MAY 12th - Bear Mountain, NY Ride...Twisties and Scenery!! U coming?

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hope everyone got home safe and sound esp nyc675 n quieteagle! i had a great time w/ everyone! i hope you enjoyed the ride! ill put up some picz after i wake up lol :BLAA:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Safe and Sound....thanks for putting the thing together....had a blast and can't wait to see the pics....especially the 1 wheeled Triumph turn :) See you on 106 as I whittle down my chicken strip.

NYC675

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, awesome ride today, can't wait to do it again. I would like to apologize for my bike turning into a British BBQ at Bear Mountain. I got home fine, the bike just overheated really bad (hence all that smoke). Putting it in the shop Monday just to be sure. Thanks for hanging around, lending a flash light and giving me moral support in a difficult time :cheer: You guys are some great riders and great people. See you all in a few weeks!

I'm going to work on getting my video online, I have a short bit of QuickFlick and I going at it that I wanna share!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the cook out. Hope the mechanicals get sorted out. Just make sure they don't muffle that sweet growl from the pipes. Loved riding #3 listening to the soundtrack. Can't wait to do it again.

NYC675

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Uploaded a quick bit of film of Anthony and I. PLEASE make sure to watch it in Full HD, it loads in Standard Def. If you don't know how to do that just click on the the 'gear' looking icon right below the video screen and click 1080p HD. If you watch in full screen you can read my speedo, nothing too crazy, but that was fun!

ENJOY!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzZBhT555jg]Quick-Flicking with QwickFliCk - YouTube[/ame] :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Uploaded a quick bit of film of Anthony and I. PLEASE make sure to watch it in Full HD, it loads in Standard Def. If you don't know how to do that just click on the the 'gear' looking icon right below the video screen and click 1080p HD. If you watch in full screen you can read my speedo, nothing too crazy, but that was fun!

ENJOY!

Fantastic!!! Thanks for posting it up! Sorry we took off without saying good-bye.. had an emergency (my wife's vocabulary shrank to 2 words.. 1. BEER. 2. NOW! .. I know better than to hang around when she gets to that point :rof: )

P.S. you can make your youtube link go to HD mode by adding the following to the link (works everywhere.. not just on forums): &hd=1

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished putting this together.. would have been good to combine footage from others, but I doubt I'll have free time in the near future to do this.. so this'll have to do :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXBr8AXP0Ow&hd=1]FZ6-forum May 12th 2012 Group Ride - YouTube[/ame]

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Safe and Sound....thanks for putting the thing together....had a blast and can't wait to see the pics....especially the 1 wheeled Triumph turn :) See you on 106 as I whittle down my chicken strip.

im glad to here you had a good time! i still dont believe u've been riding just for one month :eek: a couple locals where i live that have been riding for 2 yrs cant even keep up like that! awesome man :thumbup:

Thanks Anthony et al, sorry I had to bail early, sounds like I missed some adventures... but family duties called...

As before, I have loads of room for storage and hosting @ file.khandros.info

and the media will show up @ khandros.info

username: fz6
pass: ihategravel

See you next time!

its cool man family always comes first! :thumbup:

im uploading 4 videos on ur server and the approx. waiting time is 9 hours lol :spank:

Hey guys,

ENJOY!

Quick-Flicking with QwickFliCk - YouTube :rockon::rockon::rockon:

NICE! glad i tucked in my plate cuz i think we goin a tad bit faster than the posted speed limit:D:D

Just finished putting this together.. would have been good to combine footage from others, but I doubt I'll have free time in the near future to do this.. so this'll have to do :)

FZ6-forum May 12th 2012 Group Ride - YouTube

wow that was quick! nice video!:rockon:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
DSCN0633.jpg

DSCN0627.jpg

DSCN0626.jpg

DSCN0625.jpg

DSCN0624.jpg

DSCN0623.jpg

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for leading, anthony. i think i left some skid marks on those twisties and in my boxers! lol! i'll upload some pics in a bit.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
im glad to here you had a good time! i still dont believe u've been riding just for one month :eek: a couple locals where i live that have been riding for 2 yrs cant even keep up like that! awesome man :thumbup:

Yeah, but I learned more yesterday than I could of in 6 months. It was a challenge to try to keep up with you and the Daytona. I'll bet you guys have already forgotten how effortlessly it has become for you. I is great to see it done at such a high level.

Remind me of the things we talked about for mods: the clutch lever and the forks. Really want to get the forks done this season. I am real comfortable with a wrench and it looks manageable.

Also, when I do need service, any advice on shops that I can trust.

Again, thanks for putting it all together and sharing your roads. It will be a real challenge to find comparable ones.

Tom

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Remind me of the things we talked about for mods: the clutch lever and the forks. Really want to get the forks done this season. I am real comfortable with a wrench and it looks manageable.

Also, when I do need service, any advice on shops that I can trust.

Again, thanks for putting it all together and sharing your roads. It will be a real challenge to find comparable ones.

Tom

we also talked about the givi engine gaurds and boosting up your rear shock to 3 or 4

as for service i dont really know... i usually do everything myself...but for parts and gear definitely go to pauldings kawasaki in white plains ny

thanks for leading, anthony. i think i left some skid marks on those twisties and in my boxers! lol! i'll upload some pics in a bit.

np man! thanks for coming! i just googled wat a 10k was n its a marathon lol never knew that. btw great photos man i gotta get myself one of those fancy cameras!!

Good to meet you all! Had a great time riding. Thanks for putting it together Anthony. Hope to do it again soon.

nice to meet u too! thanks for coming n making that long trip. i'll definetly try to set up another ride next month

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
we also talked about the givi engine gaurds and boosting up your rear shock to 3 or 4

as for service i dont really know... i usually do everything myself...but for parts and gear definitely go to pauldings kawasaki in white plains ny

Thanks for the info. give me the details on the fork mods. wha springs did you use? And I recall you saying 10wt fork oil?

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i used hyperpro progressive springs(no specific spring rate) w/ 15w oil due to the fact that no road is perfect. i think theyre great...imho i think you should go with a .90kg front spring rate w/ 10w oil. that will definitely help u with the nose dive issue for sure.

heres a website where you can search which type of spring is perfect for you
go to spring rate search and fill out the info:
Street

hope this helps!:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Made another one.. Ed's pics and Anthony's video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb5odo9HymI&hd=1]FZ6-forum May 12th 2012 Group Ride (part II) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I really wish I could have made this ride. Seems like you guys had a great time on the twisties.

That Triumph is gorgeous!

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I really wish I could have made this ride. Seems like you guys had a great time on the twisties.

That Triumph is gorgeous!

im going to hold the same ride sometime next month maybe you can join us then! :thumbup: