LED accent lighting

Are they Gay?

• Total voters

pester

pester
Reaction score
Visit site
I used white ones on mine. I don't turn them on too much. I thought that it would be good in a practical sense. If you had a mechanical problem at night you can turn them on and have a better chance of seeing what is wrong. They do look good when they are on. Have to try and post a pic next time.

I wanna do blue on mine

bthames2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Just as a general rule, follow the light patterns of your car. No flashing unless it's for signaling or emergency purposes. Red and amber in the rear, amber and white in the front. No white light emitting from the rear is a law in almost every state. I'd also say that most cops won't waste their time. I say that as a cop. However, there's always that one guy.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I am, and have been for years now, ob-friggen-sessed with LED lighting, LED accent lighting, RGB accent lighting, and any control hardware and software I can get my hands on (or make!) With that said, I feel I have an unbiased opinion towards the subject, because not only do I have LEDs on my fizz, but I have them behind me tv, xbox, computer, under my work bench, in my car: literally everywhere.

I threw some pictures and videos onto this post to show some of the RGB projects I've made. Almost all are custom, some more than others. With the "recent" creation of the LED strips with arrays of diodes in parallel - my emphasis has shifted from the load, to the driver, to where I am presently investing most of my time and research: control.

There are many great drivers out there, with many great loads - but control software and hardware seems few and far between. I have adapted a number of different configurations as well as come up with a number of my own.

All pictures and videos were setups created by myself, bodged from available parts and made from scratch, fully interoperable with any windows 7 system to control from. I should also stress these are only my more successful setups hehe.

Home RGB Accent Lighting:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WanadAK3_Y]RGB Addressable Script Able Home Accent Lighting - YouTube[/ame]
View attachment 51786
View attachment 51787

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuuIlOYvyHk]Arduino - RGB - PWM - 8bit - Shift Registers - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN9S-1lbnKM]Automated Hue Shift - 1amp 24vdc RGB - YouTube[/ame]
View attachment 51788

Bike LED Kit
View attachment 51790

View attachment 51791

If anybody has any questions or wants to get involved in some RGB projects, I am in constant demand for electrical engineers, embedded engineers, and PCB designers to help develop these projects! I am am currently involved in a number of LED projects and would love to share my knowledge and experience as well as learn from others' experience

(ps this is my kind of thread!)

Last edited:

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
I do like LEDs as long as placed in a wise way. As for now I did my fender eliminator and decided to make the FZ6 sign a little more visible.

1jj1.jpg

I'll be thinking of making windscreen Yamaha logo backlit with some white LED.

scidork

Reaction score
Visit site
It might be neat if you, or someone else, did something like this where the glass (maybe plastic would work but I'm not too good with optics) is etched so that when light travels through the glass like a fiber optic fiber, it defracts. This effectively illuminates the design etched and makes it look to be self illuminating.

illuminated%20glass%20clock%20small.jpg

more examples here

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
There might be a small issue with this idea, which is great. The logo is small in size and there won't be enough space to make it this way.

scidork

Reaction score
Visit site
That's just a really large example (the first I came to since I wasn't confident that I could accurately describing). Usually I've seen them as desk trinkets not much more than 2 inches wide and tall. I think the larger problem would be finding out if the windscreen material itself would diffract too much or would highlight every bug splat and scratch.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As long as it is safe and brings positive attention to you, it's a good thing.
It's pretty much common knowledge that you are likely to get negative attention from LEOs with blue lighting for obvious reasons.
blue-warning-lights-flashing.gif

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Accent lights increase visibility.
Please visit the blog in my signature for a few pics.

And I prefer OPT7 kit underglow kit from eBay. I'm very much satisfied with their customer service and a business day response.

I personally like it and I always use cool white or warm white on my Raven.

52pickup

Reaction score
Visit site
I had an uncle who loved LEDs. He's Boston born and raised and no sissy. But he had a huge ride... and it seemed to fit.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had an uncle who loved LEDs. He's Boston born and raised and no sissy. But he had a huge ride... and it seemed to fit.
Lol!......I'm still trying to figure out why you're uncle might be considered a sissy cuz he liked LEDs?

Sent from Moto's Motorola

thisisdylan

Reaction score
Visit site
are there LED brake lights without integrated blinkers? i have that ebay fender elim on the way, and i'd rather use those LED blinkers down by the plate.

thisisdylan

Reaction score
Visit site
^ hey thanks, that one looks really nice. if i can't find a better / cheaper smoked one, i think i'll get it. and maybe add one of those brake flasher relays.