Integrated turn signals and brake lights

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Those are awesome! I love your whole setup including the taillight. I might have to order both of those.

Only negative side is that if you ever drop or lay your bike down those signals are toast, but they're cheap enough.

killertofu9

Reaction score
Visit site
Those are awesome! I love your whole setup including the taillight. I might have to order both of those.

Only negative side is that if you ever drop or lay your bike down those signals are toast, but they're cheap enough.

Not really, they are slightly shorter than the stock stalks which were fine thanks to the frame sliders when it layed down walking it around a friends driveway and they have some flex since I used the stock fender and mounts.

Last edited:

browlinson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

I had this set up installed today and i cannot get the brake light to work correctly if i wire up the brake light it works how it should but when i add the indicators and the turned the brake light on the tail lights would cut out and the brake light would stay permanently on.

for the mo i have disconnected the brake light part of the tail light and and left the brake light only working on the indicators.

i would like the set up to work like yours but i cannot for the life of me work out how to wire them up to work like this.

please help me

thanks
bryan

Last edited:

killertofu9

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

I had this set up installed today and i cannot get the brake light to work correctly if i wire up the brake light it works how it should but when i add the indicators and the turned the brake light on the tail lights would cut out and the brake light would stay permanently on.

for the mo i have disconnected the brake light part of the tail light and and left the brake light only working on the indicators.

i would like the set up to work like yours but i cannot for the life of me work out how to wire them up to work like this.

please help me

thanks
bryan

It sounds like you might have the brake signal wire switched
with the power or ground. Are you using the stock taillight or an aftermarket one. I assume your trying to connect the led turn signals with brake lights from the2wheels.

You should have 2 wires for turn signals and 3 wires for brake lights. Power, signal and ground. I'd have to see if I still have my wiring diagram for what color is what. But the power wire should turn the red leds on as long as the bike is on, but not bright. If they.are bright you have the signal wire connectef to the bikes power.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Subscribed. These looks awesome, cant watch vids at work ¬¬ so will check out the vids when i am home. I love the idea of it though. Deffo got to check these out

Cheers

browlinson

Reaction score
Visit site
It sounds like you might have the brake signal wire switched
with the power or ground. Are you using the stock taillight or an aftermarket one. I assume your trying to connect the led turn signals with brake lights from the2wheels.

You should have 2 wires for turn signals and 3 wires for brake lights. Power, signal and ground. I'd have to see if I still have my wiring diagram for what color is what. But the power wire should turn the red leds on as long as the bike is on, but not bright. If they.are bright you have the signal wire connectef to the bikes power.

I will check but I don't think so as it will work fine until I apply the brake and then the brake light stays on and it will cut out the tail lights on the indicators. I had to change the fuse to a 15 amp one today as it kept blowing the 10 amp

Thanks for ur help

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.041344,-4.207397

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
Who would you recommend getting a resistor for the turn signals. I bought some led's for the front and I have the quick flash....not sure who or where even to get them. Also they only have 2 wires instead of the 3 wires like the stock ones have :confused:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I will check but I don't think so as it will work fine until I apply the brake and then the brake light stays on and it will cut out the tail lights on the indicators. I had to change the fuse to a 15 amp one today as it kept blowing the 10 amp

Thanks for ur help
---
I am here: Google Maps

Chances are you have a short. The additional LEDs should not be blowing the OEM fuse and I'd think you'll be defeating the purpose of the fuse the bike came with by upping the amperage and possibly cause damage to wiring/connectors or harness. Go over your connections..:D

Color codes:
Blue is the tail/running light. Use it's returning black wire as ground which should also be the ground for the brake light.

Yellow is the brake light. Black is the ground.

Chocolate or Brown is your left turn signal and black is it's ground.

Dark Green is your right turn signal and black is it's ground.

Who would you recommend getting a resistor for the turn signals. I bought some led's for the front and I have the quick flash....not sure who or where even to get them. Also they only have 2 wires instead of the 3 wires like the stock ones have :confused:

The first link is for an electronic flasher that has a steady flash rate with what ever combo of directional lamps you choose. Much better solution than rigging resistors which may get hot. It's a direct replacement for your 2 wire OEM flasher. If you search around there's a site that sells them for $8.95

The second link is for the Magic relays so the you will still have running light feature and directional from 2 wire LED replacement directional in the front of the bike. :D

Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Relay - Plug And Play

Custom LED Magic Blinker Relay - Convert 2 wire LED blinker to 3 wire

Spider 007

Reaction score
Visit site
That's funny! I realize this is an old thread, but I never saw it before and it turns out I'll have the exact same setup! I ordered the parts last week and they should be here shortly... so I'm happy to get an idea what it'll look like!
:D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's funny! I realize this is an old thread, but I never saw it before and it turns out I'll have the exact same setup! I ordered the parts last week and they should be here shortly... so I'm happy to get an idea what it'll look like!
:D

I'm always on threads like this! I forget how many! There is so much info on this subject on so many threads that I think I'll just make a boiler plate page with links....

