MAY 12th - Bear Mountain, NY Ride...Twisties and Scenery!! U coming?

NYC675

Reaction score
Visit site
So it turns out I took a rock to the top of my radiator that penetrated it. Causing my bike to leak coolant, overheat and well as you saw, go up in smoke. Going to have to get a new (read: used) radiator (~$400) and putting on a radiator guard this time as well (~$100). The bike will be ready to run again in a week.

As to how a rock was going fast enough to completely penetrate my top radiator...it probably came off QuickFlick's tire during our last high speed bit :Flip:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So it turns out I took a rock to the top of my radiator that penetrated it. Causing my bike to leak coolant, overheat and well as you saw, go up in smoke. Going to have to get a new (read: used) radiator (~$400) and putting on a radiator guard this time as well (~$100). The bike will be ready to run again in a week.

As to how a rock was going fast enough to completely penetrate my top radiator...it probably came off QuickFlick's tire during our last high speed bit :Flip:

damn no way! u had to have caught that on the highway ride goin up to bearmountain...cant try to jb weld it??

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Snap! That sucks, man :(
Does stock setup have no guard at all or just a flimsy one?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm glad I was behind you. I have an air-tight alibi. I would hate to have been the one to damage that beautiful machine. Sorry for your loss, but the radiator guard will be a good addition.

I don't know how QuickFlick can sleep at night after that :D

NYC675

Reaction score
Visit site
damn no way! u had to have caught that on the highway ride goin up to bearmountain...cant try to jb weld it??

Its all circumstantial evidence who knows how it really happened. The radiator is in bad shape so a replacement is the only way to be sure the problem is fixed.

Erci said:
Snap! That sucks, man
Does stock setup have no guard at all or just a flimsy one?

None at all, way to drop the ball Triumph. The radiator is positioned in a way where anything besides small debris would have a really hard time to harm the radiator, but Triumph didn't track test it behind QwickFlick :rof:

trepetti said:
I'm glad I was behind you. I have an air-tight alibi. I would hate to have been the one to damage that beautiful machine. Sorry for your loss, but the radiator guard will be a good addition.

I don't know how QuickFlick can sleep at night after that :D

Thanks for the condolences. As for the damage, its part of bike ownership, don't ride a bike unless your willing to deal with the consequences. In the grand scheme of things that can go wrong on two wheels, I will take a cracked radiator any day. It doesn't change a thing, In a few weeks I will be right behind QuickFlick again armed with a radiator guard so this way he can't stop me!

Live to ride.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry man I didnt mean to make my tire pick up a stone and fling it at ur radiator. I never ment to..u two are making me feel horrible inside:spank:

Next time u lead and I'll be 2nd and I'll have a bullet proof vest on lol

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im going to hold the same ride sometime next month maybe you can join us then! :thumbup:

I'm gonna make that one for sure! This past month I've been dealing with moving and getting ready to transfer. SOOOOOOO ready for a long EPIC ride:thumbup:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm gonna make that one for sure! This past month I've been dealing with moving and getting ready to transfer. SOOOOOOO ready for a long EPIC ride:thumbup:

if quieteagle comes u again u should link up w him so u guys dont ride alone

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Anthony et al, sorry I had to bail early, sounds like I missed some adventures... but family duties called...

As before, I have loads of room for storage and hosting @ file.khandros.info

and the media will show up @ khandros.info

username: fz6
pass: ihategravel

See you next time!

just uploaded all my pics from the day to the site, in case anyone wants to grab them at full size.

@metallicat, thx for the bonus shared video. you wouldn't happen to have volume 1, would you? :rolleyes:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
just uploaded all my pics from the day to the site, in case anyone wants to grab them at full size.

@metallicat, thx for the bonus shared video. you wouldn't happen to have volume 1, would you? :rolleyes:

NP, what's volume 1? The CT ride? Its one folder up under '4-17-2012...'. If other than that... someone would have to upload that.

BTW pics are at fz6.khandros.info... I misspoke before.

... they're generating now :cheer:

NYC675

Reaction score
Visit site
This is classic Keith Code confusion.

There is no movie of volume 1 only volume 2. Volume 1 was an impossibly hard to follow book and volume 2 was a slightly less complex and better organized book. He took teachings from both books and out it into a movie called Twist of the Wrist 2. Why not 1? why not 3? take a look at his books and you'll soon realize most of what he is talking about makes no sense until you realize it makes perfect sense but you still don't really understand it. :confused:

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
This is classic Keith Code confusion.

There is no movie of volume 1 only volume 2. Volume 1 was an impossibly hard to follow book and volume 2 was a slightly less complex and better organized book. He took teachings from both books and out it into a movie called Twist of the Wrist 2. Why not 1? why not 3? take a look at his books and you'll soon realize most of what he is talking about makes no sense until you realize it makes perfect sense but you still don't really understand it. :confused:

ah, thanks for the clarification! :thumbup:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey if anyone wants to practice on any of those roads let me know bc i hit that whole route at least 2 or 3 times a month

NYC675

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry about reviving a dead thread but QuickFlick and I have this thing about doing stupid things in the rain, so last minute this morning we decided to go out in the rain and see what we could do. Put a quick video together of the some of the dryer stuff, turns out riding in the rain doesn't make for good video. But I will say our wet weather riding keeps getting better.

In the first 15 seconds QuickFlick kindly demostrates why you don't break in a corner in the rain while riding a double yellow line. :BLAA: nice save dude!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzjOIK9u4OQ&hd=1"]Rainy Day Riding[/ame]

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice slip and recovery! Thanks for posting up the vid, Mike! :thumbup:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am going to hit your route tomorrow with my brother.

Be on the lookout for a red Bandit and a black FZ6.

Hopefully weather will be nice enough.