Laid it down...

mistereman1

Reaction score
Visit site
First off I'd like to say thank you everyone. Frame sliders are going to be on their way soon!! I can live with 90% of the damage.

In regards to the scenario...

How far was the deer??

I can't put an exact measure on it but from my judgement 100 feet or so. I'm really bad with judging. From my perspective, if I would have continued my speed I would have smacked the deer right near the middle.

Traction break suddenly?

Yes, very suddenly. Instantaneously in fact. I applied pressure and before I knew I was on the ground. Front tire did not skip or anything, just let go.

How long was I on the brakes??

Approximately 90 feet lol. I estimate my speed at knee to pavement interface around 30 mph.

Stock tires?

Yes, I do not trust these tires whatsoever anymore. I felt comfortable on them but now I don't trust them. Still have plenty of tread.

Warmed up?

Yes, I had been riding for about 10 miles on the freeway, even did some weaves when I left work.

Road surface??

Dry and clean. I would put the air temp at 70 F.

I also noticed my entire fairing is slightly tweaked, its angled to the left a little.

In regards to the holding on and hitting the deer, IMO I would rather slide down the road than hit a deer.

That is a pretty thorough description of what happened. If only you had included the wind speed/direction, humidity, and visibility, then we could possibly figure out what went wrong:justkidding:!!!

Actually I figure it was mostly the deer's fault for not crossing at a properly marked deer crossing with a sign and all! Sh*t happens, at least you were still around to ride it home. Take care.

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
:shakehead: oh eli what are we gonna do with you? jp man I'm really glad your alright and after seeing the bike last night it aint that bad you'll have your baby back into shape in no time. Was it a good buck? cuz I gotta say if it had a serious rack on it I mighta comtemplated hitting it just to stuff it and mount it :rockon:

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
ha thanks buddy. no it was some stupid doe!!

as for a side note... this entire event from seeing the deer to hitting the ground was under 2 seconds. I saw the deer grabbed the brakes and was on the ground wondering what the hell happened.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, I did not have coverage for gear on my old policy... but leathers can take a serious beating... I am still wearing the same leather jacket and pants after 3 crashes :D makes me look badass :rof:

I did get $1000 for my gear from the other party's insurance in my last accident though (even though my own insurance did not cover this).

That is dumb, i would pitch it this way, If i wasn't wearing gear then the hospital bill would have been more than the gear, are you saying that you would rather pay for my hospital bills next time because now my gear is trashed and you aren't going to replace it?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oh yeah, and glad that you are ok, get the insurance to pay you for everything and then do the work yourself, you can get some cool mods with the money and make your bike even better!!!

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Glad to hear that you're ok, even if the bike is scarred a bit. It definitely could have been worse. Much worse. At least you should be able to replace what is damaged on the bike and make it like new again.

As for the frame slider comments in this post, I have to agree. I don't have them on my bike yet, but they have been ordered and will hopefully be in within a day or two.

X

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
ha thanks buddy. no it was some stupid doe!!

as for a side note... this entire event from seeing the deer to hitting the ground was under 2 seconds. I saw the deer grabbed the brakes and was on the ground wondering what the hell happened.

yea doe's are far less cunning as they don't have to survive being shot at every year lol....mostly by guys like us :thumbup: