MAY 12th - Bear Mountain, NY Ride...Twisties and Scenery!! U coming?

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
made a new thread so there is no confusion..

Taking my normal route on SATURDAY 5/12/12 around Bear mountain, NY area...Anyone is welcome to join!! as the title says some of these roads are very twisty...going from decreased radius turns, pretty good back to back sweeps, a lot of elevation changes and the best thing is there is not too much highway miles just the good stuff!!

Here’s the map check it out: THE RIDE

Meeting place: palisades mall parking lot in front of Lord and Taylor entrance
(gas station close by if u need to top off )

Time: 9:30/10:00

Im hoping the weather holds up…if the chance of rain changes to 40% or higher I will have to post pone it again:(…keep ur fingers cross or do some make it NOT rain dances lol:D

if you are definitely coming please pm me your phone number a day or two before and i will do the same! thanks!

Last edited:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i REALLY want to find me a used fz6!

ride safe.

be well.

rob

be patient n u'll find a good deal! fyi u dont need to have a fz6 to join the ride...u could have a scooter idc as long ur geared up n ride safely :thumbup:

NYC675

Reaction score
Visit site
Ant, I'm going to be out there with some Triumph675.net guys, we don't have a planned route yet but hoping to see you and the FZ6 guys while we're out! If we're lucky we can do a meet and greet! I will txt you when we stop to see if we match up at any point.

robfilms

Reaction score
Visit site
be patient n u'll find a good deal! fyi u dont need to have a fz6 to join the ride...u could have a scooter idc as long ur geared up n ride safely :thumbup:

qf-

it is hard to be patient when i've been waiting 20+yrs to get back on a bike.

ride safe.

be well.

rob

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ant, I'm going to be out there with some Triumph675.net guys, we don't have a planned route yet but hoping to see you and the FZ6 guys while we're out! If we're lucky we can do a meet and greet! I will txt you when we stop to see if we match up at any point.

a meet and greet sounds good...r u goin to hit 301 maybe we can meet at the gas station in carmel and ride up to bear mnt together...idk what time we might be there tho. hopefully we can meet up! how many r u guys? and wat types of bikes should i look out for?:D

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
a meet and greet sounds good...r u goin to hit 301 maybe we can meet at the gas station in carmel and ride up to bear mnt together...idk what time we might be there tho. hopefully we can meet up! how many r u guys? and wat types of bikes should i look out for?:D

Old school honda rebels :) :BLAA:

NYC675

Reaction score
Visit site
Hayabusa's with Yosh Exhausts and 6'' chicken strips ;)

We can have as little as 2 as many as 8. If we have a small group maybe we can combine rides? Your call your route. How many are you expecting?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hayabusa's with Yosh Exhausts and 6'' chicken strips ;)

We can have as little as 2 as many as 8. If we have a small group maybe we can combine rides? Your call your route. How many are you expecting?

I think we only have 3 bikes so far :don'tknow:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im expecting 11 bikes including myself

the tally:
fz6
erci
edgeofnj
metallicat (maybe)
fz6r
bluefang
redprodigy35 +1
sparkxx1
fz1
indeo +2

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
combining groups sounds good but we gotta have a good amount of space between riders in the twisties. people might take different lines, braking points, speeds etc.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Did we do this/part of the route? Coworker of mine suggested:

"Look into Perkins Memorial Drive Off of the Palisades Parkway in Harriman, on any Sunday 1000s of bikes pass thru, it spirals up to the top with a panoramic view, I believe it’s the exit just north of the Anthony Wayne Exit on the Palisades"

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did we do this/part of the route? Coworker of mine suggested:

"Look into Perkins Memorial Drive Off of the Palisades Parkway in Harriman, on any Sunday 1000s of bikes pass thru, it spirals up to the top with a panoramic view, I believe it’s the exit just north of the Anthony Wayne Exit on the Palisades"

yea we did but it was closed remember that gate and we were like wtf lol i asked them through facebook why they were closed and they said bc of the fog to dangerous to ride up the mountain