Leo-Vince Technical install help – please...

v1jay

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi chaps - my first post and it is a head scratcher for me:confused::confused: I purchased a Leo-Vince Exhaust System for my 2006 FZ6-N only to find that the supplied De-Cat pipe does not fit my original collector pipe..

The supplied Leo Vince de-cat pipe has a diameter of 45mm [which is correct], and my stock collector pipe is ~45mm too. When i pair them together, ready for fitting, they sit on top of each other [obviously?] - one does not slide on top of the other as it should. The original Stock Catalyst pipe had a diameter of round ~50mm? Is this the standard diameter of this model bike\year..?

I have pulled my bike apart twice now, and still cannot seem to get the de-cat pipe to fit the original stock collector pipe. Has anyone else come across such an issue, when fitting this particular brand of exhaust? The supplier has also confirmed that the Kit i purchased is correct for my bike.

Any help would be most appreciated.

I have also attached some pics for visuals.... i’m hoping someone has come across this problem, as i really don’t want to send these bad boys back...

Thanks in advance, cheers

vj

---

v1jay

Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing to do but get in touch with the manufacturer. They messed up.

Fred
Hi Fred - The manufacture claims the Kit is correct, ART. 7155A for Yamaha 2006 FZ6-N. I have also compared the sizes of the pipes to LV’s fitting documentation and everything seems correct?? Could it be my bike..?

Thanks for your input, cheers...

vj

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I know whats happened, the gasket that usually sits inside the cat has been left behind when you removed it, you should be able to pry off the old fibrous gasket then the eliminator pipe will just slip in to place.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I know whats happened, the gasket that usually sits inside the cat has been left behind when you removed it, you should be able to pry off the old fibrous gasket then the eliminator pipe will just slip in to place.

that is exactly the problem, i saw this thread and ran downstairs to look at my stock cat that i took off for my leo's. Note the picture of the gasket still in my stock cat.

v1jay

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Ashbone / reiobard - I had thought about removing the fitted stock gasket, but resisted in case it still did not fit the collector pipe. I would then had to re-fit the stock pipes, but without the gasket :eek:

I may........just bite the bullet this afternoon, and remove the gasket to try fitting the Leo’s again – straight after i have got my fix of Formula One first, which has just started :thumbup:

I'v added a few more pics i took the 2nd time around, this is the gasket i shall be lopping off... looks different to your reiobard?

Thanks again guys, cheers...

vj

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Just pry the thing off it can't be on that tight, I'm sure you won't wreck it.

Good luck with the install and I hope you have DB killers cos they are wicked loud pipes on any sort of run!!

v1jay

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick update chaps - I removed the Gasket and the de-cat pipe slipped right on, perfectly! The tail tidy and top fitting was a little tricky to fit with the Leo’s and I also left out the LV’s Tee fitting where the stock Fender would off attached too, as i have a FAZFZ6 Fender Kit.

I took the bike for a spin shortly after fitting the pipes, without the DB Killers in. I rode through several villages and noticed loads of people stopping and staring at me [probably thinking that is one flipping LOUD machine :D]. Made me think it’s probably a bit too much without DB K’s for me, i’m not used to people looking at me when riding:rolleyes:

Have you guys also noticed your bike now idle’s a little off key after fitting the Leo’s? My bike is Idling between 1180 - 1480 now, as opposed to 1250 - 1380. The Idle Tweak screw has no effect either since the Leo’s have been fitted.

So to sum up - all sorted now...and thanks so much again fella’s for a Top Draw service!!:rockon:

Cheers, vj