Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really don't know what to say. It is a plug and play deal. Really good initial quality. Only "problem" I had is that you have to damn near disassemble the whole tail of the bike to install it. Zip ties are your friend due to the extra length of wire in the harness on the new light, which by the way actually helps with the install. Love the sequential turn signals and the quick flash brake lights. If your on the fence about buying one. Do it!:thumbup:

I'll post a video of the finished results when I get a chance,

[video=youtube_share;-gudqfte4EE]https://youtu.be/-gudqfte4EE[/video]

Last edited:

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure you check the light when the bike is running by holding the break for 30 seconds-1:00 to make sure the light stays solid and dosnt flash randomly after the first 3 flashes. I had to get motodynamics to send me a bigger voltage stabilizer kit than the one that came with the light.
Works great now.

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting. I did hold the brake as you directed and all seems okay. No random flashes after the initial sequence. When did you purchase your kit? Hopefully it has since been addressed.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really don't know what to say. It is a plug and play deal. Really good initial quality. Only "problem" I had is that you have to damn near disassemble the whole tail of the bike to install it. Zip ties are your friend due to the extra length of wire in the harness on the new light, which by the way actually helps with the install. Love the sequential turn signals and the quick flash brake lights. If your on the fence about buying one. Do it!:thumbup:

I'll post a video of the finished results when I get a chance,

I installed one last winter while I had the bike torn apart for its annual maintenance and valve check. It seemed like there was only one way that tail light was going back in. Aside from the labor time, I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed one last winter while I had the bike torn apart for its annual maintenance and valve check. It seemed like there was only one way that tail light was going back in. Aside from the labor time, I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats right, the light only comes out one way.The hand / grab rail has to come off to remove and install the new one.

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting. I did hold the brake as you directed and all seems okay. No random flashes after the initial sequence. When did you purchase your kit? Hopefully it has since been addressed.

I bought it last year. Didn't notice the problem untill I was sitting in traffic and saw the reflection of my tail light on the front grill of the car behind me.
Here a video of it before I fixed it using the voltage stabilizer.

[video=youtube_share;c915Dldbxss]https://youtu.be/c915Dldbxss[/video]

Last edited:

Under_A_Rock

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought it last year. Didn't notice the problem untill I was sitting in traffic and saw the reflection of my tail light on the front grill of the car behind me.
Here a video if it before I fixed it.

Hmmm. Doesnt seem like it would be a problem, per se. My integrated tail doesnt do that but i wouldnt mind

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here a video if it before I fixed it.

There is the possibility the problem it is not a problem in the tail light. There are kits that flash the brake light just like that. Since it is totally repeatable ever time I would suspect that there is an additional module that has been installed on the bike or the LED tail lamp assembly has DIP switched where the flash sequence can be altered or the tail lamp was built this way. The quickly flashing sequence on initial braking is an eye catcher and a safety feature I will install on my bike soon. Check it out.... https://www.google.com/search?q=motorcycle+brake+light+flasher+module&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
There may be nothing wrong at all and the bike may have already had the brake flash module before you installed the Motodynamics light! :)

Last edited:

Koissu

Reaction score
Visit site

I also didn't realize the labor to get the rear end taken apart, but it was worth it! Only issue I had was my emergency flashers were not working properly. Motodynamic advised snipping one of the wires, I just haven't gotten around to it...but spring is right around the corner : )

The13th

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey. How on earth did you install the turn signal part. It comes with the branching cable with the two plastic ends. I can't make heads nor tails of what to connect them to. I just can't find anywhere on the turn signal wires to plug them in to.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey. How on earth did you install the turn signal part. It comes with the branching cable with the two plastic ends. I can't make heads nor tails of what to connect them to. I just can't find anywhere on the turn signal wires to plug them in to.

You should have a wire with plug that goes to the left turn signal(brown and a black) and right turn signal (dark green and a black) These are the FZ6 wires that plug into the left and right turn signal wires on the motodynamic tail light for it's directional indicators. If you are still using your stalk type turn signal indicators (recommended) you may have to piggy back the motodynamic turn signal wires to the stalk wires.
Hope this helps.:)

eagerpuppy

Reaction score
Visit site
I am installing mine right now, but when I do the regular plug and play setup, I get fast flashes. I thought it would be the regulators but when I bypass those I get nothing. The only thing I can do it hook it up the way it was intended and I get fast flashes, no other way works. Any ideas on what that could be from?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am installing mine right now, but when I do the regular plug and play setup, I get fast flashes. I thought it would be the regulators but when I bypass those I get nothing. The only thing I can do it hook it up the way it was intended and I get fast flashes, no other way works. Any ideas on what that could be from?

:welcome: to our great forum!

If you're using the OEM flasher you will need to switch it over to an electronic type flasher. The electronic type is more immune to load change and will probably solve your flash rate issue.

I think this info is still good: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...ic-led-flasher-relays-for-motorcycle/787/842/

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...relays-great-price-post462478.html#post462478

Last edited: