just got a hayabusa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
ok my father did... but i rode it for about 10 mins and i like it. tons more torque and obviously a much bigger feeling bike. the tire in front coulda been low, but it felt heavy and definetly doesnt handle like the 6 correct pressure or not im sure. ive always wanted to ride one, and overall im impressed! (for what little ride time) pics to come later

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
001-8.jpg

002-9.jpg

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to ride a hayabusa as well. I've ridden a few larger bikes...but I think it will be hard to beat the BMW K1200R and K1200S which I've ridden. Those are awesome bikes...

I think the Hayabusa is OK looking. I prefer the looks of the ZX-14 personally, but each to their own :)

bgod

Reaction score
Visit site
Great performing bike!

But in a serious need for an update. The current generation has been around just too long.

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
One of the fugliest bikes out there, IMHO.

hey thanks! not.... too bad looks has nothing to do with performance, but us americans are dumb like that. us judging a bike purely by looks is why the fz6 isnt here for 2010:thumbup:

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
One of the fugliest bikes out there, IMHO.

agreed.

That DN-01 is worse, but its new...the busa has been around the block and ppl like it. I think only because of the 1340cc engine and claimed top speeds(which are far from true anyway)

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
agreed.

That DN-01 is worse, but its new...the busa has been around the block and ppl like it. I think only because of the 1340cc engine and claimed top speeds(which are far from true anyway)

i can see if i was asking for opinions on the bike and i didnt own it, but to bash a bike a fellow member has in his garage is lame. looks are subjective, performance isnt, and the busa is MUCH faster and rides better from my short ride. of course the fz has its advantages too, but this isnt what this thread was about

Last edited:

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
i can see if i was asking for opinions on the bike and i didnt own it, but to bash a bike a fellow member has in his garage is lame. looks are subjective, performance isnt, and the busa is MUCH faster and rides better from my short ride. of course the fz has its advantages too, but this isnt what this thread was about

why single me out?

I was agreeing with an earlier post and adding to it a little.

and I wasnt bashing... thin skin perhaps?

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
why single me out?

I was agreeing with an earlier post and adding to it a little.

and I wasnt bashing... thin skin perhaps?

1st bike perhaps? ride one before u bash one, and that goes for everybody. because of its looks AND performance the hayabusa was around before the fz and will be around long after. its got that plastic look every yuppy in america has to have, thats why the fz wont be around in '10. yamaha could have just put a full fairing on the fz and i bet its sales would have gone up, but instead they come out with a cheapier version, slapped some plastic and an R on it and americas happy. id rather have thin skin then a thick skull

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
were just finishing up checking it out and servicing it, and yes the front tire was very low. 15 psi, supposed to have 42. another ride report later perhaps

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man, busa's are ok bikes, but just because someone doesn't like your cup of tea doesn't mean they're wrong. I don't personally like them, they're too long, have too much plastic, and just too much power.

On another note, the FZ6 is an internationally sold bike it's not "yuppy Americans" fault it's being discontinued. Quit being a defensive jackass, accept that not everyone is going to ohh and ahh over your Dad's Hayabusa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.