Just plain stupid

sweber_7

Reaction score
Visit site
This mornign was absolutely beautiful so i decided to wear shorts and ride my bike to school as I usually do. I went and pushed the bike out of the garage and turned it on while I closed the garage door and put on the helmet. For some odd reason I backed the bike out so i would have to do a u-turn on the lawn to get out the driveway. Not even thinking i hoped on a did a u-turn on my very dew soaked lawn. Needless to say I didn't get to far. We went down so fast i couldn't even put my foot down. I was unhurt just a small cut on my hand, but my bike was covered in grass and dirt. When I picked it up i realized just how lucky I was. The only thing wrong with the bike was the brake pedel was bent. I was very pleased with the performance of the frame sliders. I was just so mad that i had to walk into school all wet and muddy :spank:

Last edited by a moderator:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Just plan stupid

This mornign was absolutely beautiful so i decided to wear shorts and ride my bike to school as I usually do. I went and pushed the bike out of the garage and turned it on while I closed the garage door and put on the helmet. For some odd reason I backed the bike out so i would have to do a u-turn on the lawn to get out the driveway. Not even thinking i hoped on a did a u-turn on my very dew soaked lawn. Needless to say I didn't get to far. We went down so fast i couldn't even put my foot down. I was unhurt just a small cut on my hand, but my bike was covered in grass and dirt. When I picked it up i realized just how lucky I was. The only thing wrong with the bike was the brake pedel was bent. I was very pleased with the performance of the frame sliders. I was just so mad that i had to walk into school all wet and muddy :spank:

wearing shorts???? really you should be :spank::spank:

but glad you wern't hurt too bad

J

jsteinb95

I bet if you hadn't been wearing shorts, that wouldn't have happened. :D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Don't dew it again! :mad:

Just kidding, glad you're mostly okay! :thumbup:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site

Just have to get this out of the way:

Dont be a :squid:!

Wear your gear, as you can now attest, you never know when you'll go down. ATGATT!

That being said. Glad you were okay and there was minimal FZ damage.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I bet if you hadn't been wearing shorts, that wouldn't have happened. :D

there is a lot of truth to that, when i am wearing less gear than normal i find myself much more nervous on the bike and that is when you make mistakes.

Glad that you are ok and the bike is also good.

hoser183

Member Minimus
Reaction score
www.reflectiveessence.com
I feel for you... I am still awaiting my frame sliders... ordered them over a month ago and apparently they are back ordered. I was going to a job the other day on my bike, and the driveway was plugged up with vehicles. So I went around on the lawn and planned to come up on the driveway around the vehicles. Only one problem... the asphalt was poured unevenly and where it met the grass where I was coming up there was a 3 inch lip. Needless to say with the back tire on damp grass there was no way it was going over that lip. I applied the brakes and thought I might lose it. But I thought of all the "wet grass" posts on this forum and kept my cool. I managed to back the bike up to a better spot without losing footing. All ended up well. Whew. Note to self: stay off the lawn. :spank:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Glad to hear you are ok and I guess you understand now that it is comfortable BUT dumb to wear shorts to ride a bike.

This is what road rash looks like................... and no it is not me because I always wear my gear.

Yes it does look painful doesn`t it? This is from a cycle and not a motorbike. Motorbike road rash quite often goes down to the bone.

Don`t think it can`t happen to you because it so easily can.

Steve

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site

Sounds like you need a little practice in clutch and throttle control. When I lived with my parents, I'd routinely turn around, and drive away in wet grass without a problem.

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site

Glad to hear you are ok and I guess you understand now that it is comfortable BUT dumb to wear shorts to ride a bike.

This is what road rash looks like................... and no it is not me because I always wear my gear.

Yes it does look painful doesn`t it? This is from a cycle and not a motorbike. Motorbike road rash quite often goes down to the bone.

Don`t think it can`t happen to you because it so easily can.

Steve

YUMMMY!

The Worst Part is He Lost His Tan... :rolleyes:

S

sportrider

wait, did you have the rest of the "outfit" on... sandals and a Corona tank top???

don't be a :squid: ATGATT!!!