M4 Exhaust (Titanium with Carbon Fiber Tips) on '07 FZ6

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As promised here is a little video and sound sample of the newly installed M4s. :rockon: They are LOUD!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6RHPA7VtTQ&fmt=18"]YouTube - M4s on FZ6 (director's cut available in high quality)[/ame]

Last edited:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
High Quality Version is Ready!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6RHPA7VtTQ&fmt=18"]YouTube - M4s on FZ6 (director's cut available in high quality)[/ame]

Last edited:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
i can't believe the stupidity of the people in that other thread...it sounds bad-ass.
I've had my bike 2 years, heard many 'good' exhausts...not impressed with any of them. even with them in bad aquistic settings, they sounded bad. the M4's sound right on our bikes. maybe scorpions or whatever sound good on most others, but for our bikes, i've only heard the M4's that I think sound pretty good.
I like wavex's quad lasers but for looks only. i sure as hell wasn't going to pop over $400 for something that was 'ok'...but i dont regret this purchase at all from what i've heard on youtube. i can hear it though the distortion and can figure what it can sound in person. maybe i'll find out today :)
still waiting for mine though, but it's ok...i'm moving right now anyways.

SHinNH

Reaction score
Visit site
cant wait to listen to this when I get home from work and before I go install mine Saturday afternoon, just so I can get excited about it.. I will also TRY to come up with something.. either pictures or video... Hopefully both..

Scott

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
i just creamed myself.

haha. first time i fired it up with the new pipes i almost did. now the fizzer sounds like it should but the borough of brentwood whose border is about 100 yards from my house has a few cops who like to pull people over out of boredom. i got pulled last year for tinted windows and had to peel it of the front windows but since then i see about 1 out of every 10 cars with tint and that really chaps my ass. but the ticket was for $110 so i just peeled it instead of fighting it. can i say pricks on here. well i guess i just did. looks like ill be granny shifting through there. if you wanna know what they are like google johnny gammage. he was ex-steeler ray seals cousin who was speeding through brentwood and got pulled over down the street from my house where a couple of brentwood cops strangled him to death. seals left the steelers because of that. Johnny Gammage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia correction: he wasnt speeding, he was actually going the speed limit or slower according to testimony.

Last edited:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
haha. first time i fired it up with the new pipes i almost did. now the fizzer sounds like it should but the borough of brentwood whose border is about 100 yards from my house has a few cops who like to pull people over out of boredom. i got pulled last year for tinted windows and had to peel it of the front windows but since then i see about 1 out of every 10 cars with tint and that really chaps my ass. but the ticket was for $110 so i just peeled it instead of fighting it. can i say pricks on here. well i guess i just did. looks like ill be granny shifting through there.
Sounds like Huntington Beach.

By the way, are you saying you gutted your cat and M4's sound better than regular M4's or M4's versus stock and gutted cat? I'm just asking cus its easy to misunderstand people online.

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like Huntington Beach.

By the way, are you saying you gutted your cat and M4's sound better than regular M4's or M4's versus stock and gutted cat? I'm just asking cus its easy to misunderstand people online.

IMO the m4's sound better with the cat gutted as opposed to without. but it takes some work to get the corrugated titanium out. i tried both ways and it is a noticable difference. is far as i know, i will still pass inspection i was told pa has no emission inspection for bikes.

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
noticed some cracking and fraying on the carbon tips. im pissed but now it solidifies my reasoning for getting titanium. calling pipecity and m4 monday.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
i can't believe the stupidity of the people in that other thread...it sounds bad-ass.
I've had my bike 2 years, heard many 'good' exhausts...not impressed with any of them. even with them in bad aquistic settings, they sounded bad. the M4's sound right on our bikes. maybe scorpions or whatever sound good on most others, but for our bikes, i've only heard the M4's that I think sound pretty good.
I like wavex's quad lasers but for looks only. i sure as hell wasn't going to pop over $400 for something that was 'ok'...but i dont regret this purchase at all from what i've heard on youtube. i can hear it though the distortion and can figure what it can sound in person. maybe i'll find out today :)
still waiting for mine though, but it's ok...i'm moving right now anyways.

I bought them from the look for sure and I am fairly happy with the sound of the lasers :) It sounds like "a pack of mosquitos on steroids" a friend of mine said lol and it fits my bike and myself :rockon:

I was hesitating between the 2 bros, because I simply think they are the best sounding pipes for the fz, but these M4 seem to be good as well. They do stick out too much for my personal taste (I would certainly grind a few inches off the middle pipe), but otherwise awesome!

SHinNH

Reaction score
Visit site
You mentioning tension on springs, reminds me I was going to ask something... A buddy of mine was looking at my m4's and asked how was I going to clamp them onto the y pipe without clamps... I said it appears that they dont use clamps.. just 2 little springs... He was amazed and didnt believe me until I showed him the accesory package.. I too felt wierd about it at first until another friend said the pipes would probably expand some once they got hot...

have you noticed any problems with the pipes slipping or leaking???

Just trying to get a heads up on anything I might need to do to fix it

Scott

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
You mentioning tension on springs, reminds me I was going to ask something... A buddy of mine was looking at my m4's and asked how was I going to clamp them onto the y pipe without clamps... I said it appears that they dont use clamps.. just 2 little springs... He was amazed and didnt believe me until I showed him the accesory package.. I too felt wierd about it at first until another friend said the pipes would probably expand some once they got hot...

have you noticed any problems with the pipes slipping or leaking???

Just trying to get a heads up on anything I might need to do to fix it

Scott
i keep listening for leaks but cant really hear any. oh where the ypipe clamps to the stock pipe i noticed moisture dripping out so i figured i wont tighten them further so the moisture wont collect inside the pipe.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought them from the look for sure and I am fairly happy with the sound of the lasers :) It sounds like "a pack of mosquitos on steroids" a friend of mine said lol and it fits my bike and myself :rockon:

I was hesitating between the 2 bros, because I simply think they are the best sounding pipes for the fz, but these M4 seem to be good as well. They do stick out too much for my personal taste (I would certainly grind a few inches off the middle pipe), but otherwise awesome!
You just needed the airbox mod...not sure if I mentioned it to you. :thumbup: your lasers would have truly been kick ass with that.

they stick out too much for me too...but if you look at this picture you can see that the pipe is at an angle, which might make it impossible (unless its possible to bend it...not sure how thick that pipe it is). maybe the OEM part around the cat is cut-able but its SST which would be hard to bend.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
By the way, you can see in that picture how horrible the T is. The scorpions or two brothers have an actual Y by having the longer end go to the further side and shorter T end the shorter end...meaning more even distribution of exhaust (left/right).

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
By the way, you can see in that picture how horrible the T is. The scorpions or two brothers have an actual Y by having the longer end go to the further side and shorter T end the shorter end...meaning more even distribution of exhaust (left/right).

i played around with putting my hand over the tip and the pressure is close to equal but noticeable. i wonder if anyone will reverse the pipes so the logo is on the inside?:confused: