Tiger US-800 carbon exhaust (before & after)

Sl!pstream

XJ Fanboy
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks, I'm new to the board and the FZ world but thought I would give some feedback on an exhaust that I purchased. After a short period of ownership I decided the stock exhaust had to go!

After looking around online and watching some videos I landed on an exhaust by a company called Tiger Exhaust Systems. They are located in Turkey and I couldn't really find any third party info about them (they sell direct to consumer as opposed to through retailers), but their product looked and sounded good so I decided to take a risk on it for $600 shipped.

After receiving and installing the exhaust, here are my impressions. I'll start of with my gripes first.
-Instructions: None were included! This made figuring out how some parts (like the exhaust clamp hanger) went on a little confusing at first.
-Build quality: overall I am pretty impressed with the product but there are some areas that could use improvement. The badge on the right hand muffler overlaps a bit with the clamp and there is a blemish in one spot in the resin (luckily not super noticeable except up close, will update with more pics later).
-Description: This exhaust is marketed as a carbon fiber exhaust (which it technically is), but it is actually appears to be stainless steel internals with a thick carbon fiber outer shell. For this reason, its not absurdly light like I would expect a solely carbon fiber muffler to be. Not sure if that is common with other carbon exhausts in the same price range.

Now for the good things:
-Sound: WOW! This exhaust sounds AWESOME! Smooth and not raspy at all even without baffles installed. It has gotten a lot of compliments already from both fellow riders and car enthusiasts from multiple clubs I hang around.
-Looks: I would argue this exhaust is one of the best looking exhausts available for the FZ6. This exhaust coupled with the fender eliminator I installed at the same time, completes this bike. It looks phenomenal.

Currently my FZ is being dyno tuned with a power commander 5 by EDR Performance, so we will see what kind of numbers it puts down hopefully this week! I'll post more pictures once I get the bike back, but for now here's a few I took with my iPotato4 :D

5pVv90O.jpg

oODQRUB.jpg

DTf4aLw.jpg

YtLrJoL.jpg

KsuQdrt.jpg

owTKFEX.jpg

Sl!pstream

XJ Fanboy
Reaction score
Visit site
e2494b2dae9d4c537141a47eaad0913f6732f4839e20513804ad74f4fa7d28be.jpg

DYNO RESULTS ARE IN!!!

Running Power Commander V hardware with a custom map from EDR Performance for the Tiger slip-on, some very nice numbers were achieved! Midrange power feels great, the torque curve is very flat so the power feels very linear. I clocked 155 MPH (indicated) after the tune (on a closed course, of course). I may add the power commander wideband "autotune" module in the future to adjust for altitude and changes in air density (I think a standard PCV bypasses the exhaust sensor feedback loop). Here's the exact data! [MENTION=15974]FinalImpact[/MENTION] we have to meet up sometime soon so you can check this setup out, Im really curious about your bike too! :rockon:

cDpSPtg.jpg

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Of all the FZ6's with an aftermarket exhaust, I can't recall one ever being a Tiger. You might be the only one. I have a Remus, they are rare for the FZ6, but there are still a small handful of them installed around the world.

Sl!pstream

XJ Fanboy
Reaction score
Visit site
Of all the FZ6's with an aftermarket exhaust, I can't recall one ever being a Tiger. You might be the only one. I have a Remus, they are rare for the FZ6, but there are still a small handful of them installed around the world.

Tiger is a small manufacturer, and are apparently completely unheard of in the western hemisphere. Even in Europe they are relatively unknown. There's better exhausts out there in terms of weight (I know akropovic titanium is very light, and probably other true full carbon fiber units), but for what I paid I am VERY happy with the product. It gets tons of compliments, even the race shop that tuned my bike had positive remarks about it.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You should arrange to meet up with Randy (Final Impact) and Mark (MxGolf) and compare your exhausts. I usually make a trip out to PDX each summer as well.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm here! Well now, looks like you're bringin an S2 to the table so ya, I'd be up for a playing somewhere. Mx is looking to get a ride in Sunday, but its not finalized yet.

I'm on an S2 also and it may or may not have some mods. Mark (mx) on an 07, me an 08 with as self Tune on a Bazzaz unit vs our local Performance Shop. The little fizzer is pretty lively! It comes on way better than it did stock!

I sent a friend request so I can find you again! I've found lots of fun places over the years.

Dvan5693

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't stock fz6's usually put down like 90whp stock?

Looks awesome though and a fair price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
They use a DynoJet 250 dyno. Location is maybe 200/300 feet above see level. That said, many shops use different correction factors when displaying the data. Hence the reason its likely low. That said, its also why its wise to do all tuning and return to the same dyno during the same weather conditions as previous runs as you stand a better chance of comparing gains/losses vs different dyno under different conditions....

Go to their youtube channel - EDRPerformance and look at some of the rice bikes .... Ya, leaving that typo! lol

I will say thanks OP for including the AFR of 13.0:1 across the baseline as that is the MAP my Z-AFM is dialing in at the moment! Its its Pulling pretty good! Not that I would drag race OP or anything.... :spank:

Sl!pstream

XJ Fanboy
Reaction score
Visit site
I will say thanks OP for including the AFR of 13.0:1 across the baseline as that is the MAP my Z-AFM is dialing in at the moment! Its its Pulling pretty good! Not that I would drag race OP or anything.... :spank:

The tune was done on premium pump gas as opposed to regular. It seems odd for yamaha to recommend low octane fuel on such a high compression engine, so maybe the ignition needs to be advanced to take advantage of the higher octane fuel. I sent you a PM by the way!

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
The tune was done on premium pump gas as opposed to regular. It seems odd for yamaha to recommend low octane fuel on such a high compression engine, so maybe the ignition needs to be advanced to take advantage of the higher octane fuel. I sent you a PM by the way!
That's very true. From the time that Randy has spent working on this motor and analyzing the ignition signal, it's safe to advance 4-5 degrees so long as you're already using (and continue to use) premium fuel. I've got an extra trigger plate sitting at my house to advance my timing once I get back from school. From what Randy has said, it really wakes the bike up.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's very true. From the time that Randy has spent working on this motor and analyzing the ignition signal, it's safe to advance 4-5 degrees so long as you're already using (and continue to use) premium fuel. I've got an extra trigger plate sitting at my house to advance my timing once I get back from school. From what Randy has said, it really wakes the bike up.

True Dat! ^^ Throttle Response is AWESOME!

O/T sorta, but reply to PM: Clockwise is the cranks direction and actions taken to the trigger wheel should ALSO move it clockwise!
- Does the trigger thread not say which direction cranky spins? Mines at 11.5° at 1300 RPM (5.0° stock) and that is the limit on pump gas. What I see now is that 1st and 2nd limit the total advance compared to 3rd on up! Does PC5 support FZ6 Ignition module? If so, it should be purchased and slay the beast properly.... But only if it supports maps for every gear. Otherwise its useless.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Copy that ^^!
I've got some errands to run yet after 200 mile ride today with MxGolf (Mark). But I reply to PM.

Sl!pstream

XJ Fanboy
Reaction score
Visit site
Copy that ^^!
I've got some errands to run yet after 200 mile ride today with MxGolf (Mark). But I reply to PM.

Didn't see anything in my inbox, but I did some research on the PCV tonight, and they do have an ignition module but it's not listed on the page specifically for the FZ6 on their website. Nor did I find out if ignition can be adjusted independent of each gear. I'm now realizing if I adjust the ignition I'll probably have to get dyno tuned all over again so the maps aren't way off, so thats another few hundred on top of the couple hundred I would pay for the ignition module. :eek: