LED accent lighting

Are they Gay?

• Total voters

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking of adding some LED lights to the FZ, but my roomate seems to think he and everyone thinks thats a stupid idea so im taking a poll.

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
shoulda made your post a poll, easier for you to see the results.

anyhoo... I'd say no on the LED accent lights. Unless you really really like them...it's your bike after all.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
ghey.

but if you want to, go for it!
dont let other people tell you what to do with your bike!

i saw some custom sportbikes at an moto show once. they had custom paint schemes (like animals and faces) and custom lighting.
not my thing, but you got to admire the skill and dedication there!

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive seen bikes with them that i just absolutey hated then ive seen some that i have liked....the biggest reason for the poll is just to see what other ppl think about them, not really to help me decide.

sweber_7

Reaction score
Visit site
I have them on my bike and really like the looks of them. It was a lot of work to wire them up but I think it was worth it in the end.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dammit! Trick question... I hit No and meant don't do it, so I should have been a Yes. ;)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I did some white LED underglow lighting that give a nice and subtle white 'glow'. I've been riding with it on during dark morning rides into work. technically I suppose it's illegal, but mine is white light (not blue or green or red) and it is subtle, but give a little added visibility.

Boneman's FZ6 Site - LED Underglow

DSCF4845.JPG

DSCF4841.JPG

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As Boneman mentioned, check with your local laws, as most of these type of lightings are illegal. It's a very popular thing to do here in Vegas, especially with the Harley's. Most of the cops will ignore them as it's a secondary thing, but if you get pulled over for something else, you're just allowing them to write another ticket, usaally called a fix it ticket. At least allow yourself to have the ability to turn them on and off with a switch, just in case.