Intercom Recommendations

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
My fiance always complains that she gets bored when she is on the bike and wishes she could talk to me. Not gonna lie that's kind of one of my favorite things about it :D:D:spank: but as I've learned, when she's happy everybody's happy!!!

So I'm in the market for an intercom system that will help her stay occupied during the ride. Any insight on some of the systems out there either good or bad??

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Prebstar wants to get an intercom so we can communicate on long rides together. Not sure if I'd like that, but I can see the advantages, say if I lag behind, I can tell him I've just slowed down a little and not to "freak out" when he can't see me in his mirrors :)

For that reason, I think it would be good, but I actually enjoy the peacefulness when I'm riding (except for my raging FZ6 engine and Scorpion pipes :eek:).

We're looking at a Scala at the moment Q10 I think? Have to do my research.

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
well I have the Scala G4 powerset for about 1 month and days. paid $300 shipped, it contains 2 units "one for me one for my wife". It was one of the best investments I have made to motorcycling. It sounds clear at highways speeds and has a lot of nice features. they get a little complicated at first but once you get the hang of it its just easy. we use them a lot since we commuted for 1 1/2 hours one way to work. A total of 3 hour of usage per day.

I was originally looking at the Scala Q2 systems before but once i found this one I just decided to upgrade and glad I did. The funny thing is that when We commute in our truck we hardly talk to each other.But when we take the Bike that's all we do. Let me know if you want pics?

seb101

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought scala rider q2 multiset last year, we've used it during all season (around 8000 km) it's all good to speeds around 120kmph (is that 70-75mph?) from that speed up it all depends how good helmet you have.
The quieter it is without the intercom inside the better your expierience with wind noise will be.
As our friends, a couple have scala q2's aswell my gf has been able to connect to me and if she wants to she can switch to the other girl, belive me they can talk and talk and talk! As my gf is a biker aswell and we currently have only one bike she used to get bored pretty fast when she couldn't talk, now she gets bored aswell, but it takes longer and she can talk to me about it, when she wants to stop, when she wants to give me some directions where we should go, we can talk about all the stuff we see when passing and all.
if i had a choice i belive i would buy g4 now, since they have better range and can do conference calls, when 4 ppl can talk at once without switching and all but since i have q2's i wouldn't give them up, they are great.