MAY 12th - Bear Mountain, NY Ride...Twisties and Scenery!! U coming?

im expecting 11 bikes including myself

the tally:
fz6
erci
edgeofnj
metallicat (maybe)
fz6r
bluefang
redprodigy35 +1
sparkxx1
fz1
indeo +2

If you're really going to have 11 than I suggest us not combining because if we have a good showing too we're gunna have a 1/2 mile long motorcycle rally. Would draw too much attention. If you had 3-4 and we had 3-4 I would say let's do it. Instead let's just try to meetup sometime during the day and stage an impromtu bike show. :thumbup:

If you're really going to have 11 than I suggest us not combining because if we have a good showing too we're gunna have a 1/2 mile long motorcycle rally. Would draw too much attention. If you had 3-4 and we had 3-4 I would say let's do it. Instead let's just try to meetup sometime during the day and stage an impromtu bike show. :thumbup:

yea ur right that would be kinda much, we'll be like a harley gang lol...we should definitely meet up on top of bear mountain! what's ur route lookin like?

Speaking of meeting up.. anyone know a good place for lunch along the way? :D

yea ur right that would be kinda much, we'll be like a harley gang lol...we should definitely meet up on top of bear mountain! what's ur route lookin like?

This is our completely unique route not inspired by anyone :innocent:

Triumph675.net Draft Route

I figure we will get to Bear around 1030-11? Our start time is 9:30 at Point A. What do you think?

This is our completely unique route not inspired by anyone :innocent:

Triumph675.net Draft Route

I figure we will get to Bear around 1030-11? Our start time is 9:30 at Point A. What do you think?

lol this map looks sooo familiar...ur not goin to hit up west point rt 218? i was thinking to make our stop at bear mountain last....hhmmmm maybe we can meet in carmel by that gas station where we filled up..i recommended to take picz by a lake down the street maybe we can meet there ...theres a lot of parking next to this church

HERE: CHURCH

i was thinking pit stop at 2 alices cafe off rt 218, they dont have a huge food menu but if anyone knows any other places around there that would be good feel free to share

there is a pizza place right at the end of the twisties on rt 218 but everytime i pass by there it looks deserted lol

Two places for food that I enjoy along the way and candle handle a large group quickly are 'Hacienda' (Mexican restaurant) and 'The Stadium' (typical bar and grill). Hacienda is marked with a RED X and The Stadium has a PINK X. The ORANGE X is one of my favorite scenic spots, but can only be viewed northbound on 9W meaning you would have to take that loop opposite what the map says. Nothing listed would interfere with the overall route. Of course since this is QwickFliCk's ride, he makes the call on stops!

eqchty.jpg

Last edited:
okay so i took a dry run of the whole route earlier today i cleared away some major debris on rt 106..on peekskill hollow road theres a good size dirt patch so we gotta watch out for that. all the other roads are good except for some DumbA** cagers that crossed the double yellow!

Two places for food that I enjoy along the way and candle handle a large group quickly are 'Hacienda' (Mexican restaurant) and 'The Stadium' (typical bar and grill). Hacienda is marked with a RED X and The Stadium has a PINK X. The ORANGE X is one of my favorite scenic spots, but can only be viewed northbound on 9W meaning you would have to take that loop opposite what the map says. Nothing listed would interfere with the overall route. Of course since this is QwickFliCk's ride, he makes the call on stops!

i actually stopped by that parking lot and that is definitely goin to be the new route lol! VERY NICE PLACE just didnt go past the boulders cuz of the CLIFF lol! by the time we reach west point i think ppl might be hungry idk i like the stadium place but its kinda out of the way..and mexican food sounds good but idk if ppl(especially me) wanna have the "runs" during the ride lol

Last edited:
okay so i took a dry run of the whole route earlier today i cleared away some major debris on rt 106..on peekskill hollow road theres a good size dirt patch so we gotta watch out for that. all the other roads are good except for some DumbA** cagers that crossed the double yellow!

i actually stopped by that parking lot and that is definitely goin to be the new route lol! VERY NICE PLACE just didnt go past the boulders cuz of the CLIFF lol! by the time we reach west point i think ppl might be hungry idk i like the stadium place but its kinda out of the way..and mexican food sounds good but idk if ppl(especially me) wanna have the "runs" during the ride lol

After a crappy weather week like this one the cagers are in abundance up in the West Point area, especially on 218! Another eating option could be 'Barnstormer Barbeque;' it is on your route directly. I saw you mentioned the Pizza Shop right off of 218 and if I recall, that place isn't very good (just a fun place to party since it is BYOB).

**On another note, make sure you have an EZ-PASS/$1.50 ready for the Bear Mountain Bridge. They raised the toll up from $1 and I was $0.50 short when I went last week and until the guy behind me paid for me, they wouldn't let me through. Of course the one time I leave my EZ-Pass on post a jerk was working...

i like that stadium place a lot actually so i made a new map but we might have to cut thru a neighborhood street to get there(s. mountain pass road)...

NEW MAP

Last edited:
the FORUM tally:
fz6
qwickflick (maybe +1)
erci
edgeofnj
metallicat (maybe)
munchyman
trepetti
fz6r
bluefang
redprodigy35 +1
sparkxx1
fz1
indeo +2

Things to bring:
GEAR UP!
$1.50 or ezpass
Small rag to wipe all the bugs off ur helmet
Camera
$ for lunch and gas
Confidence/finesse or extra undies lol ur choice

Highway riding : Staggered/ checker board Position
Twisty ride: single file w/ at least two bike distance between each rider

Weather is 0% chance of rain and a high of 80F in west point!!:thumbup: its goin to be a chilly ride to the mall after that it should warm up.:rockon:

pm me ur number if you havent done so already. thanks
ride safely!

Meeting time/ place :
Palisades mall in front of lord and taylor at 9:45am
(I’ll be there at 9:30) i look like this lol:
funny_picture_ugly_asian_guy.jpg

I will see you there. The triumph guys aren't starting until 1pm at Bear, so I'll meet with them later. Add me to the list!

hey guys i just checked out south mountain pass road and its a one lane dirt/gravel road..definitely makes the stadium restaurant out of the way i was thinking The river bank restaurant/ bar in cornwall it has really good reviews and its down the street from 2 alices cafe where we went last time...i just dont know about parking..check out their menu THERIVERBANK.BIZ

Back