Riding on MAY 3RD around bear mtn area...nothing but twisties n scenery!!

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Taking my normal route on thursday, 5/3/12 around Bear mountain, NY...anyone is welcome to join! as the title says these roads are very twisty...goin from decreased radius turns, pretty good back to back sweeps, a lot of elevation changes and the best thing is there is not too much highway miles just the good stuff!!:rockon:

heres the map check it out: THE RIDE

Meeting place: palisades mall parking lot ( gas station close by if u need )
Time: 9:30/10:00

i hope four days prior is good enough time for some people to make it

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a bunch of interviews during the week and helping a friend to remodel bathroom in his house, if I can get it done by Thr, I'm in.:rockon:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a bunch of interviews during the week and helping a friend to remodel bathroom in his house, if I can get it done by Thr, I'm in.:rockon:

Cool sounds good....good luck on ur interviews!:thumbup:

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just there the other day...great ride love, riding up to the top.

Unfortunately work during the weekdays...makes me sad. Have a good and safe ride though!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like an sweet route.. I'm in FL for the week though. Have a great time!

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was just there the other day...great ride love, riding up to the top.

Unfortunately work during the weekdays...makes me sad. Have a good and safe ride though!

Damn i guess a weekday was a bad idea..

Looks like an sweet route.. I'm in FL for the week though. Have a great time!

next time im gunna set this ride up again soon...bring ur MSF class then n they will know the true importance of countersteering and looking throughout a turn!!

im goin to extend this ride invite to the fz6r and fz1 forums too. maybe we'll get some other pplz

Last edited:

MUTCHYMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
All that good stuff you are riding on the west side of the Hudson are my normal routes! I am going to try and make this; but I may have to meet you part way through. What are your riding habits like? Gonna try and gauge your time hacks.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All that good stuff you are riding on the west side of the Hudson are my normal routes! I am going to try and make this; but I may have to meet you part way through. What are your riding habits like? Gonna try and gauge your time hacks.

If people come Im going to assume that people have never hit these roads before so i will take it slow on the twisty parts (40-50mph max on rt 106/rt 17a/rt 218) (rt 301 we can hit a little faster depending on traffic and cops) but on the highways/straights we'll make good timing (70-85mph max)

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
If people come Im going to assume that people have never hit these roads before so i will take it slow on the twisty parts (40-50mph max on rt 106/rt 17a/rt 218) (rt 301 we can hit a little faster depending on traffic and cops) but on the highways/straights we'll make good timing (70-85mph max)

Sounds great. Me and 1-2 friends will join you if we can get the days off. Should know by tomorrow eve.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so far i only see a 20% chance of rain in stony point and carmel (crossing my fingers) if it goes up to 40% or higher i might post pone it:(

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Hey, if it doesn't rain, we'll meet you at your start point at 10ish (will shoot for earlier, but we're coming from brooklyn, so we WILL hit morning traffic).

Tomorrow eve, can you PM me your # so I can call/txt if we're really late etc? -- assuming we'll be on :thumbup:

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
ugh. i have some errands to run in the city that morning and don't think i'd be able to meet you guys until at least 11. probably best i pass instead of rushing or holding you guys up. have fun!

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ride is POSTPONED to either MAY 12 or 13 due to rain! 40% chance tomorrow:(

let me know if these days are good

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
Freaking love these roads. The hairpin on the bottom of bear mtn us a must knee drag kind of corner lol