lens‬‏[/ame]

My FZ6 is a STAR!

Last edited:

Zargof

MSF Instructor
Reaction score
Visit site
So what is the difference between this led taillight and the ones for like $30 on ebay? I have looked at both, but I am not seeing a difference other than it has the sequential built in.

Dee Eff See

The Mastodon
Reaction score
Visit site
So what is the difference between this led taillight and the ones for like $30 on ebay? I have looked at both, but I am not seeing a difference other than it has the sequential built in.

This light is DOT approved. I'm not sure about the one you are referring to on Ebay, but it may not be DOT approved. Could be missing some of the reflective materials for brightness in daylight.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This light is DOT approved. I'm not sure about the one you are referring to on Ebay, but it may not be DOT approved. Could be missing some of the reflective materials for brightness in daylight.

This can be a problem. I've seen tail lights that are good and bad as well as aftermarket LED directionals and now I see complaints of low output on headlamps from naked conversions.

Zargof

MSF Instructor
Reaction score
Visit site
I see on the MotoDynamic that they are street legal. Does that mean the other ones are not legal to operate on roads? I am pretty careful about making sure my additions are legal, but there are several other members that are running the cheaper led tail light replacements with no complaints. I love getting pieces for a good price, but hate buying a cheaper part and then have to re-buy a better part.

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
those look excellent. like the triple flash warning feature. :thumbup:

anyone aside from crisis420 got any experience with these?

Dee Eff See

The Mastodon
Reaction score
Visit site
those look excellent. like the triple flash warning feature. :thumbup:

anyone aside from crisis420 got any experience with these?

I've had mine installed for a few weeks. Seen many police officers and had no issues. Great piece of gear and higly recommended. Looks really good since you remove the turn signals and the taillights are very easily visible in daylight.

privatemc

Reaction score
Visit site
What license plate bracket eliminator should go with this motodynamic light? I just want the license plate bracket, no rear signals.

Dee Eff See

The Mastodon
Reaction score
Visit site
What license plate bracket eliminator should go with this motodynamic light? I just want the license plate bracket, no rear signals.
I used this one from Amazon on my 2005.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WEY7LU]Amazon.com: Fender Eliminator - Yamaha FZ6 2006-2008 - Black: Automotive[/ame]

Dee Eff See

The Mastodon
Reaction score
Visit site
is the install pretty easy? or do you have to solder stuff??
No soldering required. The connectors they provide simply match up with the stock ones. Instructions are also provided to show which wires go where. Only issue really was removing the stock taillight, it was tough to actually get out of the housing, but nothing serious.