New bike in the family FZ-07

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
It seems its new bike season for my family, I recently rode and made a video about my dads new BMW R1200RS, since then he picked up a 1979 Yamaha RD400 Daytona Special. My brother however picked up a new 2015 FZ-07 which I got to ride and do a review of... I'm pretty lucky getting to ride all these brand new bikes with like less than 500 km on them.

Video is here:
v=QzUsdoQtv4w[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzUsdoQtv4w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzUsdoQtv4w[/ame]

I really liked the maneuverability and lightness of it, didnt get a chance to really push it through some corners and get a feeling for the suspension but there wasn't much front end dive when I got hard on the brakes. With the new tires it felt right at home falling into the corners. I disliked the fact there's no ABS or any form of traction control, and it could use some different throttle settings like its big brother. The controls could also be a little higher quality in my opinion, they felt plasticy, cheap and were a bit ugly. Super hard seat, but its very wide so time will tell what its like on long trips. The power starts to taper off when I got it up to around 180 km/h but being a twin makes it real punchy down low. High speeds (over 140 km/h) start to put a strain on my neck and I've really got to hang onto the handlebars more as the pressure on my chest starts to get pretty heavy.

Its a great intermediate bike for someone staying in town or only taking short trips for the most part in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good review! I really like this bike for what it's designed to do and why do people always have to rate bikes like this as starter bikes? It's designed and aimed at a specific market but does what it does better for the money than many other bikes that are not considered starter bikes. I'm not new to riding and if I were in need of this bike for the dollar I would not hesitate at the purchase. It does a great job!