Latest FZ8 Pics!

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! Not feeling that bike at all. Someone please tell me why Yamaha continues to make those ugly exhausts!

Very happy that I already put money down on a Street Triple R!!!!!!!!

Give us a full report when you get the new ride. The STR is the only bike that has my attention these days. My FZ6 is less than a year old so I'll have to keep it a bit longer. The Triumph's headlights are kinda ugly and you need to spend about $400 to get the flyscreen\windscreen combo but, otherwise, I like it.

Tim

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seems like it's time to upgrade, I've always wanted to secretly upgrade to a FZ1, but my missus will certainly pick up on fairing difference of the FZ1 vs the FZ6. This one is PERFECT, sure the undertail exhaust has been removed but I know she won't pick up on that.
:BLAA:
If it comes in the 2007 Blue color.... I'm golden, yeah.... sweet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Visit site
I really hate that they got rid of the under tail exhaust. That is one of my favorite fz6 features. Maybe a new Gen III FZ1 will not only get a newer R1 engine but also the R1's exhaust? I would almost certainly go with the FZ1 then.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
why do people think those big fart can style exhausts look cool??? seriously, that muffler looks like it belings on the rear end of a honda civic..

but anyways.. the bike on the yamaha site looks like a beefed up fz6 anyways. loving the radial brakes (someone correct me if those arnt) and it looks like the suspension will have some adjustables.. however i dont see any place near the front wheel whee you can adjust it, but it could be located elsewhere.. but the damn seat is still at an angle.. and im not seeing the center stand..

and i miss the undertail exhaust too...

edit: one other quick thing. maybe our friends from across the pond can help.. do you have the fz6 and the fazer 6 out there?? i thought the "fazer" line was for europe and the "fz" line was for the states?? the site said something about be ready for the fz8 and the fazer 8.. didnt know if someone could explain the possible difference..

Last edited:

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
those brakes aren't radial

if the front suspension is adjustable like the FZ1 one is then is performed with the bolts on the upper part of the forks

traditionally the naked version hasn't had the center stand from the factory

regarding the terms fz6 and fazer is simple

in the states yamaha have sold it as the fz6

in europe and the rest of the world where both naked and semi faired versions are available they are called fz6 and fz6 fazer or simply fazer respectively

I still don't get why you guys in the states only got one version and here in my thirld world country both versions have been available since their introduction :D

Cheers from Colombia!!!

FLuK28

Reaction score
Visit site
Give us a full report when you get the new ride. The STR is the only bike that has my attention these days. My FZ6 is less than a year old so I'll have to keep it a bit longer. The Triumph's headlights are kinda ugly and you need to spend about $400 to get the flyscreen\windscreen combo but, otherwise, I like it.

Tim

I definitely will. I didn't like the headlights at first either, but they definitely grow on you. They come to set the bike apart and distinguish it from everything else out there. As you mentioned it does look a lot better with the windscreen and visor. I always wondered what it would look like with some type of upper fairing.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody have any thoughts why the exhaust headers look so contrived?

My idea would be for a full fairing that will be more based on an R6 style. As with those leaked pics, you can see the faired version has a sporty lower cowl that combines with those pipes.

And Spock is quite right, the naked never has a centerstand, but it has always been an option. Hope it comes with one, a centerstand is godly. Still no word or hint of it even coming to north america.

I am in love with the thought of the bigger motor but not to large as in my province I pay insurance on cc's (which is the stupidest idea ever thought of). An FZ1 for myself being only 21 is close to $3500 a year, where as my 600 is only $700... Hoping this will be closer to the 6 than the 1. Still upgrading my 6 this year though!!

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Official picture of the FZ8 revealed last night on yamaha motor europe website

2010 Yamaha FZ8, Fazer 8

This is more appealing to me, than the Kawasaki Z1000, or the Suzuki B King. All that extra cladding around the radiator is usless stuff, IMHO. The only thing it will do is get busted off when the bike falls. Lipstick on a pig.

