Exhaust mount not compatible?

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
So I actually have 2 questions which I hope you guys can assist me with, 1st of all obviously is the exhaust mount which it seems like it's not compatible! I can feel some vibration at high RPM's and I'm almost certain that this is the issue, I'm attaching a photo below for any ideas you guys have that can fix my issue(The exhaust on the bike is Leo Vince). And number 2, my bike runs hot sometimes I recently cleaned my injectors and fuel pump and the 4 screws under the tank that adjust A/F mixture (I think!) were obviously messed up by the previous owner, after asking him he said he has no idea what was the stock position of those, the 4 screws are definitely messed up and I'm thinking that's what makes the bike overheat (by overheating I mean 120 degrees Celsius but it only happens at midday which is very hot here where I live - Cyprus) I need to take the bike for TB sync so I can be certain that those screws are adjusted well right?

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 10

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
So I might be missing a part of the mount? If I understood correctly I need to somehow find a piece that will connect those 2?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I might be missing a part of the mount? If I understood correctly I need to somehow find a piece that will connect those 2?
Welcome to this great forum!
It may be that the exhaust has been tweaked or the aftermarket exhaust does not line up or the sequence of installing the exhausted was disregarded and that misalignment is the result.
Gary in NJ is saying you can make a piece or have one made to bridge the span and secure the exhaust.
Your other issue if I'm reading correctly, is those screws at the throttle bodies are the TB adjustment screws. You can't calculate where they're supposed to be set without gauges.
If you feel the bike is running hot there are so many reasons for running hot. Is your fan coming on? Are you in stop n go traffic in very hot weather. Is your radiator clear of dust and oil that could block air flow. Is your coolant new and clean at the proper 50:50 ratio? Is your thermostat opening/operating at the proper temperature? Are the internal coolant paths clear of sludge and scale?

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
I appreciate the clarification for the exhaust! So about my other issue, I have changed my coolant and also flashed the radiator, about the coolant it was a ready mixtured coolant and I just poured it inside. I will post a picture of it right now you can see and let me know if it's a "cheap" one I'm not sure how much it costed a friend of mine brought it for me. Fans are coming on right at 100 Celsius and well yeah the weather is very hot in Cyprus and there are loads of stops for the bike. (plus yes, I will take the bike for a TB sync)

Attachments

• IMG_20230709_201341.jpg
    IMG_20230709_201341.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 1

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It'd be cheaper to get a Morgan Carbtune TBS tool than to pay someone.

And you know it's done correctly...

It's not terribly difficult, there's many threads here about it...

You can make your own tool but IMO, the Carbtune is much easier to use, no fluids to dink with, etc..

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
It'd be cheaper to get a Morgan Carbtune TBS tool than to pay someone.

And you know it's done correctly...

It's not terribly difficult, there's many threads here about it...

You can make your own tool but IMO, the Carbtune is much easier to use, no fluids to dink with, etc..

Much appreciated man! I had no idea this tool exists, all the things I searched up were about 200 or more! Will do thanks for the info!