Is that you in the avatar!?!

killertofu9

Reaction score
Visit site
So the led turn signal wires are as follows iirc

LED wires = duty = Bike stock harness

Yellow = running light = Blue
Red = brake signal = Yellow
Black = brake ground = Black
Blue = turn signal Brown(left) Green(right)
Green = turn signal ground = Black

LED wires = duty = Motodynamics taillight harness

Yellow = running light = Brown/Red
Red = brake signal = White
Blue = turn signal Blue(left) Yellow(right)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So the led turn signal wires are as follows iirc

LED wires = duty = Bike stock harness

Yellow = running light = Blue
Red = brake signal = Yellow
Blue = turn signal Brown(left) Green(right)

LED wires = duty = Motodynamics taillight harness

Yellow = running light = Brown/Red
Red = brake signal = White
Blue = turn signal Blue(left) Yellow(right)

If you're popping a fuse look for a pinched wire or even one loose strand exposed and shorting.`

Why do you have a brown and white wire from you Motodynamics light tied to the running light?

killertofu9

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're popping a fuse look for a pinched wire or even one loose strand exposed and shorting.`

Why do you have a brown and white wire from you Motodynamics light tied to the running light?

Just refering to the 3wire plug that connects to the stock tail light socket from the moto tail. Mine was white/black/red or brown, dont remember which. I tied my turn signals w brake into the moto harness.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just refering to the 3wire plug that connects to the stock tail light socket from the moto tail. Mine was white/black/red or brown, dont remember which. I tied my turn signals w brake into the moto harness.

What isolates your turn signals from the brake signal and visa versa? :confused:

Do you have a PDF on the hook ups for both the LEDs and Tail light?

killertofu9

Reaction score
Visit site
What isolates your turn signals from the brake signal and visa versa? :confused:

Do you have a PDF on the hook ups for both the LEDs and Tail light?

No, and the 3wire plug is just the brakes. It has a 2nd harness for the turn signals blue/black and yellow/black like I posted above.

For motodynamic taillight

Brake light harness to> led stalks
Running light (red/brown) >>>(yellow)
Brake signal (white) >>> (red)
Ground (black) >>> (black)

Turn signal harness to> led stalks
Left turn (blue) >>> (blue) left stalk
Left ground (black) >>> (green) left stalk

Right turn (yellow) >>> (blue) right stalk
Right ground (black) >>> (green) right stalk

Each led stalk has 5wires yellow, red, black, blue and green.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No, and the 3wire plug is just the brakes. It has a 2nd harness for the turn signals blue/black and yellow/black like I posted above.

For motodynamic taillight

Brake light harness to> led stalks
Running light (red/brown) >>>(yellow)
Brake signal (white) >>> (red)
Ground (black) >>> (black)

Turn signal harness to> led stalks
Left turn (blue) >>> (blue) left stalk
Left ground (black) >>> (green) left stalk

Right turn (yellow) >>> (blue) right stalk
Right ground (black) >>> (green) right stalk

Each led stalk has 5wires yellow, red, black, blue and green.

I think I understand how the LED stalks are operating as a mullti signal device.
I would really need to see an accurate schematic if the tail light and stalks to understand what might be wrong. It could even be a defective tail light or LED stalk. :confused:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are the colors for The2Wheels signal STALKS themselves
They have FIVE wires with male bullet connectors;

Yellow = Running lights, grab +12v keyed active like license plate etc ((YAMAHA LIGHT BLUE))
Red = Brake lights, grab +12V brake on bike ((YAMAHA =YELLOW))
Black = Ground (common for Run and Brake) ((YAMAHA Black = Ground))

Turn signal wires are Green and Blue:
Green = Ground ((YAMAHA = BLACK))
Blue = Left or Right turn +12V from flasher
BLUE LEFT STALK goes to ((YAMAHA BROWN))
BLUE RIGHT STALK goes to ((YAMAHA GREEN))

View attachment 40216

TAG: Integrated LED Turn Signals built-in brake light, item 048-1_1pair
Specifications:
Body Color: Black
Lens Color: Clear
LED Color: Amber
5 Wires

Brake Light, Running Light, The2Wheels

Last edited:

Spider 007

Reaction score
Visit site
I got all the parts in last week so I played with them this weekend to figure out the wiring, and mine works!

From what I got, as long as you splice the turn stalks in the original wiring harness from the bike (as opposed to the new wiring of the Motodynamic tail light) you should be fine. If that doesn't work, I would suspect you got a faulty turn stalk...

Edit: I'll try to whip up a quick wiring diagram if I get the chance.

Last edited:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chances are you have a short. The additional LEDs should not be blowing the OEM fuse and I'd think you'll be defeating the purpose of the fuse the bike came with by upping the amperage and possibly cause damage to wiring/connectors or harness. Go over your connections..:D

Color codes:
Blue is the tail/running light. Use it's returning black wire as ground which should also be the ground for the brake light.

Yellow is the brake light. Black is the ground.

Chocolate or Brown is your left turn signal and black is it's ground.

Dark Green is your right turn signal and black is it's ground.

Bought a BackOFF brake light signal module and installation seemed simple enough. Just split the power brake wire in two and splice in the module with a ground wire. But which FZ6 brake wire is which? There are two hot and one ground.

So I search the best FZ6 forum on the net and sure enough Cliff has provided the answer! Spliced in the yellow wire and the module works like a champ. Thanks Cliff!