Z1000:
z1000.jpg

B King:
bking.png

If Kawa, or Suzuki brought in smaller displacement versions of these bikes, they would continue the (IMHO) freakish styling that is mainly utterly useless.

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
This is more appealing to me, than the Kawasaki Z1000, or the Suzuki B King. All that extra cladding around the radiator is usless stuff, IMHO. The only thing it will do is get busted off when the bike falls. Lipstick on a pig.

Z1000:

B King:

If Kawa, or Suzuki brought in smaller displacement versions of these bikes, they would continue the (IMHO) freakish styling that is mainly utterly useless.

I personally think that Z1000 would be more attractive if it didn't have those angular odd shaped mirrors and as for that BKing - wtf is that sticking out of its arse??

The Z1000 is actually a good example of the direction I thought Yamaha would take.. something new designed with a fresh mind.. not rehashed.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I personally think that Z1000 would be more attractive if it didn't have those angular odd shaped mirrors and as for that BKing - wtf is that sticking out of its arse??

The Z1000 is actually a good example of the direction I thought Yamaha would take.. something new designed with a fresh mind.. not rehashed.

If a company is going to build a naked bike..... then it should be naked. When all of that stuff is added around the rads, and hanging off the sides of the 'fuel tank'.... it is so very nearly aerodynamically the same as a fairing that it makes no difference.

Naked bikes make a much smaller 'hole in the ai'r when the bike/rider passes through it..... a fairing does not in fact make a bike faster, at speeds less than 90 MPH or so. Nakeds appeal to me for the 90+% of the time I am doing less than 100 MPH. Less damage in a fall, less expense intially, less turbulence around the helmet.

All of those points are rendered moot, with all of the crud stuck on the sides of these bikes.

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm gonna miss the undertail exhaust :( That's one of the FZ6's main features that I liked. Wish they would have done something like Triumph did on the dtreet triple 'R' - they have the standered undertail, or if the buyer wants somethign different, there's a 3-into-1 lower side exhaust that can be fitted.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
People? It's not an FZ6. It's not a FZ6 replacement, that was the FZ6R. It 's a new class of bike and is a replica right off the same production line as the FZ1. Undertail exhaust wasn't on the FZ1 and will not be on this bike because they are one in the same. This is the FZ1 motor (strongest rumors have implied several times) that has been sleeved to reduce the bike to 800cc's. This isn't an upscaled FZ6 replacement, it is a downscaled FZ1 replica. ;)

The undertail exhaust was "done away with" when the FZ6R came out.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the overall look, but I prefer the undertail exhaust.

It looks a little like the FZ1.

Still like it but the exhaust is a sticking point for me.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^^ from the article
Yamaha is expected to release further details on the FZ8 in March. Don’t look forward to seeing it make it to North America however. Yamaha U.S.A. says the FZ8 will likely be too expensive to bring America where the market for naked bikes is too small.

:(:(:(
still hopeful for the faired version to be released in the usa

Trebor

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone remember this old ride,(one of the first bikes I would have killed for!) had they kept this idea progressing, I think most would agree an 800 would not even be a consideration now. I think all but Suzuki missed the boat on this one years ago. Not necessarily a super bike but a good, slightly faster better handling FZ6 if you will.

Just my 2....:D

This is the only pic I can find of my old FZ750 bought new in 1987. Beautiful bike, and in stock form had it off the clock at 250km/hr (indicated). On the track handled beautifully, but due to the 16 inch front wheel was prone to the odd tankslapper on the road.
FZ750.jpg

Should get a photo of my son (now 25) sitting on the FZ6 lol

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's rediculous that they won't bring a naked bike to the states. There has been some nice recent success in the US with naked bikes. Between Buells, Triumphs, Suzuki, etc... there are plenty of other naked bikes out there that are being bought up. I understand it may not be the bulk of the bikes they'll sell, but it's obvious there is a demand for it here. I think it's foolish of them to not bring it here, but I suppose that is just my opinion.